Marco van Ginkel

Spike

MvG on game time at Chelsea

"That has been indicated to me. I will get minutes. From the conversations I have had, they are coming."

"In my position, in the middle, there are 4 or 5 candidates at Chelsea. There is great competition, but you expect that at a top club."

Good.

now that's how a player who is professional and aware of his age behaves in a situation like this.

I'm impressed by his maturity and patience.

If we rejected loans on him is because they have plans for him, as they should!

he needs to start vs basel. rammy is suspended and essien is not in the CL squad. has to play unless mourinho wants the infamous lampard mikel pivot which is absolute horse shit.

Ramires is not suspended. Super cup suspensions no longer carry over to other UEFA competitions.

Please jose gotta play him against basel, he'll suit his style perfectly.

speeding up our transitions with his quick pass thinking is key. Our tempo increased against everton and MVG is that sort of player. I think he should play beside mikel.

But I know lampard will start against basel since he didn't against everton.

Ramires is not suspended. Super cup suspensions no longer carry over to other UEFA competitions.

He is suspended. And picking up a red card in the Super Cup and resulting suspension DOES carry over to the club's next UEFA competition match.

Article 20

Yellow and red cards

20.01 As a rule, a player who is sent off the field of play is suspended for the next match in a UEFA club competition. The Control and Disciplinary Body is entitled to augment this punishment. For serious offences, the punishment can be extended to all UEFA competition categories.

Source: Page 19; Article 20 - http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/94/62/24/1946224_DOWNLOAD.pdf