Alternative Strikers

Strike

Strikers  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see Chelsea sign in attack this summer?

• Someone proven and experienced - Zlatan, Rooney or Gomez
    • Someone in their peak - Negredo, Martinez, Higuain
    • Someone with potential - Jovetic
    • Jose will get the best out of Torres
    • None. Lukaku is enough

Yeah. I got the crux of your point But current forward line is thin/not good enough for me. I would definitely look to add a forward. As good as the midfield is, the bulk of the chances fall to the forward over a season.

I think Jose will sign/try to sign a forward.

Thin? We currently have 3 players for one position. And Scurrle and even Moses can cover there if needed. Lacking the needed quality I actually agree with. Ideally, we should have a world-class striker with Lukaku as second choice and someone like Ba as third choice. But since that is clearly not happening, Torres-Ba-Lukaku is not such a bad alternative, especially because we do not rely on our striker as much as other teams do as I explained above.

I honestly don't think we'll go after a striker. But I guess we'll see..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's too early to admit defeat in the Cavani/Lewandowski chase. It's surprising to see so many people appearing to have moved on from them when nothing has been decided yet and they are still with their teams.

Chase? When did we chase either? And even if you assume that that cunt Palmeri was right about us going after Cavani (very highly unlikely), we have certainly never "chased" Lewandowiski.

Chase? When did we chase either? And even if you assume that that cunt Palmeri was right about us going after Cavani (very highly unlikely), we have certainly never "chased" Lewandowiski.

Sky Sports said Chelsea made an approach for Cavani. They're proving to be very trustworthy in the last few months. Reporting only actual contact and not what the rags pull out of their arses

It depends on what bag of formations and systems Jose is gonna have us play…I say bag as there is no way he's gonna use just one but at this point there's no way of knowing. I see a lot of fans presuming what formation he is gonna play and presuming he is gonna be getting our players to play the same way that other managers have played in recent years.

Demba Ba was a cheap by our standards safe punt,made knowing that he could easily enough be sold on for the price we paid or even make a profit on him. He is certainly replaceable if Jose doesn't want him.

I Don't want to talk about Torres,but the sacrificing the title to try and salvage his career got old a long time ago.fuck his wages...it's costing us more to play him…if there's a will there's a way to get rid.

With that in mind I would personally like us to get in two reasonably priced strikers instead of one..but one of those would need to be able to play more than just be a pure striker. Something like Jovetic and Soldado(or another reasonably priced pure finisher) I would have like Lewandowski last season (as much as I do now) but when I suggested it here last year,lots put down that he wasn't proven enough.well now he is but we can't have him.

It's always better to get a player a year early than a year too late as much as it's better to sell a player a year too early than a year too late.

Chase is another way of saying we are highly interested to sign one of them if you go by the media reports.

Sky Sports said Chelsea made an approach for Cavani. They're proving to be very trustworthy in the last few months. Reporting only actual contact and not what the rags pull out of their arses

It might have been just an inquiry which is pretty normal even for players you don't really want to buy.

It might have been just an inquiry which is pretty normal even for players you don't really want to buy.

Why would we make an approach or (as you say) an "inquiry" for Cavani if we weren't interested in his service, though? Obviously we're in for a striker. Many reliable and credible journalists (@_GoncaloLopes @dimarzio) have said that we're looking to sign a high quality, first choice striker and confirmed that we wanted Cavani but were unwillining to pay the buyout clause.

They are far more experienced strikers who have scored hundreds of goals in Top European leagues. Lukaku would do well learning from behind them.

I'm actually amazed with the people calling for Lukaku to be our main striker, he was a super sub for West brom and that's the most he can be here atm.

I just don't feel like they are MUCH better than Lukaku, They are probably better but not by far.. they wont be game changers, they're not what we're looking for IMO.

I'd rather see Lukaku develop well than get any of these. The only reason I'm calling for Lukaku to be the main striker is because Falcao Cavani Lewa Rooney or any of these wont be coming.

Why would we make an approach or (as you say) an "inquiry" for Cavani if we weren't interested in his service, though? Obviously we're in for a striker. Many reliable and credible journalists (@_GoncaloLopes @dimarzio) have said that we're looking to sign a high quality, first choice striker and confirmed that we wanted Cavani but were unwillining to pay the buyout clause.

It is very normal for clubs to inquire about players even if they don't want to sign them. Clubs inquire about players all the time. It's just a way to keep tabs on players they might be interested in in the future.

It is very normal for clubs to inquire about players even if they don't want to sign them. Clubs inquire about players all the time. It's just a way to keep tabs on players they might be interested in in the future.

