TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2013/14

Steve

This year will be my year, remember the name you fuckers. :Goober:

Two matches for Chelsea in the opening round, nice. Tempted to go with Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing, only John Terry is 6, otherwise everyone is 6.5, i had Luiz too but he also has an international match,right?

Luiz has an international match? I thought it was just the Spanish team. If I exclude the spainards. I would expect our back 4 to be:

Ivan luiz JT cole.

Luiz has an international match? I thought it was just the Spanish team. If I exclude the spainards. I would expect our back 4 to be:

Ivan luiz JT cole.

Even i am not sure about any international match for Brazil, i think they have! My back 4 will also be same for hull but for Villa i am not sure!

Hello All!

Since everyone seems to be very tight lipped about their squads till now, i thought id share my sqauad.....

It keeps changing, but what do y'all think? Please critique!!

I had van persie till yesterday but that meant my midfield had only 2 strong guys, i medium(bellamy) and two average/crap players.... but then i looked at their fixtures and realised if i remove van persie i can get my midfield to be strong and still get good strikers....

the only problem that leaves me with is that if i want to get RVP back in a few weeks thats going to be tough....and expensive....

Anyhow.... check it out and please post yours as well!! Its early days so we can discuss squads atleast till 1 week is left...

10ogrpz.png

Solid team @The Rising Sun,. Although some things i would like to point out : Davis isn't first choice GK for Soton, Boruc is! Bellamy isn't the safest route into Cardiff, he is old and may not play every game, Kim is the guy you need from Cardiff. Doubling up on Liverpool. . sort of Eh! Get Walcott as Arsenal have some really nice fixtures. Garrido might be a risk of rotation with Olsson joining them this season. M.Turner is what i have in my team!

My 2 cents. :)

PS: I ll post my team too.

166d166e8f1892f6a10e7ba0c6e13334.png

I have 6.5 in the bank. My theory: Lukaku is a double gameweek punt and after that i ll transfer him out and get RVP! It all depends on Bale not being sold. I expect Soton to be the darkhorses and do what WBA did last time around, that is exceed everyone's expectations and i also expect them to be tight at the back. If Arsenal doesn't sign a striker, i think Giroud could be a very a very good option at 8.5 for the rest of the season.

But this could all change before the final week.

I have 6.5 in the bank. My theory: Lukaku is a double gameweek punt and after that i ll transfer him out and get RVP! It all depends on Bale not being sold. I expect Soton to be the darkhorses and do what WBA did last time around, that is exceed everyone's expectations and i also expect them to be tight at the back. If Arsenal doesn't sign a striker, i think Giroud could be a very a very good option at 8.5 for the rest of the season.

Well you have a very good spread of players across different teams...

IMO I wouldnt go with a Southampton goalie.....even if he saves you a million or so....

i was looking at the stats for last season, and in rank.... hart 6.5 mill had 18 CS, then cech 6.5 with 14 then Reina 5.5 with 14.... so while the picks of Monnone and Boruc are well spread in terms of choices, it is a bit of a risk for saving a million.... but nothing you cant change if it doesnt work later.... so might be worth it.

Beware of Giroud!! thats all i can tell you... he had a fantastic pre season last year as well and then i picked him.

Somehow even when the entire arsenal team scores, he still manages not to. And he misses a lot.

However, season 2 might be the turning point for him.

I think Ben Arfa for week one against Man City will be tough, and that too at the Etihad.

That was my critique, but i havent done better than 14th in the last 2 seasons so im no one to tell!!

I, for my FPL and Chelsea hopes, really hope rvp has an injury hit season like he did at arse

nal.

Why Giroud? I think there are better options for the same price.

IMO I wouldnt go with a Southampton goalie.....even if he saves you a million or so....

i was looking at the stats for last season, and in rank.... hart 6.5 mill had 18 CS, then cech 6.5 with 14 then Reina 5.5 with 14.... so while the picks of Monnone and Boruc are well spread in terms of choices, it is a bit of a risk.... but nothing you cant change if it doesnt work later.... so might be worth it.

Beware of Giroud!! thats all i can tell you... he had a fantastic pre season last year as well and then i picked him.

Somehow even when the entire arsenal team scores, he still manages not to. And he misses a lot.

Solid team @The Rising Sun,. Although some things i would like to point out : Davis isn't first choice GK for Soton, Boruc is! Bellamy isn't the safest route into Cardiff, he is old and may not play every game, Kim is the guy you need from Cardiff. Doubling up on Liverpool. . sort of Eh! Get Walcott as Arsenal have some really nice fixtures. Garrido might be a risk of rotation with Olsson joining them this season. M.Turner is what i have in my team!

My 2 cents. :)

PS: I ll post my team too.

Had to include sturridge and then cant miss out on Coutinho.... He is like their Hazard and does well for them....

Could get walcott , and that would add alot to my midfield and remove having 2 players from the same time as midfielder striker.... but not sure yet, might even take a punt on navas instead of coutinho..... but he is a sexy player and will shine this year, just like oscar will for us.

Why Giroud? I think there are better options for the same price.

i was looking at the stats for last season, and in rank.... hart 6.5 mill had 18 CS, then cech 6.5 with 14 then Reina 5.5 with 14.... so while the picks of Monnone and Boruc are well spread in terms of choices, it is a bit of a risk for saving a million.... but nothing you cant change if it doesnt work later.... so might be worth it.

I think Ben Arfa for week one against Man City will be tough, and that too at the Etihad.

That was my critique, but i havent done better than 14th in the last 2 seasons so im no one to tell!!

I, for my FPL and Chelsea hopes, really hope rvp has an injury hit season like he did at arse

nal.

Arsenal have really nice easy fixtures as compared to rest and Giroud being the only forward for them, i am expecting him to score some goals. he was pretty good in the french league, so may be he will start getting some FPL points. My 2nd option would be Berbatov. Other than that, RVP is way too costly and hence i am waiting to see how things pan out for Man utd and RvP. City is a minefield with nobody guaranteed to start regularly due to their so many options, hence Giroud for now!

Regarding GKs, i have always gone cheap. Last Year, i had Jussi and Begovic. Ben Arfa might make way for Snodgrass! He is in my watchlist!

Had to include sturridge and then cant miss out on Coutinho.... He is like their Hazard and does well for them....

Could get walcott , and that would add alot to my midfield and remove having 2 players from the same time as midfielder striker.... but not sure yet, might even take a punt on navas instead of coutinho..... but he is a sexy player and will shine this year, just like oscar will for us.

Jesus Navas last season: 6 assists and 0 goals in the league.

haha yeah, but now he is in city.... so maybe he does better,....

anyways, if coutinho goes. then i have 9 mill to play with, so will have a wealth of options to choose from....

Also you think Zaha will get a look in? Especially with the tough fixtures in the start for Man Utd! I am not too sure.

It's tough with lots of the big names potentially leaving.

If rooney comes then he is instantly in my team. If Bale leaves on deadline day it will screw a load of people over. Suarez is banned for the first 6 games. City have 3 strikers. We don't know if Jose is gonna put the big man up top or go with fernando. So many decisions. So i am gonna wait til fairly late to make my final selections.

Also you think Zaha will get a look in? Especially with the tough fixtures in the start for Man Utd! I am not too sure.

He has been their best player in pre season, and frankly , i think he will be their go to guy in every attack.....

He looked good in playoffs and looks really good in their pre season.... IMO he is their best player( i know that sounds stupid, but apart from RVP Rooney, i really believe so)