André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Attacking midfielders with goal scoring instincts are not easy to find though

Yeah but the point still stands.. :carlo:

It wasn't about getting in the position, but how he got there. Watch the goal again from the angle above and see his run to fool both Nastasic and Demichelis. Excuse me for being over-excited, but I haven't seen a striker of ours make a run like that in ages!

Saw the goal again a couple of times and I'm not sure if Schurrle really fooled Nastasic and Demichelis like you mentioned there. Yes, while Schurrle did come towards the ball when Torres was out wide on the right and then moving back off, both the defenders looked like they were just ball watching the whole time and didn't even realize Schurrle was there.

Yeah but the point still stands.. :carlo:

Okay i thought you were underestimating his ability to get into dangerous positions, even hazard rarely does that. Few players have that, thats why lampard scored so many goals its an underated ability. In fact every team in the premier league dont have more than 2 midfielders with this ability.

Okay i thought you were underestimating his ability to get into dangerous positions, even hazard rarely does that. Few players have that, thats why lampard scored so many goals its an underated ability. In fact every team in the premier league dont have more than 2 midfielders with this ability.

No no no. Not in any way downplaying Schurrle's ability to get into goalscoring positions. His off the ball movement is good but having watched the replays, I don't even think Demichelis and Nastasic knew where Schurrle was. Both were just ball watching. Didn't fool them, just good movement shown by Schurrle. Praise yes but not so OTT like Choulo alluded to. And don't forget that Schurrle has played as a ST before.

Supposed you can consider the likes of Schurrle, Mata, Lampard etc being 'direct' minded players in the sense that they can get on the ball and work with it as well as creating chances for others but also get into goalscoring positions. Hazard is more of a player that likes to get on the ball, create for others and score directly with the ball on his feet.

Saw the goal again a couple of times and I'm not sure if Schurrle really fooled Nastasic and Demichelis like you mentioned there. Yes, while Schurrle did come towards the ball when Torres was out wide on the right and then moving back off, both the defenders looked like they were just ball watching the whole time and didn't even realize Schurrle was there.

WHY can't you let me have this?! :cry:

This is why we didn't work out, Jay...

Really starting to like this kid, get the impression that he fucking cares about the club, saying that, Everyone does under Jose. The players seem they'd rather die then let him down.

Also, Andre reminds me a tiny bit like Gudjohnsen, and I fucking loved Gudjohnsen.

It was a day for Andre yesterday ,he would have contributed much more in those conditions than Oscar or Mata and given us some runnung power ,English football is not played on a beach in the sun ,yesterday was all about runners and tacklers not tippy tappy 8st weaklings .

Our balance was all wrong and it was not the day for MaZaCar ,it was a day Essien,Lampard,Terry,Drogba,Carvalho would have gobbled up and spat out . Too many 9st weeds out there yesterday and no beech ball for them to play with and that is what cost us. I doubt Jose will make that mistake again over Christmas .

Should not be dropped for Saturday, he offers a lot and much more. If he finds space his first thought is to drive at people, I love that, you cannot mark pace and he has it.

I like him he gives us a balance and he is a threat ,for away games especially I think we need him and his work ethic. He was perect for the Newcastle game to do all the donkey work and then bring a Mata/Oscar or Hazard on for twenty minutes at 0-0 to win the game.

Actually thought he was a little off last night, but like Oscar he still maintains defensive solidity when firing on all cylinders.

Also has a decent free-kick on him, which is less noticeable when he's probably fourth in line for a dig (Luiz, Lamps, Mata...Hazard?).