John Ruddy

James

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10m to sit on the bench is a bit expensive. why cant we look for overseas options?

We are looking for HOME GROWN players ;)

That's the reason behind the transfer apparently - it satisfies two criteria:

1) Home Grown

2) Decent Backup

Although I agree Shay Given surely qualifies as Home Grown - even though he's pretty shit nowadays, not as bad as Hilario tho! :)

Where's Lenny Pidgely! Bring Back LENNY :)

I cant forget what happened with drogba that time, i cant imagine him wearing this shirt...

why? Both he and Drogba were entitled to go for that ball, it is just one of those unfortunate things that happens in football. It wasn't deliberate like Stephen Cunt

If we're so keen on signing home-grown players, I'd rather re-sign Ross Turnbull than spend £10 million - which is £3 million more than we spent on Cech - on this player. Makes absolutely no sense!

what about mark schwarzer... we wont need to spend 10mil on him...

Shay Given is available, supposedly, and Mark Schwarzer is available on a free transfer and we're talking about signing John fucking Ruddy for £10 million.

Wrong. Schwarzer won't sign because he wants to go to next year's World Cup, his last World Cup in fact. He's already 40 and has competition within the Aussie squad so unless he's crazy he's not coming here.

why? Both he and Drogba were entitled to go for that ball, it is just one of those unfortunate things that happens in football. It wasn't deliberate like Stephen Cunt

its the only moment i realized that there is someone named john ruddy, im not watching every match in league, and so i dont remember any bright moments he got, so now everyone lets say "solid" have 10M value? i know we are known for "ruining" the market but this seems pretty unlogical to me

I would frankly rather go with schwarzer, ideal age, can come here on a decent wage too (since i read up about you might want to save up money for life after playing football, not to mean of course he won't find another job but you know what i mean) capable back up, and by the time he retires (1 or 2 years?) Courtois should hopefully be fresh for the picking for him and cech to go at number 1 spot.

10m on ruddy is not the best option, by far not when you look at the other options, plus as mentioned here it would highly hinder his chances of being in the england set up if he was just always in cechs shadow, where as i think for someone like scwarzer who's pretty much spent a long time in top flight it'd not be so bad if he just settled down as a 2nd goalkeeper.

(shittypostisshit:'D)

My idea of the back up keeper is a player who should be used as little as possible: when the first choice GK is injured or against lower league sides in the cup ties. In that aspect £10 mln for someone, who would play in less than 10 games unless some emergency is on the way, makes no sense. If the club has some doubts over Cech's fitness they should've kept Courtois as even a keeper rotation would be better than overspending for a benchwarmer.

what about mark schwarzer... we wont need to spend 10mil on him...

My thinking exactly, a goalkeeper who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench earning 20-30k a week to see his career out. Him or even Sorensen, who I believe is on a freebie (I might be wrong), or Shay Given we could get for cheaper.

umm why is everyone crying about us spending 10M on ruddy? lol last i checked we bid 5M not 10M

simple fact when you bid 5M for a 10M rated goalie just shows we're trying to get the best possible backup for 5M at the biggest possible discount and not us trying to get ruddy no matter what the cost lol

Really don't see us paying £10m for this guy. The offer may be raised to £6m or so + add ons but no more. As Alex said, we'd be better off keeping Turnbull on the books for an extra year, or selecting one of the couple of freebies about, than shelling out big money on Ruddy.

Majority of the players back for pre season training a week Monday, so would have thought JM would want a deal for an extra goalkeeper wrapped up pretty sharpish.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You