Ray Wilkins

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe shit like this gets into the news and is read by so many people. Drink driving is wrong, of that there is no doubt, but if he was not 'famous' this story wouldn't have been printed. Nearly as bad as all those stories about players having affairs etc.. who gives a shit

can't believe shit like this gets into the news and is read by so many people. Drink driving is wrong, of that there is no doubt, but if he was not 'famous' this story wouldn't have been printed. Nearly as bad as all those stories about players having affairs etc.. who gives a shit

He deserves it IMO.

Famous footballers are role models for children, they also ears a lot of money. But it's also means a lot of responsibility, they can't do anything. Driving drunk is a disgusting thing, many-many people dies because of it every years.

He deserves it IMO.

Famous footballers are role models for children, they also ears a lot of money. But it's also means a lot of responsibility, they can't do anything. Driving drunk is a disgusting thing, many-many people dies because of it every years

I still believe in privacy. I don't believe that because these lot earn more money than most they should have every aspect of their lives under media scrutiny. I also don't think publicly shaming people for drink driving will have any effect on reducing the rate at which people commit the offence because, when one is drunk, they do not think about consequences.. as i'm sure Mr Wilkins will attest.

I still believe in privacy. I don't believe that because these lot earn more money than most they should have every aspect of their lives under media scrutiny.

I agree, famous people also have the right to have a private life, but if you drive drunk in a public road it's not private anymore. I like Ray but shame on him.

I agree, famous people also have the right to have a private life, but if you drive drunk in a public road it's not private anymore. I like Ray but shame on him.

yes, but should we shame the other 83,975 who were convicted of the same offence in 2006 (couldn't find more recent stats) just in England and Wales? (source: http://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_statistics_uk.php)

I agree, shame on all of them, but not in public, unless you do it for the other 80+ thousand. One rule for 'celebrities' and another for regular people? I'm just baffled by the number of people that read this stuff about drink driving, affairs and minor convictions of celebrities.

Anyway, I suppose we're derailing the thread.