Rooney or Cavani

Ollie

Cavani or Rooney?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer Chelsea buy?

People actually care about the price difference? Cavani is the better striker at the moment end of, stop pretending like you guys care about the clubs finances when money has been no problem for the past 10 years.

It sounds like a plastic thing to say but it's the truth.

Honestly, I don't think about that we will spent too much, I'm just thinking that Cavani doesn't worth 70M euros.

With £53M we can sign Rooney and Benteke, sell Torres and loan BA (if not sold too) and we have the most awesome team in the entire BPL.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who watches the Serie A, you should know better that Aurelio De Laurentiis is a wacki character who will do and say some silly stuff and that one shouldn't always take him too seriously. Furthermore, he is the president of a club whose biggest prize asset is attracting interests from other big clubs and it's rather obvious that he would want to cause some stir and get clubs into a bidding war etc by saying things 'Chelsea have not contacted me', 'PSG have not offered anything for Cavani' and things like that. You chose not to believe much at all in transfer rumours and what players' agent tend to say but yet seem to trust what a club president say when they all have similar objectives to achieve.

De Laurentiis is an idiot, but why would he lie? There is absolutely no sense in saying that we did not make any contact if we did because he'd want to get the price by saying that one of biggest financial powers in Europe are involved not play down the romurs

Why would cavani just except 140k because he is on it at the moment. He is finally at a point where he can be demand the highest wages and with lots of interest from us, his wage fee is more likely to be in the region of 200. Considering that's what similar calibre of players get paid.

No one knows anything definitive.

Rooney could be 20 he could be 30.

And wage demands are all guesses but i would assume he would want the maximum and it wouldn't be absurd to assume he would want more like 200 than 140.

But I think its not just the money. Rooney fits in better, and we have Lukaku to use as a power option.

Cavani is no doubt the better player. But Lukaku has the potential to be great. And instead of buying our way out of a whole, it would be nice if we had a little more faith in our youngsters.

There is no doubt that Cavani would demand more than 140. I'd think somewhere in the 170-200/wk range would be realistic.

De Laurentiis is an idiot, but why would he lie? There is absolutely no sense in saying that we did not make any contact if we did because he'd want to get the price by saying that one of biggest financial powers in Europe are involved not play down the romurs

Your skepticism on this whole transfer saga is perhaps understandable considering unreliability of the media these days BUT given this story has been reported for yonks now and by so many parts of the media, it seems somewhat foolish to doubt that we are actually pursuing Cavani. They might not be entirely true but some form of truth is there. Your counter argument is basically based on one quote from a club president, who you said is an idiot which is probably enough not to even take him seriously regardless of what he says.

People actually care about the price difference? Cavani is the better striker at the moment end of, stop pretending like you guys care about the clubs finances when money has been no problem for the past 10 years.

It sounds like a plastic thing to say but it's the truth.

Also true ... I admit humbly.

Your skepticism on this whole transfer saga is perhaps understandable considering unreliability of the media these days BUT given this story has been reported for yonks now and by so many parts of the media, it seems somewhat foolish to doubt that we are actually pursuing Cavani. They might not be entirely true but some form of truth is there. Your counter argument is basically based on one quote from a club president, who you said is an idiot which is probably enough not to even take him seriously regardless of what he says.

No there does not have to be some truth to all that is being reported because it is all speculations that is not based on anything reliable. On the other hand, the only reason you know they are true is simply because you want them to be.

No there does not have to be some truth to all that is being reported because it is all speculations that is not based on anything reliable. On the other hand, the only reason you know they are true is simply because you want them to be.

Based on that, I could easily turn around and say to you that the only reason you know or believe they aren't true is simply because you want it to be that way...

Based on that, I could easily turn around and say to you that the only reason you know or believe they aren't true is simply because you want it to be that way...

After seeing you girls here and on twitter ....

married%20with%20children.JPG

So much covert luve :-)

Why wouldn't I want someone like Cavani in our team?!

You said we won't buy Cavani (or any other ST for that matter) because we supposedly already have enough of them. Hence why I said what I said in the previous post.

You said we won't buy Cavani (or any other ST for that matter) because we supposedly already have enough of them. Hence why I said what I said in the previous post.

Yes that is what I believe would happen, not what I want. Cavani is imo, the best striker in the world atm, why wouldn't I want him here?! I want Santa to be real, but I won't keep my hopes up for a fat guy to break into my house on Christamas eve just to put gifts under the tree!

We don't even know the outcome of Rooney's meeting with Moyes yet, or that he would even cost £25M. We don't know the exact figures now and it's unlikely we ever will, that's for the club to sort out.

If the board can justify the cost of Cavani over the course of his contract and still comply with FFP, with enough room to manoeuvre in case we need to make another signing without selling a key player, then I don't see any problem.

Although I'd say we need to offload either Torres or Ba before we attempt to sign anyone else in that position, especially with Lukaku coming back.