André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Wasn't talking about this season but in general. I don't deny Schurrle has his flaws/faults but the main issue with him right now is his confidence/form. At his best, would still take him ahead of Moses and Marin. Not to mention, he has more European experience than those two. Also, not opposing the sale of Schurrle but selling him in this transfer window without getting any adequate replacement is plain suicidal. Doubt we can get Reus in January. Lavezzi won't improve us. As for Cuadrado, have we even been linked with him?

"AT HIS BEST" is operational here. no one is denying his "potential" but its been 1 and a half years. he should not be struggling this way. if anything, he should be helping us winning games rather than getting subbed off at HT.

we were not linked with salah/willian. infact both of them were almost "done deals" to pool and spurs respectively. if we want a replacement, i have no doubt we will get him.

We got rid of Mata last January and look what he brought to the club!!! , My thoughts we needed 6 world class Am to improve on last season and have a chance of winning either/all lol Prem-Champ-Fa-CC1 , 6 World class Cm also, with the form or not of Schurrle/Salah and the lack of 1 other WC Cm(WC CB wouldnt have gone down a miss also!)i fear bad luck/fatigue/amount of games will be our downfall(I'm hoping i'm wrong by the way!) But i feel if we our to take our team to the next level Schurrle/Salah need to close the gap to the benchmark of Hazard.

Wait. Are you actually saying that Lavezzi would be an improvement to us in this team?

I'm saying no one except hazard can dribble past people in tight spaces, in fact even when there's space only hazard can take the ball past more than one person. Every team should have at least 3 if they want to open up defences easier. I don't want to start to name the number of dribblers Realmadrid, Barcelona and bayern have.

I think we need players who can score.. and by "can score" I mean they actually score quite often, not only theoretically capable of it.

I know thats the priority above the dribbling I mentioned but I've looked and I don't see any realistic goalscoring winger in this window except for reus and lacazette of marselle. We should have gotten griezmann but that ship has sailed.

So maybe we can get someone who can create more chances for our right wing by dribbling like hazard and creating space for others. Which is lavezzi and cuadrado.

Not saying it will happen, just that it could. My point was that you can't base a decision on hypotherticals like that.

I know. My point was, at least Schurrle has shown what he can do since he joined. So, he can be a useful option if he regains his form. We have seen what Salah can do but that was mostly in the Swiss league.

selling schurrle and getting someone better, strengthens the squad. having schurrle as an option is pretty much useless right now

Not objecting that but who can we realistically get in January? Plenty of names being thrown around but not easy to buy in this transfer window unless we put in a big offer.

"AT HIS BEST" is operational here. no one is denying his "potential" but its been 1 and a half years. he should not be struggling this way. if anything, he should be helping us winning games rather than getting subbed off at HT.

Schurrle's flaws aside, when you are only given the time to play one game here, one there and not being able to get any game time going, you are bound to struggle for form.

One of the major reasons we have been doing so well this season is because we have a fixed starting XI. We were definitely going to get problems when the squad players come in and perform poorly as they couldn't get any rhythm going.

we were not linked with salah/willian. infact both of them were almost "done deals" to pool and spurs respectively. if we want a replacement, i have no doubt we will get him.

Weren't we linked with Willian but we just didn't pursue him strongly at that time?

If only getting a replacement was that easy..

One of the major reasons we have been doing so well this season is because we have a fixed starting XI. We were definitely going to get problems when the squad players come in and perform poorly as they couldn't get any rhythm going.

Weren't we linked with Willian but we just didn't pursue him strongly at that time?

If only getting a replacement was that easy..

thats the definition of a squad player. schurrle is not going to get any major gametime any time soon. his next start might be the fa cup game but definitely not tomorrow or swans or city or even the pool semis. so we just keep him around cos he has potential and may come good at some point of time?

"when you are only given the time to play one game here, one there and not being able to get any game time going, you are bound to struggle for form."

you think this situation is going to change for him anytime soon? i dont. the problem is still there. despite having "numbers", we dont really have any "depth"

we are not replacing hazard/matic here. we are replacing schurrle who has played a total of 920 minutes scoring 4 goals and giving 0 assits. whats more, we would have a 30mil budget along with anything we want to add to it. we'll be just fine.

thats the definition of a squad player. schurrle is not going to get any major gametime any time soon. his next start might be the fa cup game but definitely not tomorrow or swans or city or even the pool semis. so we just keep him around cos he has potential and may come good at some point of time?

