News and Match Previews Coordination Thread

CHOULO19

Yeah, agree with what Hutcho said. It's a bit too long. Perhaps we can just combine the team news and expected lineups. And for match's odds, we could also just put the ones that states the odd for a Chelsea win, draw, and our opposition win. Don't have to go so into details with the other info on match's odds. A picture could also be added into the articles if possible and what about an article title rather than just 'Chelsea v Inter Milan' match preview?

Apologies if I'm suggesting too much here. :P

The thing that is taking the most space is the squads for the tournament which I think we should not include anymore, I just thought since we are in preseason and not everyone knew the squad that was traveling. We can also collapse the expected lineup to a single line instead of posting it as a formation.

About the odds, I have absolutely no experience with betting; I don't even have any idea what that stuff I wrote means! :lol: I just copied it as it is. So you tell me what to do with it next time.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that is taking the most space is the squads for the tournament which I think we should not include anymore, I just thought since we are in preseason and not everyone knew the squad that was traveling. We can also collapse the expected lineup to a single line instead of posting it as a formation.

Yeah. Can just use '/' as an indicator to separate the DF, MF and ST and state their formation.

About the odds, I have absolutely no experience with betting; I don't even have any idea what that stuff I wrote means! :lol: I just copied it as it is. So you tell me what to do with it next time.

I also have no experience in betting whatsoever. :lol: Just state the odds for a win, draw and loss. A basic one would do.

Guys we also need to go back to writing the news articles. And it doesn't only have to be one of the five people on here. Just write in your own way any Chelsea related news/stories you read, add links to the sources and post it in the article section. It can be just a few lines, if you want. Would be much appreciated. Just post here about what you're going to write about first so we don;t have multiple articles on the same subject.

@, @Strike, @Hutcho, @NishC300, @Barbara, Hey guys, I just wrote the first Match Preview for the match against Inter: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/16505-chelsea-vs-inter-match-preview

This will be a kind if template for us for the future. So please let me know what you think and how we can improve on it.

PS: Do you think it's too long?

a bit long but well-detailed.

Oh, you re-put it up again?

Did you put it up as well? I saw there were two on the main site and assumed that there was an error when I promoted it and just deleted one of them.

And who is writing the preview for the game against Everton/Real Madrid?

Haven't decided that yet, would you like to? I can't I'm out of town next week.

Did you put it up as well? I saw there were two on the main site and assumed that there was an error when I promoted it and just deleted one of them.

Yeah, I did after editing(a bit) and approving the article. And there were 2?! Only saw there was one at that time. Though I did edit 1-2 things after promoting the article but for some reason, I couldn't do so in the main site. Maybe that was the cause?

Haven't decided that yet, would you like to?

Sounds like Barbara wants to do it.

Yeah, I did after editing(a bit) and approving the article. And there were 2?! Only saw there was one at that time. Though I did edit 1-2 things after promoting the article but for some reason, I couldn't do so in the main site. Maybe that was the cause?

You can't edit an article on the main site after you've promoted it. It's always been that way. You get that "Don't have permission" error. The weird thing is though, both the articles that were on the main site had the image I uploaded! That's why I thought I had promoted it twice by mistake.

if it's Real Madrid I could :P when is the match again? on the 8th?

Yeah go ahead. I'll help you out a bit if it's Everton if you want.

You can't edit an article on the main site after you've promoted it. It's always been that way. You get that "Don't have permission" error. The weird thing is though, both the articles that were on the main site had the image I uploaded! That's why I thought I had promoted it twice by mistake.

Meh. Thought of it before and when I posted about this and got no reply (or confirmation) from others. <_<

Anyways, cheers for the info.