Marco van Ginkel

Spike

What do you expect from van Ginkel ? To be more agressive, to score important goals and be the new Lampard ? You dont find such players everywhere.Give him time he is too young to think as a leader.

He was talking about Schweinsteiger! :lol:

He was talking about Schweinsteiger! :lol:

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ? :Goober:

I thought it was Marco van Ginkel thread, and when I saw "He looks like a proper number 8 all action midfielder like Lampard, Gerrard, Ballack, Marchisio and Matthaus"

I though it was about Marco, sorry @ I'll be more careful next time. :tiphat:

He's a cross between Lampard and Gerrard and Dutchman Van Ginkel is looking to make a flying start at Chelsea

Mourinho also spoke about van Ginkel in the article and judging by his comments, sounds like he's going to play him a lot this season.

I really hope he does well. It'd be nice just to finally see a fresh face in the midfield. I had my doubts with him because the jump from the Eridivisie to PL is a huge one but his perfomance against Real was pleasantly surprising. Sure one match is never indicative of how he'll perform through the course of an entire season but it def got me excited about his role in the team.

He is way too young to be leader ala Lampard, Ballack etc, but at the moment Strootman is that guy in NT.

If we didnt want De Rossi, why we never made offer for Strootman instead? Ginkel still looks very raw and too young to lead midfield. He is not solution for our midfield this season (hope Im wrong)

He is way too young to be leader ala Lampard, Ballack etc, but at the moment Strootman is that guy in NT.

If we didnt want De Rossi, why we never made offer for Strootman instead? Ginkel still looks very raw and too young to lead midfield. He is not solution for our midfield this season (hope Im wrong)

I don't think a single person is even expecting him to be a leader. As far as Strootman goes, I haven't watched him enough except in the the U21 Euros and he didn't impress me much at all.

Like I said before, many will be surprised at the maturity he shows at his age. Pleasantly surprised that Mourinho will give him a lot of chances this season but he definitely has the talent to take them.

“I want to learn from Frank Lampard. He plays in my position and has been in this team for years. He’s a legend for the club and to play with him and learn from his experience will be very good for me.”

- Marco van Ginkel

browsing through match thread and seen a few ppl who believe MVG is not ready to play in PL.. wanted to know if this a something many people feel or just a few? I thought yesterday when he came in he was very tidy in possession

I certainly think he is ready .. He looks an excellent signing and more than just a reserve