Perhaps. There are many motivating factors behind why a club would inquire about a player; it could be to keep tabs on him but most likely than not it's to find out if a player is available. In Cavani's case it just seems highly unlikely that we would inquire about such an in-demand player with a 63 million buyout clause just to "keep tabs on him incase of future interest". But who knows.

At any case, given what credible sources have said, i think it's safe to assume that 1.) We were interested in Cavani and 2.) We're in pursuit of a striker.

Why would he leave? He did well in his 6 months here, he's not worse than Torres and Lukaku and he still hasn't gotten a chance in front of the new manager. And he still has 3 years on his contract. He's also our only target man while Torres and Lukaku are very similar to each other. The rumors, like all other rumors, are 99% BS.

It's not that we're trapped, it just makes no sense to buy another striker, definitely not for the 30m+ prices that are being quoted.

1. Like i said - if we want to buy another striker - we can sell Ba. If we want, its possible.

2. Why Ba? because you cant sell Torres, simple.

3. Why getting a striker? some people arent sure about the Torres-Ba-Lukaku trio, maybe the club isnt sure either, probably not it seems. Got to say your post seems really naive, like the subject "new striker for Chelsea" is new to you.

4. I dont know why it doesnt make any sense to you. Sometimes teams want to improve the quality of their squad, so yes you can sell a player who has 3 years in his contract, and get someone better. doesnt make sense to spend 30m? why not?

5. If we put Ba on the "transfer list", you know there will be interest in him. he's a good striker.

6. I dont think Ba did well in his time here, he didnt get to the level he showed in Newcastle thats for sure, and more importantly he couldnt show he's way better than Torres. Like i expected at least.

7. "The rumors, like all other rumors, are 99% BS." thats your opinion really. i cant say the rumors about West Ham and WBA are true, but i cant say they arent. most of the time you know it in the end of the saga.

1. Like i said - if we want to buy another striker - we can sell Ba. If we want, its possible.

3. Why getting a striker? some people arent sure about the Torres-Ba-Lukaku trio, maybe the club isnt sure either, probably not it seems. Got to say your post seems really naive, like the subject "new striker for Chelsea" is new to you.

4. I dont know why it doesnt make any sense to you. Sometimes teams want to improve the quality of their squad, so yes you can sell a player who has 3 years in his contract, and get someone better. doesnt make sense to spend 30m? why not?

5. If we put Ba on the "transfer list", you know there will be interest in him. he's a good striker.

6. I dont think Ba did well in his time here, he didnt get to the level he showed in Newcastle thats for sure, and more importantly he couldnt show he's way better than Torres. Like i expected at least.

7. "The rumors, like all other rumors, are 99% BS." thats your opinion really. i cant say the rumors about West Ham and WBA are true, but i cant say they arent. most of the time you know it in the end of the saga.

"Transfer List"?! :lol: I'd cut down on FIFA and FM if I were you..

It makes no sense to me to spend 30m+ because the difference between having Ba-Torres-Lukaku and for example Lewandowiski-Torres-Lukaku is not worth 30m imo because like I said the center of our attacks will always be our attacking midfielders and they will always contribute the most goals to the team.

I feel that Zlatan would be the best striker for us because of his age and connections with Mourinho.He's 31 and will probably be here for a season or two max,which will allow perfect scene for Lukaku's development.

Zlatan is a great striker and would thrive with the service from our midfield.Once the club gets rid off Torres,we'll be able to focus on buying prime strikers.Uniti then we;ll have to make do with such short term solutions.

Another alternative could be Klose,who could also be a consistent goal scorer.Experienced strikers should be considered instead of Plan C strikers like Soldado.

I feel that Zlatan would be the best striker for us because of his age and connections with Mourinho.He's 31 and will probably be here for a season or two max,which will allow perfect scene for Lukaku's development.

Zlatan is a great striker and would thrive with the service from our midfield.Once the club gets rid off Torres,we'll be able to focus on buying prime strikers.Uniti then we'll have to make do with such short term solutions.

Another alternative could be Klose,who could also be a consistent goal scorer.Experienced strikers should be considered instead of Plan C strikers like Soldado.

You can say all you want about goals coming in from midfield, and while they count A LOT during a campaign, I feel an in-form striker is the best thing that a team can rely on to win crunch fixtures.

Like others have said, our options are still open as the transfer season has just started. I wouldn't rule out Cavani or Rooney at this point, but if we didn't achieve either target I wouldn't mind going into the season with Torres, Lukaku, Andre and Ba.