"when you are only given the time to play one game here, one there and not being able to get any game time going, you are bound to struggle for form."

you think this situation is going to change for him anytime soon? i dont. the problem is still there. despite having "numbers", we dont really have any "depth"

we are not replacing hazard/matic here. we are replacing schurrle who has played a total of 920 minutes scoring 4 goals and giving 0 assits. whats more, we would have a 30mil budget along with anything we want to add to it. we'll be just fine.

Exactly - he's not set the world alight as Choulo mentioned and he just looks lost. It's better for him and us if we call it a day - like with KdB.

I would actually look to the youth, they couldn't do a worse job than Shirley :)

It is a shame for Shirley - but I'm sure he'll rediscover his form somewhere else and be a decent player

Even a squad player does get game time to get their rhythm, form and confidence. The downside of us having a really settled starting XI is that situation isn't happening. You can't expect players to come in and perform like turning on/off a tap water, especially when these players are hardly at their peak (the situation at City is probably an ideal comparison perhaps). Moreover, looking at the number of minutes Schurrle (or anyone else for that matter) has had is misleading. Only a few of them were starts while others have been in the final parts of matches.

we can recall moses/marin back and believe me, we wont feel that schurrl's gone. he has done NOTHING this season.

The season still has got a long way to go. Yes, Schurrle has been poor but people are like Jekyll and Hyde on here. They are all up on Schurrle's arse when he was scoring for the club and NT and now that he has got off to a slow start since being back people want to write him off. In the long run, Schurrle might just be an added bonus for us and I reckon we will appreciate having him in the squad. Please don't compare Marin and Moses to Schurrle. Schurrle is much better than both but is just low on confidence right now and is not playing well. Nasri had a similar situation with City but with time improved and played well. No reason why Schurrle cannot do the same.

If people really think we can just sell Schurrle and think Salah can easily fill in, then they don't have a clue. Just because he has done 'nothing' this season which is not true anyway, there is no reason to think he cannot gain form later on in the season.

The season still has got a long way to go. Yes, Schurrle has been poor but people are like Jekyll and Hyde on here. They are all up on Schurrle's arse when he was scoring for the club and NT and now that he has got off to a slow start since being back people want to write him off. In the long run, Schurrle might just be an added bonus for us and I reckon we will appreciate having him in the squad. Please don't compare Marin and Moses to Schurrle. Schurrle is much better than both but is just low on confidence right now and is not playing well. Nasri had a similar situation with City but with time improved and played well. No reason why Schurrle cannot do the same.

If people really think we can just sell Schurrle and think Salah can easily fill in, then they don't have a clue. Just because he has done 'nothing' this season which is not true anyway, there is no reason to think he cannot gain form later on in the season.

It's debatable that he is much better than Moses. Moses when given time is a serviceable squad player, and that is all Schürrle is looking to be too.

It's debatable that he is much better than Moses. Moses when given time is a serviceable squad player, and that is all Schürrle is looking to be too.

So Moses should be given time to find his form and André shouldn't? Double standards or what? Andre had health issues that both him and Mourinho said were severe. Shouldn't he be given time too?

Then again maybe I'm biased because I don't think Moses is Chelsea's standard at all.

i would rather have schurrle than lavezzi...cuadrado is a good option for right wing..we should opt for cuadrado if we dont get to sign reus...above all reus should be first priority for right wing

Cuadrado might be best if we want to use him for the CL, as he's with Fiore.

So if the reports are true, a big if since that's big money for Schurrle then Cuadrado would be best option at these moments.

If we got 30M then yes, otherwise I agree with @Jason. Marin or Moses? They will be worse with the minutes Schürrle is getting, no player is going to build up any kind of form with such inconsistency.

Not at all, not for Moses anyway. I feel Victor would've had a bigger impact with the minutes Schurrle's got this season. Schurrle has played quite a bit of football this season, quite similar to the amount that Victor did for us in his first season where he was a reliable squad player, let's not forget.

Andre is way too inconsistent.