Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Yes it's only preseason and yes it's only for fitness. But I couldn't help but wonder today, why in the hell are we sending this guy out on loan but keeping Van Ginkel who looked like he was struggling with some basic passes?!

Incredibly harsh on Van Ginkel. Did he even misplace a pass today? Not sure where when you saw him struggle with basic passes.

Yes it's only preseason and yes it's only for fitness. But I couldn't help but wonder today, why in the hell are we sending this guy out on loan but keeping Van Ginkel who looked like he was struggling with some basic passes?!

the fuck you on about? van ginkel didnt put a foot wrong with his passing.

Not sure what your issue with Van ginkel's passing is, but it's been perfectly fine these last two games. Van Ginkel is also a much more complete player. Josh has magnificent passing but it takes much more than being a great passer of the ball to make it in the premier league in Josh's position. Van Ginkel may not be as good at passing, but on everything else he's ahead of Josh imo. Same as Chalobah

Incredibly harsh on Van Ginkel. Did he even misplace a pass today? Not sure where when you saw him struggle with basic passes.

the fuck you on about? van ginkel didnt put a foot wrong with his passing.

Van Ginkel's passing has been terrible in both games. Fist he's very slow at it and often needs an extra touch or two before releasing the ball. Second, his technique is awful, meaning even when he does make the pass it is often either behind the player or difficult for him to control; meaning the receiver often has to take an extra touch which also slows down the play. Moreover, his vision is bad; he seems only to be able to make the 'obvious' pass and when a defender blocks that angle he looks unsure what to do and often goes back to defense. And finally, he seems to struggle with passes more than 15-20 meters away and often misplaces them.

Not sure what your issue with Van ginkel's passing is, but it's been perfectly fine these last two games. Van Ginkel is also a much more complete player. Josh has magnificent passing but it takes much more than being a great passer of the ball to make it in the premier league in Josh's position. Van Ginkel may not be as good at passing, but on everything else he's ahead of Josh imo. Same as Chalobah

It's still way too early and I'm not passing judgement, but I have not yet seen how Van Ginkel is good at everything else.

I'm going to move those posts because this is not his thread.

Van Ginkel's passing has been terrible in both games. Fist he's very slow at it and often needs an extra touch or two before releasing the ball. Second, his technique is awful, meaning even when he does make the pass it is often either behind the player or difficult for him to control; meaning the receiver often has to take an extra touch which also slows down the play. Moreover, his vision is bad; he seems only to be able to make the 'obvious' pass and when a defender blocks that angle he looks unsure what to do and often goes back to defense. And finally, he seems to struggle with passes more than 15-20 meters away and often misplaces them.

It's still way too early and I'm not passing judgement, but I have not yet seen how Van Ginkel is good at everything else.

"One of the bigger positives of van Ginkel's game has always been his excellent passing. As you can see in the video, the young Dutchman looks very comfortable on the ball, and his passing range is pretty fantastic. When you consider that this match was both his first Chelsea match and his first pre-season match of the season, that's especially-true. For him to appear so comfortable and competent so soon gives me great hope"

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/7/19/4538144/video-marco-van-ginkel-makes-his-chelsea-debut

go home , your drunk

"One of the bigger positives of van Ginkel's game has always been his excellent passing. As you can see in the video, the young Dutchman looks very comfortable on the ball, and his passing range is pretty fantastic. When you consider that this match was both his first Chelsea match and his first pre-season match of the season, that's especially-true. For him to appear so comfortable and competent so soon gives me great hope"

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/7/19/4538144/video-marco-van-ginkel-makes-his-chelsea-debut

go home , your drunk

I don't care who wrote that. I saw the two games and this is my opinion. I've expressed it, and I've explained why and I'm going to find a video of his performance and point out the incidents I'm talking about.

If you think otherwise then feel free to explain why. "You're drunk" is not really an intelligent counter-argument.

@Choulo19 has been trying to degrade MVG since he came here, I don't know if he feels he is a threat to mikel :ph34r:

The kid reminds me of ballack, very dominant defending and is quick in releasing the ball. That's why a lot of people don't notice him, he doesn't hold the ball slowly for 5 seconds everytime like mikel does to slow down play. He quickly passes it on to speed up the play.

You can't be serious Choulo. He was Dutch talent of the year for crying out loud.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about his passing in the past two games which has been very bad.

Well I've seen Marco play quite a few Eredivisie games and I can tell you right now you're being ridiculous if you want to judge his passing, which wasn't even very bad to begin with, on two meaningless pre season games. He's a good passer.

Well I've seen Marco play quite a few Eredivisie games and I can tell you right now you're being ridiculous if you want to judge his passing, which wasn't even very bad to begin with, on two meaningless pre season games. He's a good passer.

I didn't say he wasn't a good passer, I have no idea if he is. I just said that his passing in the two games was bad.

Careful Choulo, you're starting to sound an awful lot like one of those Mikel-bashers you so despise!

:Goober:

I would love to say something constructive, but have to say that first paragraph is just ridiculous. Either you need to rewatch both games, or you're very confused. Van Ginkel's been the midfielder who sits and has done his job perfectly fine. Nothing spectacular, but just very tidy with the odd glimpse. You said you're not passing judgement, but have already judged that his 'technique is awful' and his 'vision is bad'. I doubt you have anything against MVG, but it sure sounds like you do.....