Marco van Ginkel

Spike

• 2 weeks later...

Hope he'll recover well from his injury :) he impressed me a lot during pre-season and made me sad to see him being unlucky with this injury but lets hope it'll only make him stronger and he'll be back on the pitch in no time :D

hopefully the injury wont effect him as much as it did Essien...

Don't think it would considering Van Ginkel's game or strengths are not the same like Essien where it mainly lies on physical abilities and stamina rather than technical qualities. And moreover, Essien became the player he is now because of the number of injuries he had subsequently with ACL. MvG should be fine as long as nothing serious happens after this with the injury. *fingers crossed* Azpi had an ACL injury too in 2010 when he was at Marseille and recovered well after that.

• 3 weeks later...

Arrival of Matic does not sound good for him

I don't think it affects him too much. Essien and Frank will probably be gone by the time he comes back from injury. Ramires, Matic, Mikel, MVG for next season sounds pretty good.

That said, I have no idea if he'll return as good as before after an injury like the one he's had.

I don't think it affects him too much. Essien and Frank will probably be gone by the time he comes back from injury. Ramires, Matic, Mikel, MVG for next season sounds pretty good.

That said, I have no idea if he'll return as good as before after an injury like the one he's had.

Romeu had same injury and seems to be doing pretty well at Valencia I think both he and MVG will be great for us next year in a rotation element

Arrival of Matic does not sound good for him

Matic and Van Ginkel are completely different kind of players who can easily play together in the pivot so I wouldn't worry too much. Lampard's on his last legs, Essien is about to leave and I strongly suspect that either Mikel or Romeu will probably move on this summer as well. If he makes a full recovery from the ACL and impresses Jose once he's back in full training, I have no doubt he will be a big part of the club's future.

Matic, Ramires, Van Ginkel and one of Mikel / Romeu would be a great selection of central midfielders in my opinion. Would offer many different combinations of players whose qualities compliment each other, for example Matic - Ramires and Mikel - MvG etc.

Romeu had same injury and seems to be doing pretty well at Valencia I think both he and MVG will be great for us next year in a rotation element

Oh right, forgot about Romeu. He's been doing so well at Valencia despite not exactly having the best of luck there. He deserves a shot next season.