Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Bet he regrets making the move. 15 minutes of football in the previous two games and sat in the stands today watching a 35 year old play his third game in just over a week.

Wouldn't be surprised if he heads out on loan at the last minute.

A 35 year old with so much experience and quality. He is young he has plenty of time.

Raging that Lampard has played more or less 270 minutes of football in the last week and a bit. Hes got to be managed carefully I thought, not overplayed in games where hes not going to be effective (United and Villa) where there's going to be a lot of pressure on our midfield. Marco needs some games, we should have played him against Hull and Villa maybe not United but certainly against Hull and Villa.

Van Ginkel wanted Ajax move

Posted by admin on August 15th, 2013

The 20 year old signed a five year deal with the English Premier League side this summer, but Ajax were the player’s first choice according to the players agent. He also stated that the Eredivisie champions were willing to offer around the €9 million that Chelsea signed the player for.

Rob Jansen told BNR, ”In terms of Dutch football and the new structure of Ajax, they went to a great deal of money. The player just wanted to join Ajax, not even to another club.”

Van Ginkel should have been strong and pushed for Ajax. He would have Champions League football and a real chance of 2014 World Cup.

We already had plenty of young midfielders to waste in the youth team. There was no reason to spend 9m for another one.

Bet he regrets making the move. 15 minutes of football in the previous two games and sat in the stands today watching a 35 year old play his third game in just over a week.

Wouldn't be surprised if he heads out on loan at the last minute.

First three games of the season - we play about 60 games in a season. He'll get his chance, that's been explained to him but the Premier League is a tough league to come to which is why Jose in bringing him along slowly and going with players who know the league.

And that 35 year old is Frank Lampard - have some fucking respect.

Raging that Lampard has played more or less 270 minutes of football in the last week and a bit.

Are you? Are you raging that we're top of the league too?

Some people need to remember this isn't a video game but a real league where people have jobs that are dependant on our success and that you can't always take a punt on the youth. They'll be managed and brought along properly, but bitching about this type of shit EIGHT DAYS into a new ear for this club is absolutely fucking cringeworthy.

Van Ginkel should have been strong and pushed for Ajax. He would have Champions League football and a real chance of 2014 World Cup.

We already had plenty of young midfielders to waste in the youth team. There was no reason to spend 9m for another one.

I am not sure about that because Overmars actually stated that MVG chose Chelsea over Ajax and as much as Ajax tried convincing him to come he rejected the move and wanted to move to Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23178229

First three games of the season - we play about 60 games in a season. He'll get his chance, that's been explained to him but the Premier League is a tough league to come to which is why Jose in bringing him along slowly and going with players who know the league.

Are you? Are you raging that we're top of the league too?

Some people need to remember this isn't a video game but a real league where people have jobs that are dependant on our success and that you can't always take a punt on the youth. They'll be managed and brought along properly, but bitching about this type of shit EIGHT DAYS into a new ear for this club is absolutely fucking cringeworthy.

Agree with you about MVG but on Friday night live he stated that he is trying to aim for a spot in the Netherlands team for World Cup. I can understand that is not started yet because is still young and learning but if he has limited action he will not get picked. He was picked for the national team because he was playing week in week out at Vitesse and impressing.

Do ignore my comments if they reduce you to a swearing mess.

I am not sure about that because Overmars actually stated that MVG chose Chelsea over Ajax and as much as Ajax tried convincing him to come he rejected the move and wanted to move to Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23178229

The player preferred Ajax but the close relationship between Chelsea and Vitesse changed things considerably.

The player preferred Ajax but the close relationship between Chelsea and Vitesse changed things considerably.

Yeh, that's what I remember as well...he preferred Ajax due to consistent first team football.

Then Vitesse seemed reluctant to sell him to Ajax...and eventually, he ended up at Chelsea.

Really hope that he doesn't miss out on the World Cup squad. Quality midfielder in the making...

Do ignore my comments if they reduce you to a swearing mess.

Not a swearing mess...but you know exactly the response you'll get from Chelsea supporters if you disrespect someone like that. If you don't that's your problem. If you're offended then I apologise.

Really hope that he doesn't miss out on the World Cup squad. Quality midfielder in the making...

If he's good enough, he'll get his chance but we played 3 games in the first week of a new season so it's hardly the time to start blooding youngsters especially away to the champions.

We're Chelsea - we're in the business of winning trophies, not making sure 20 year olds make international squads 9 months away.

I appreciate he is a very good midfielder who hopefully turns out to be a great however I would of been really surprised if he found himself playing regularly for us in the first few weeks. He was one of Vitesse's best player along with Bony last season but the level of a team like Vitesse who are in the Eridivisie compared to Chelsea is a massive step up. So with him unlike Lukaku, I reckon he needs to be slowly brought in the first team which Jose is doing.

Not a swearing mess...but you know exactly the response you'll get from Chelsea supporters if you disrespect someone like that. If you don't that's your problem. If you're offended then I apologise.

What disrespect? Point it out.

It can't be my comment about Lampard's age in relation to his game time so far. I'm baffled as to how that can be interpreted as disrespect, there has to be something else so let's hear it.

As a good agent should, although he should keep his mouth closed this early for the sake of Van Ginkel.

MVG will have some regrets if he isnt able to force himself into the side and secure a spot in Brazil next summer.

Hopefully he gets his chance. Mou playing Ramires-Lampard in 3 straight games is just ridiculous. Forget the fact they're not great together, fatigue would also be an issue. And we have fresh legs in Essien, Mikel and MVG just sitting on the bench.

over these first 3 games our middle two haven't been the best either in transitioning from defence to attack and even to go as far back as the madrid game.. the team looked quality with him and ramires as the two in the middle more fluid and that is what we are missing right now the fluidity.. Start of the season should be playing from his performances in preseason like others said especially versus Hull and Villa...

I could see the nostalgia in playing Frank but he is not cutting it in the middle I think he would be a better late game substitution with more legs and late runs into the box... For me MVG needs to play in next PL game

We can't judge thing's from the first 3 games as to whether he will get enough playing time or not, it's a long season, Azpilcueta was an unused sub for 5 times in his first 6 available games for Chelsea and turned out to be one of the most important players in our season. Oscar's appearances in August last season almost mirror's MVG's (2nd half sub on's in the first 2 games, unused sub in the 3rd).

Over the course of the season we will need all our squad.