News and Match Previews Coordination Thread

CHOULO19

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to swap places? I write a Chelsea preview and you stay at the hospital for 4 days straight? :lol:

Oh well, how did we do? Did we play as well as a 3-0 suggest?

You could have sent a cat as a messenger.. :Goober:

What happened to you anyway?

You could have sent a cat as a messenger.. :Goober:

What happened to you anyway?

LOL, I pmed Choulo on Friday.

It was not me. My father fell from the stairs of a mall and broke his leg really bad, the bone got exposed. So I had to quit class and drive lile nuts to take him to the hospital while he was screaming and I could see his bone coming out of his leg (gross). He then got into ER and did a temporary surgery to clean things up and prevent infection (that was Wednesday, right before the PSG match). Then he was in a semi intensive care room until the titanium pieces came from Europe or whatver. And Friday he did the real surgery of almost 5 hours to put everything in place!!!

The doctor said if he twisted the bone a little bit more he could have had his leg amputed, scary!!!

But everything is fine now, we just came back from the hospital (geez, eating hospital food for 4 days is the worse feeling on this planet) and he is recoverring well...

LOL, I pmed Choulo on Friday.

And you didn't PM me? :cry: :cry:

It was not me. My father fell from the stairs of a mall and broke his leg really bad, the bone got exposed. So I had to quit class and drive lile nuts to take him to the hospital while he was screaming and I could see his bone coming out of his leg (gross). He then got into ER and did a temporary surgery to clean things up and prevent infection (that was Wednesday, right before the PSG match). Then he was in a semi intensive care room until the titanium pieces came from Europe or whatver. And Friday he did the real surgery of almost 5 hours to put everything in place!!!

The doctor said if he twisted the bone a little bit more he could have had his leg amputed, scary!!!

But everything is fine now, we just came back from the hospital (geez, eating hospital food for 4 days is the worse feeling on this planet) and he is recoverring well...

Ouch! That sounds very bad. Am sorry to hear that Raphael and glad he is doing fine now. :)

Sorry if I have misunderstood you earlier on and I can symphathize with you on the hospital food part.

No one is free to preview the Swansea, Sunderland and Liverpool games I assume?

I can do the PSG home game. Nothing else apart from that though, sorry. Exam season.

I'm guessing your exam must have taken your time to do preview..?

Semis if Chelsea make it

Great! You're on!!

I'm guessing your exam must have taken your time to do preview..?

Yeah sorry pal, completely went over my head - exam season is just taking over everything.

But yeah...

Skipper and I should preview all our important matches from now on. :ph34r:

Still 100% baby :Goober:

@The Skipper, @Rmpr, @Strike, any of chance you guys free to preview the Sunderland game this weekend?

Don't want to jinx it especially after we lost against Sunderland when I last wrote a preview for that cup game. :ph34r:

Jason, I'm a very scientific-minded kind of guy and I have never had any superstitions or believed that random actions affect your luck. But if you even think about writing that preview, or any preview till the end of the season, I will slaughter your cats!

@The Skipper, @Rmpr, @Strike, any of chance you guys free to preview the Sunderland game this weekend?

Don't want to jinx it especially after we lost against Sunderland when I last wrote a preview for that cup game. :ph34r:

I would love to but I can't... One of you guys will have to step up for the team!

No mate sorry, I've got a bunch of exams in April and then I have an Aerodesign competition in June that I have to prepare to...

Jason, I'm a very scientific-minded kind of guy and I have never had any superstitions or believed that random actions affect your luck. But if you even think about writing that preview, or any preview till the end of the season, I will slaughter your cats!

My pleasure then. I'll just let you do the talking if/when Jim come and ask about it. :P

I would love to but I can't... One of you guys will have to step up for the team!

But if you are one of the fellas still with a 100% record (and unbeaten!)..

No mate sorry, I've got a bunch of exams in April and then I have an Aerodesign competition in June that I have to prepare to...

SCREW THE EXAMS! :P

Semis if Chelsea make it

Am guessing you can do the Atletico game right..?

Didn't even write it and shit happened! :rant:

@CHOULO19, @Barbara, @Strike, @Rmpr, @The Skipper...

Have a 'love' proposal to make to you all... :ph34r:

Have been thinking lately that if we should change the format of the match previews next season. The current one is alright and we all have been generally doing fine with the previews this season but given that there seems to be quite a bit to write every time and it's perhaps proving to be a hassle with everyone busy with work/studies from time to time, might be better off reducing the workload in these previews. After all, there have been times this season we've failed to get a preview going, like the past few games for instance..

Hence, I was thinking if it would be more viable if we preview talking points/things to look out for before each game in 3-5 points. It will be just a short paragraph for each point, maybe 4-5 sentences, previewing certain things to keep an eye on. It's gonna be similar to how Guardian always do it before every weekend of league action - http://www.theguardi...gs-look-forward. And if needed, we could just add in the team news info and probably the match coverage details.

That way, the workload will be reduced and we could get several/different point of views and contributions from the members here (could get a few more in). I could collect the thoughts from those doing the points for every game and compile it into an article.

So, I would like to know your thoughts lads. :)

I personally like reading people's preview. I really do!

However, I gotta admit this new format would save me precious minutes of my time (especially during exams), thus allowing me to write more previews than I have been able to.

Also, I believe a new format would refresh things (some of our articles have become a bit too similar) and it could inspire new members to patticipate as well. Not to mention it gives whoever is writing more creative freedom to choose their own topics and what not.

So, in resume, I have nothing against the current format but I believe a change would be welcomed!