test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LukakutoStamford

Wishlist Youri Tielemans

Started by LukakutoStamford,

209 posts in this topic

Yeah like stingray said, playing a few good games as a 16 year old in Belgium doesn't mean you can compete with an almost completely Premier league level squad. However if he progresses I can see him play for the NT in a few years time.

Is his potential higher as that of Charly Musonda? That's hard to say. Charly has the advantage of being around and playing against better youths. I guess Chelsea will have better youth staff and training as well. And indeed they're quite different types of players. Considering Charly's flair (he has that Iniesta flavour) most perhaps would pick him. He's great though and always effective and rather composed as well. If Chelsea would buy him he'd certainly could make it in the starting line up some years later.

There have been no links between Chelsea and him though. Not yet though.

I was under the impression that he was an attacking midfielder,turns out he is a central/box to box midfielder so he is definitely one to keep an eye on for the future.

Yeah like stingray said, playing a few good games as a 16 year old in Belgium doesn't mean you can compete with an almost completely Premier league level squad. However if he progresses I can see him play for the NT in a few years time.

Is his potential higher as that of Charly Musonda? That's hard to say. Charly has the advantage of being around and playing against better youths. I guess Chelsea will have better youth staff and training as well. And indeed they're quite different types of players. Considering Charly's flair (he has that Iniesta flavour) most perhaps would pick him. He's great though and always effective and rather composed as well. If Chelsea would buy him he'd certainly could make it in the starting line up some years later.

There have been no links between Chelsea and him though. Not yet though.

I don't think Chelsea has a better youth staff or youth training. Anderlecht is top of europe and won lots of youth tournaments the last years (and had lots of great talents coming trough). We don't have a single youth player on our bench or squad in the average game.

I don't think Chelsea has a better youth staff or youth training. Anderlecht is top of europe and won lots of youth tournaments the last years (and had lots of great talents coming trough). We don't have a single youth player on our bench or squad in the average game.

Are you seriously comparing Anderlecht to Chelsea or the Belgium league to the Premier League? Anderlecht have the opportunity to play their young players because their league is that bad. Oostende are probably comparable to MK Dons...

Are you seriously comparing Anderlecht to Chelsea or the Belgium league to the Premier League? Anderlecht have the opportunity to play their young players because their league is that bad. Oostende are probably comparable to MK Dons...

I'm comparing international youth tournaments. Even if I was comparing PL and BL (which i don't) chelsea only has got terry in its line up as a youth player, which is quite poor. And If we would compare youth players (which is -21 according to the UEFA) anderlecht has bred the better talent pool in my opinion.

Januzaj and lukaku (which are Anderlecht youth players) would both be on our bench or XI

I'm comparing international youth tournaments. Even if I was comparing PL and BL (which i don't) chelsea only has got terry in its line up as a youth player, which is quite poor. And If we would compare youth players (which is -21 according to the UEFA) anderlecht has bred the better talent pool in my opinion.

Januzaj and lukaku (which are Anderlecht youth players) would both be on our bench or XI

So would Chalobah, Ake, Omeruo, Van Aanholt, Piazon, Bertrand, Kalas - None of which would be first team players for Chelsea, because our squad is better than Anderlecht and our league is more competative, I'm still struggling to see your point...

English Freak likes this

So would Chalobah, Ake, Omeruo, Van Aanholt, Piazon, Bertrand, Kalas - None of which would be first team players for Chelsea, because our squad is better than Anderlecht and our league is more competative, I'm still struggling to see your point...

euh almost all of those players spend the majority of their developing years 8-15/16 at an other club. Once again my point was anderlechts youth coaches and training is better. I can't even see why this is an issue, ask any scout (see our own piet de visser) who has a better youth system.

Edit: Our bench; chelseas bench.

euh almost all of those players spend the majority of their developing years 8-15/16 at an other club. Once again my point was anderlechts youth coaches and training is better. I can't even see why this is an issue, ask any scout (see our own piet de visser) who has a better youth system.

Edit: Our bench; chelseas bench.

Where was Anderlecht in the next gen final last year? I saw four teams in the semi finals and one of them was Chelsea. I didnt see any Anderlecht. I think both clubs have really good youth systems and the only way to know would be a match between our youth teams.

Anderlecht did win some of the most prestigious international tournaments. Viareggio & Aegon cup for example. They had to play next gen just a couple days after a grueling 8 game Viareggio tournament. even then they were quite unlucky to lose that game. Their academy is after some heavy investments one of the top in europe since a year or 3.

Anderlecht did win some of the most prestigious international tournaments. Viareggio & Aegon cup for example. They had to play next gen just a couple days after a grueling 8 game Viareggio tournament. even then they were quite unlucky to lose that game. Their academy is after some heavy investments one of the top in europe since a year or 3.

And so is Chelsea's. Roman has invested a lot into the youth academy since he's come here - difference is though it's a 100 times easier to break through to the Anderlecht first team than Chelsea's (or any top European club), which in turn obviously means talents get a larger scale of opportunity there. Doesn't necessarily mean their youth academy is better than ours.

Players like McEachran and Chalobah would easily start for Anderlecht by now (no disrespect).

Weckerz, Stingray, sdrcfc and 1 other like this

Rumours say City are in for him, should cost 6m€..

For 6m he is a definite buy

Isn't he a CDM? That's perfect for us

Yep, CDM, amazing talent. Already in the first team of anderlecht plus only 16 years old. Quite baffling tbh. Kompany style talent in my view.

Yep, CDM, amazing talent. Already in the first team of anderlecht plus only 16 years old. Quite baffling tbh. Kompany style talent in my view.

Yeah I think he is one of the most promising players in the world right now, atleast in his age group.

Stingray likes this