TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2013/14

Steve

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Had 3 Southampton defenders and thought before playing us tomorrow I'd better change at least one of them (conflicted interests and all :P). I've checked the fixtures this GW and the next and went with a Coleman + Jagielka (still have Boruc and Fonte though). No regrets :P Too bad Barkley didn't play though :(

I was about to drop Hamsey or Ozil from team, but at last second decided against it (I had 2 FT) because I've seen their history and and it seems to work in cycles for Ramsey and Ozil has been anonymous (in terms of assists or goals) for a while, so I kept them. Will my good luck continue tomorrow (probably not as I don't see both Oscar and Hazard playing and I have both)

After two really bad rounds I've now got a decent start to this one. Three players (Lukaku, Ramsey, Coleman) have featured so far and I will have 34 points once the bonuses are added.

Got some deadwood in the starting lineup though, so aside from Aguero, Suarez and maybe Hazard I'm not a expecting lots of points tomorrow.

So I put in Andros Townsend as I anticipated a must win game for Spurs & AVB. Not only that but I changed my captain to him.

Who did I take out for Townsend? Nathan Dyer.

Who did I change as captain at the last minute? Well..

09d8a52c00829291f0e61ce9adc07429.png

Had Hazard as my captain, definitely not a bad round for him but nowhere near Suarez who was my VC. Still top of the table in the TC league but only nine points ahead now.

@JayC, remember when I said two months ago that it's only a matter of time till Hazard hits top form again and will soon be back in everyone's teams? After that he has scored 64 points in seven games, which is actually the third highest score behind Suarez and Aguero from that period of time, and also his price has gone up by half a mil. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a risk as he might not play, I know, but I felt I just had to get Schürrle in. Was already planning on making a move for him as soon as he started playing more and then he went on to score two goals the first time he got any minutes...

Hazard for captain this week.

I had already used my free transfer to get rid of Koscielny who got injured but now I have to make some additional changes after Aguero was confirmed to be out for at least a month. City's goalscoring form is just too good to ignore so I decided to go with Negredo, at least till Aguero gets back.