Youri Tielemans

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah like stingray said, playing a few good games as a 16 year old in Belgium doesn't mean you can compete with an almost completely Premier league level squad. However if he progresses I can see him play for the NT in a few years time.

Is his potential higher as that of Charly Musonda? That's hard to say. Charly has the advantage of being around and playing against better youths. I guess Chelsea will have better youth staff and training as well. And indeed they're quite different types of players. Considering Charly's flair (he has that Iniesta flavour) most perhaps would pick him. He's great though and always effective and rather composed as well. If Chelsea would buy him he'd certainly could make it in the starting line up some years later.

There have been no links between Chelsea and him though. Not yet though.

• 1 month later...

Yeah like stingray said, playing a few good games as a 16 year old in Belgium doesn't mean you can compete with an almost completely Premier league level squad. However if he progresses I can see him play for the NT in a few years time.

Is his potential higher as that of Charly Musonda? That's hard to say. Charly has the advantage of being around and playing against better youths. I guess Chelsea will have better youth staff and training as well. And indeed they're quite different types of players. Considering Charly's flair (he has that Iniesta flavour) most perhaps would pick him. He's great though and always effective and rather composed as well. If Chelsea would buy him he'd certainly could make it in the starting line up some years later.

There have been no links between Chelsea and him though. Not yet though.

I don't think Chelsea has a better youth staff or youth training. Anderlecht is top of europe and won lots of youth tournaments the last years (and had lots of great talents coming trough). We don't have a single youth player on our bench or squad in the average game.

I don't think Chelsea has a better youth staff or youth training. Anderlecht is top of europe and won lots of youth tournaments the last years (and had lots of great talents coming trough). We don't have a single youth player on our bench or squad in the average game.

Are you seriously comparing Anderlecht to Chelsea or the Belgium league to the Premier League? Anderlecht have the opportunity to play their young players because their league is that bad. Oostende are probably comparable to MK Dons...

Are you seriously comparing Anderlecht to Chelsea or the Belgium league to the Premier League? Anderlecht have the opportunity to play their young players because their league is that bad. Oostende are probably comparable to MK Dons...

I'm comparing international youth tournaments. Even if I was comparing PL and BL (which i don't) chelsea only has got terry in its line up as a youth player, which is quite poor. And If we would compare youth players (which is -21 according to the UEFA) anderlecht has bred the better talent pool in my opinion.

Januzaj and lukaku (which are Anderlecht youth players) would both be on our bench or XI

I'm comparing international youth tournaments. Even if I was comparing PL and BL (which i don't) chelsea only has got terry in its line up as a youth player, which is quite poor. And If we would compare youth players (which is -21 according to the UEFA) anderlecht has bred the better talent pool in my opinion.

Januzaj and lukaku (which are Anderlecht youth players) would both be on our bench or XI

So would Chalobah, Ake, Omeruo, Van Aanholt, Piazon, Bertrand, Kalas - None of which would be first team players for Chelsea, because our squad is better than Anderlecht and our league is more competative, I'm still struggling to see your point...

So would Chalobah, Ake, Omeruo, Van Aanholt, Piazon, Bertrand, Kalas - None of which would be first team players for Chelsea, because our squad is better than Anderlecht and our league is more competative, I'm still struggling to see your point...

euh almost all of those players spend the majority of their developing years 8-15/16 at an other club. Once again my point was anderlechts youth coaches and training is better. I can't even see why this is an issue, ask any scout (see our own piet de visser) who has a better youth system.

Edit: Our bench; chelseas bench.

euh almost all of those players spend the majority of their developing years 8-15/16 at an other club. Once again my point was anderlechts youth coaches and training is better. I can't even see why this is an issue, ask any scout (see our own piet de visser) who has a better youth system.

Edit: Our bench; chelseas bench.

Where was Anderlecht in the next gen final last year? I saw four teams in the semi finals and one of them was Chelsea. I didnt see any Anderlecht. I think both clubs have really good youth systems and the only way to know would be a match between our youth teams.

Anderlecht did win some of the most prestigious international tournaments. Viareggio & Aegon cup for example. They had to play next gen just a couple days after a grueling 8 game Viareggio tournament. even then they were quite unlucky to lose that game. Their academy is after some heavy investments one of the top in europe since a year or 3.

Anderlecht did win some of the most prestigious international tournaments. Viareggio & Aegon cup for example. They had to play next gen just a couple days after a grueling 8 game Viareggio tournament. even then they were quite unlucky to lose that game. Their academy is after some heavy investments one of the top in europe since a year or 3.

And so is Chelsea's. Roman has invested a lot into the youth academy since he's come here - difference is though it's a 100 times easier to break through to the Anderlecht first team than Chelsea's (or any top European club), which in turn obviously means talents get a larger scale of opportunity there. Doesn't necessarily mean their youth academy is better than ours.

Players like McEachran and Chalobah would easily start for Anderlecht by now (no disrespect).

• 3 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You