Izzy Brown

coolhead23

If Mourinho said he did not play Brown up front because he is more of a winger why did he not just bring Solanke then? He is an out and out striker who has scored 30+ goals for the reserves/youth team. I am not saying he had to bring on Brown but to say he did not bring him on because is more of a winger is quite odd. Solanke and Brown both played the full game on Monday, so he could have easily called up Solanke. Baffling reason.

People are reading too much into nothing.

I don't think many managers would be stupid enough to play an untested youngster up front in the final minutes of a crucial league fixture UNLESS they were looking for a goal

and unrested. Brown played just one day before in UYL semifinal.

Jose treats youngsters so bad, that I'd be pissed off if I was some from the young team. To say that a defender is better option in attach than real striker/winger is absolutely dumb. And Brown is not only a normal striker/winger. He is the captain of a team which is playing final in Youth Champions League.... What is worse is that Jose did that second time, after the situation with Zouma and Ake.

It's not criticism. Playing Zouma up front would 'allow' a long ball approach for the last part of the game, that's something Mourinho has opted to do many times (referring to long ball football).

wow how can anyone defend this?

All great managers do that, Guardiola, Van Gaal, etc. It's not like they have teenagers they could use instead of first team CBs. But I guess you folks must know better, Ya'll must be legendary FOOTBALL Managers in your own right. I know I am, I even even had Quaresma win the ballon d'orin my Football Manager career. :rolleyes:

All great managers do that, Guardiola, Van Gaal, etc. It's not like they have teenagers they could use instead of first team CBs. But I guess you folks must know better, Ya'll must be legendary FOOTBALL Managers in your own right. I know I am, I even even had Quaresma win the ballon d'orin my Football Manager career. :rolleyes:

Learn how to read.

This further proves that some people will defend the indefensible when it comes to Jose. There's no way that shocking statement can be justified. Do some posters realise that they don't have to defend Mourinho all the time. sometimes it's ok to just sit back and accept a dumb statement for what it really is and not try to rationalize it.

This further proves that some people will defend the indefensible when it comes to Jose. There's no way that shocking statement can be justified. Do some posters realise that they don't have to defend Mourinho all the time. sometimes it's ok to just sit back and accept a dumb statement for what it really is and not try to rationalize it.

He'd have put Zouma in defense and our prolific RB beside DD.

I don't need to defend Mourinho but pumping the ball long to Drogba and Zouma/Ivan probably made more sense, than adding a young attacking midfielder against those Qpr thugs.

I don't need to defend Mourinho but pumping the ball long to Drogba and Zouma/Ivan probably made more sense, than adding a young attacking midfielder against those Qpr thugs.

VBUT HE ISNTTTT ANA TATACKING MIDFIELDER JOSE LIEESD D TO YOU

Of course if Jose put Izzy in squad against QPR in thug game it isnt good move. But in fact i'm really impressed by his game in UEFA YOUTH LEAGUE, he is very fast and good technique. Kind of his play is very similar to Thierry Henry, isnt it?

He'd have put Zouma in defense and our prolific RB beside DD.

Well, Brown is physical player himself. He's fast and has lot of energy. And he showed again that he has very good finish in him.

Utmost better than launching a long balls to Zouma. You really don't think that Zouma would actually do something effective ? In theory you could even put Cech upfront to collect long balls.

I don't even know why I discuss this. Somehow Mourinho put Schurrle upfront at Old Trafford even though "he's more of a winger" instead of giving a go to David Luiz. How can anyone explain this to me that he used a winger instead of defender upfront ? :ph34r:

It's baffling that comment like this can still be excused but lionsden hit the nail.

The only explanation for this sort of blind loyalty and delusion is Mourinho is the reason some of you became Chelsea fans otherwise I don't understand it.

And who said he has to bring him on during the 80 minute mark? It was clear Didier wasn't up to the task as early as the first 15 minutes of yesterday. He could have brought on Izzy much earlier.

And it's always it isn't the "right time" with some of you, when is this mythical "right time" to bring through youth exactly?

The only explanation for this sort of blind loyalty and delusion is Mourinho is the reason some of you became Chelsea fans otherwise I don't understand it.

And who said he has to bring him on during the 80 minute mark? It was clear Didier wasn't up to the task as early as the first 15 minutes of yesterday. He could have brought on Izzy much earlier.

And it's always it isn't the "right time" with some of you, when is this mythical "right time" to bring through youth exactly?

So you wanted him to take off Drogba for a young player who isn't even a real striker, hasn't even played with the senior team, in a rivalry match away from home where even the soon to be POTY couldn't do much for long periods.

There's a reason we're just fans arguing over this and there are people getting paid to make better decisions.