Chelsea Youth

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reuben Loftus-Cheek out of the youth who aren't already in our first team squad yet and Nathaniel Chalobah.joint favourites.

Out of our first team squad Oscar is the player I like to watch most regardless of age but he's under 22 anyway so I'll go with him.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek was in the so to Chalobah. I really like the future of Lukaku if he can get enough game time!I have nothing more than hearing rumours about purchasing another striker when Lukaku has soooo much potential and already scored 17 league goals last year!

Pretty sure this thread should be in another section of TC bro, not Transfer Talk.

But anyways, in regards to Lukaku, yeah he did really well last season, but he might find he has less room to work with playing for Chelsea than when he was at WBA. We don't really have a striker who can be considered world-class yet, hence the previous links with Cavani, Rooney, etc. Still, hopefully Romelu will wreak some havoc on the Premier League this year.

My favourite youth player would be Boga. Call me crazy, but I would have liked to seen him on the Asian part of the pre-season tour, so he could have trained with the senior squad under Mou, and tested himself against the smaller Asian teams. Still, he's really young, and preparing for the season with the other young guys who he'll be playing alongside makes sense.

I haven't seen the pre-season game against Singha All-Stars, so I can't really comment on the new boys but if we're talking about our youth products...

Chalobah is our biggest prospect right now, I guess. I remember when we were all high on Josh McEachran, but he's stalled, I believe. He can still bounce back, but now the path is going to be so much more harder - hoping he'll prove his doubters wrong and finally become our new Lampard. Oh, and for the record; Nortei Nortey deserves an award for best name ever.

I haven't seen the pre-season game against Singha All-Stars, so I can't really comment on the new boys but if we're talking about our youth products...

Chalobah is our biggest prospect right now, I guess. I remember when we were all high on Josh McEachran, but he's stalled, I believe. He can still bounce back, but now the path is going to be so much more harder - hoping he'll prove his doubters wrong and finally become our new Lampard. Oh, and for the record; Nortei Nortey deserves an award for best name ever.

Josh McEachran doesn't play anything like Lampard and never has.

Josh McEachran doesn't play anything like Lampard and never has.

I meant becoming such a professional and a Chelsea legend like he has. For me, Lampard was the guy who made me love Chelsea. I'd love it if McEachran would be known like he is and be like he has been to the fans.

I meant becoming such a professional and a Chelsea legend like he has. For me, Lampard was the guy who made me love Chelsea. I'd love it if McEachran would be known like he is and be like he has been to the fans.

Personally I don't think Josh has the drive or work ethic Lampard has in order for that to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a thread over at redcafe according to which united have the best crop of U23 players with the likes of de gea,rafael,zaha,jones etc :lol: .

Do Liverpool and Chelsea have the roster of young players we have? Do they fuck. There's top notch youth right through the side at the moment with the guys who have been on the team for a few years and the lads trying to break through. Liverpool don't have anything like that and Chelsea never use their own youth products and don't have a particularly young squad.

Do they? I'd say that's a very arguable point. Hazard is clearly a top top player and a lot of the rest of them are potentially or already very good players but don't underestimate what we have up our sleeves. It's hard to do any sort of meaningful player by player comparison because of all the different levels they're at and the fact they all play in different positions but looking at them as two overall groups and given the choice, which would you choose?

DDG

Rafael

Jones

Welbeck

Henríquez

Powell

Fabio

Varela

Zaha

Cole

Lingard

Keane

Junuzaj

or

Hazard

Oscar

Lukaku

Courtois

Schurrle

De Bruyne

Moses

Ake

Chalobah

Loftus-Cheek

No point discussing this because none of them will make it. I've been on Chelsea forums since 2003 and we've had so much excitement running through this forum and the old one and NONE of them have been given a PROPER chance. This club is an absolute disaster when it comes to youth players but if you're a youngster bought for 20 million or so like Oscar and Lukaku then they'll make sure you succeed. Bertrand is sneaking through but he's had 5 different loan clubs since 2006 and he's still not getting a consistent game at 23 years of age even though he has someone ahead of him who is rather special.

No point discussing this because none of them will make it. I've been on Chelsea forums since 2003 and we've had so much excitement running through this forum and the old one and NONE of them have been given a PROPER chance. This club is an absolute disaster when it comes to youth players but if you're a youngster bought for 20 million or so like Oscar and Lukaku then they'll make sure you succeed. Bertrand is sneaking through but he's had 5 different loan clubs since 2006 and he's still not getting a consistent game at 23 years of age even though he has someone ahead of him who is rather special.

you are so right .. Even during the time this forum has existed we have imagined players coming through from our academy . I have

given up all hope of seeing this . I must seriously question the standard of coaching they get there. I have said a few times why even bother with the academy.

Depends what you mean youth...

Hazard, KDB, Oscar etc are all young and we all make it. Have made it...

The likes of Josh, Loftus Cheek, Piazon, Bruma etc, much less likely, because they are not "world class youngsters". And all the time we can just buy the best or a very goof proven player for a positon, they are gonna keep sliding down, and never rise up. Hopefully some will, and things will start to change. But 90% won't.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thought the youth system would bear fruit in anything less than decade after the club was radically overhauled was always going to be in for disappointment.

Now is when you'd expect the system to bear fruit and in players like Chalobah, Ake and Loftus-Cheek we actually have a shot at producing top class players. People can be negative about the club and write them off but I really don't see the point in that.