Rooney or Cavani

Ollie

Cavani or Rooney?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer Chelsea buy?

I don't want to mention Cavani in the Rooney topic and i don't want to mention Rooney in the Cavani topic so in a debate of who you'd rather us get, i'd like to see who you'd rather us go in for taking account of price, value for money, best for our style etc.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind either, but Rooney's price just edges it for me. £25m is a very decent price for a man who can score 30+ goals when fit and motivated. He will also allow more playing time for Lukaku as he's very flexible. That edges it for me as well.

Just to add that I do rate Cavani higher than Rooney, but Cavani isn't £20m better.

Cavani right now is better than Rooney.

Is Cavani better than motivated Rooney in top form too? I doubt it.

Also, Rooney's reported price is a bargain for a world-class striker. As mentioned before, Rooney won't stop Lukaku's progress. He's also English.

I also don't know whether Cavani actually wants to play for us with all this Madrid talk.

Conclusion: Rooney.

Conclusion: irrelevant thread. The Shrek won´t be sold to Chelsea & Cavani is going to PSG.

Play Lukaku, BA, Torres, Schurrle.

Irrelevant thread? I'm only asking what people think, i'm sure that's not hurting anyone and if we end up with one, it certainly won't be irrelevant. We are linked with both so it's not just some made up dream scenario like saying shall we buy Messi or Ronaldo. If you look at the transfer section here, how many of these names have actually come? 5%? Probably less.

It's a very simple thread really. Answer the question or don't bother posting because what you posted there isn't really going to achieve much.

I would personally go for Rooney anyway. Although i tend to agree with Alex and you... the fact is we are linked with a big named striker and these 2 are very much in that category.

Oh and 2 more points....

1) Schurrle is a LW and considers himself as a LW

2) We won't win the League with Lukaku, Torres and Ba. In my opinion anyway.

Cavani is the better striker... No doubt. But not 28 mil better, and Rooney would fit into our system better with his versatility, whilst not getting in the way of lukaku...

Rooney and Lukaku, would be two completely different attacking options.

Irrelevant thread? I'm only asking what people think, i'm sure that's not hurting anyone and if we end up with one, it certainly won't be irrelevant. We are linked with both so it's not just some made up dream scenario like saying shall we buy Messi or Ronaldo. If you look at the transfer section here, how many of these names have actually come? 5%? Probably less.

It's a very simple thread really. Answer the question or don't bother posting because what you posted there isn't really going to achieve much.

I would personally go for Rooney anyway. Although i tend to agree with Alex and you... the fact is we are linked with a big named striker and these 2 are very much in that category.

Oh and 2 more points....

1) Schurrle is a LW and considers himself as a LW

2) We won't win the League with Lukaku, Torres and Ba. In my opinion anyway.

To me, it´s irrelevant, as I already posted the reason.

Schurrle can play up front too, but that´s not the point here.

Who´s to say Chelsea will win PL with the Shrek ?

Man Utd have won a few PL's with Shrek. Nobody is guaranteed to win the league anyway whoever they have and i also never mentioned that Rooney or Cavani would win us the league. We're looking for a striker and these 2 are who we are rumoured to be looking at. Can Rooney or Cavani win us the league? If course they can, no doubt.

Honestly as long as we can fix our central midfield with someone like De Rossi, I couldn't care less whether we got Rooney or Cavani. Rooney's English and commands a lower transfer fee, and Cavani is currently the best striker out there who has it all. I certainly don't think anyone will complain about either transfer, unless they start fearing for the youth players.

Cavani is in-form + at the prime of his life while Rooney is past it. Cavani is too expensive and Rooney is going to be like Torres. Screw them both let's get Jovetic or Damiao. Damiao is a gem i hope we will get him. If we get him not only am i certain that he will perform but he will be a starter for Brazil because they have almost no other options.