Mourinho Reiterates His Passion For Chelsea

Barbara

José Mourinho found himself once again talking about his love for Chelsea FC. In his first press conference in Malaysia, as part of the team's pre-season Asia tour, the manager admitted even when he was in Internazionale - that he previously confessed being one of his passions - he wanted to come back to Stamford Bridge.

"I left the club in 2007, I went to two fantastic football countries like Italy and Spain, two fantastic clubs like Inter Milan and Real Madrid and I was always wishing to be back. This club is so special that I am back and I hope to stay for a long time. That's the only thing I can say to every other professional in the world. This is my own experience. I'm back and so happy to be back.

"I think the most important thing in football, for players or for managers, is the passion and the happiness, the feelings you have for a club. We are all professionals at the same time in love with our job. If you can execute your mission, your job, as a player or manager, not just because you are paid for it, or it's your work, but because you can do it with happiness and passion, with deep feelings, that's the most important thing.

"In this second part of my career, because I just turned 50, the most important thing for me is a deep feeling with a really special football club. Not many clubs are you not there and people remember you and sing your name, all over the world. I don't think you can have a better feeling. If Chelsea became a special club for me, it's because Chelsea can be a special club for anybody."

Ever since coming back, Mourinho repeated a few times that he feels at home at Stamford Bridge and that he's happy to be in a place he loves and where he plans to stay for a very long time.

Just a few days ago, in Thailand, he said a squad as young as Chelsea's calls for a manager that will stay a long time in the club. His thoughts on the matter seem to be in sync with the club's boss Roman Abramovich and blues fans hope the inevitable difficulties that the team will face - like any other club in the world - won't create a rift in the partnership like during Mourinho's first spell in the club.

Chelsea will face Malaysia XI in their second pre-season game this Sunday, 14:45 GMT.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic