Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Looks like he could develop a really good partnership with Ramires in the pivot. In the first they seemed to really compliment each other.

I think this would only work on easy matches. In a hard game(against MU, City, CL-matches) we need Mikel's hard work. He does a dirty job in the midfield (that's why he never scores), but it's very important.

Very impressive defensively in the first real test. He tackled well, blocked passing angles brilliantly. Excellent overall performance.

Glad to see you admitting he's a good player,

I thought you were being suprisingly harsh on him before...

Thought he was reckless in his passing early on, giving it away in dangerous areas and played it safe once Inter went down to ten when perhaps... he could have been more adventurous.

:blink:

You guys thought his passing was great? Apart from a few silly passes early on I thought it was safe and nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

Not a dig but I'm hoping we bought/unearthed a Gundogan or Schweinsteiger type player rather than another Ramires.

You guys thought his passing was great? Apart from a few silly passes early on I thought it was safe and nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

Not a dig but I'm hoping we bought/unearthed a Gundogan or Schweinsteiger type player rather than another Ramires.

Personally I thought his passing was decent in the first half and good in the second. His defensive work is what was impressive yesterday.

He's nothing like Ramires IMO.

And anyways Ramires is great.

Not really, you wanted us to send him out on loan cause you thought his technique was awful, bad passing, bad vision etc. So you weren't criticizing the performances alone rather the player himself.

That was obviously an exaggeration that was meant more as a compliment to Josh rather than a dig at Marco. In all the posts where I criticized his passing I clearly stated that I was talking about those two games only.

That was obviously an exaggeration that was meant more as a compliment to Josh rather than a dig at Marco. In all the posts where I criticized his passing I clearly stated that I was talking about those two games only.

Fair enough. I just wanted to be an asshole.

Definitely,i really hope that he is playing it safe because of pre season and once the real thing starts he'll show more vision and will play more defence splitting passes.

He's nothing like Ramires IMO.

And anyways Ramires is great.

They have alot of the same qualities. Not sure what you mean.

I'm one of Rambo's biggest fans by the way. I just hope we have a different option to Ramires, a more complete midfielder in the mould of Schweini and Ballack.

Personally I thought his passing was decent in the first half and good in the second. His defensive work is what was impressive yesterday.

His passing def was sloppy in the first 5-10 minutes, gave it away 3-4 times but after that he settled and was ok for the rest of the match.

Yeah, I saw alot of people claiming his distribution was amazing or whatever so I thought I was imagining things

They have alot of the same qualities. Not sure what you mean.

I'm one of Rambo's biggest fans by the way. I just hope we have a different option to Ramires, a more complete midfielder in the mould of Schweini and Ballack.

Yeah, I saw alot of people claiming his distribution was amazing or whatever so I thought I was imagining things

I think he's less energetic than Ramires, probably has better technique aswell .

I take back what I said, he does have some qualities which are similar to Ramires' qualities, but he's quite different IMO.

When he played for Vitesse if you watch some of his highlights he played like Ballack would for us.in particular when Lampard wasn't playing.the way Ballack would drive down the field and straight through the middle imposing his will and taking over the game. I know I mentioned this before somewhere on here about how he reminds me of Ballack but as the subject has been raised again I thought I would repeat it now.

There is lots more to come from Marco and he shouldn't peak for another 6 or 7 years.gonna be fun watching him grow with us.