André Schürrle

BlueLion.

It funny how quick opinions change on here, during the WC and pre season he was the man of the moment, now because he had a few bad games he's gone back to not being good enough...

Opinions on him are like his form......it varies.

At least he's getting involved and works hard, IMO he's been really good but it's just the finishing that hasn't been up to his usual standards in the last couple of games. Only a matter of time when he starts finding the net more often again and then he'll be really influential.

At least he's getting involved and works hard, IMO he's been really good but it's just the finishing that hasn't been up to his usual standards in the last couple of games. Only a matter of time when he starts finding the net more often again and then he'll be really influential.

It's not just his finishing, it's his decision making too.

The thing about Schurrle is that even when his form is bad as has been the case in the past few matches, he still puts in the work-rate. His pressing and defending and his runs off the ball are guaranteed. And in certain games you desperately need those.

When Schürrle plays, there will be chances for us, that's for sure. He definitely creates more than Oscar or Willian, but his finishing is not up to it yet. The way he squandered those in the last few games was Torres style. But IMO that is not too grave a problem so far. I am sure he will recover, the team will work on its decision making in front of goal and recover and in the next few weeks the goals will come. As for Schürrle he is not yet up there. He will not be a regular starter soon, but that is not problem either. He is still only 23 and with his attitude he will gradually mature into a world class one that's for sure. He might very well be the best german winger since Bernd Schneider.

In Germany we always had a problem with wingers. That is because in our talent development we focus on technical attributes and neglect physical ones. WE got a lot of fast guys here in Germany, but they don't teach you how to run the lines and get a good cross. All this boring tiki take BS is the way to go. You develop some skill they make you a no.10 or a second striker when you are less talented they say like "all you can do is run" and make you a fullback. Fullbacks as well as wingers are not really appreciated in Germany. Luckily our midfielders have somehow compensated that failure.

That is why Schürrle has my respect for making it in Germany as a winger.

The thing about Schurrle is that even when his form is bad as has been the case in the past few matches, he still puts in the work-rate. His pressing and defending and his runs off the ball are guaranteed. And in certain games you desperately need those.

Yes I agree, it's just so disappointing to see him make so many wrong choices in a game, it's not like him.

I bet if he scores against Arsenal, he'll be the hero again.

Yes, he made mistakes at times, was wasteful and selfish, but he scored two important goals for us too, which is more goals than any of our other AMs scored in the league.

Everybody already forgot his amazing run to score the goal against City, even though that was only 10 days ago...

Everybody already forgot his amazing run to score the goal against City, even though that was only 10 days ago...

And immediately afterwards he was responsible for the City goal ((Ivanovic too). Besides, the goal was created against 10 men... People are saying that he creates much more than Oscar and Willian, this is just is not true (in last season stats it was 1.Hazard 2.Willian 3. Oscar in chances created), the thing is he finds himself more often than not in the positions to finish those chances other players create (his biggest talent). I dunno now if he's really necessary for the system we play, now that we have a striker that is also making those runs. Alot of the times now they just run in each others way. The same was true against Sporting where André intercepted a ball that was pointed towards a player in a better position (Hazard to Oscar i think it was).

And immediately afterwards he was responsible for the City goal ((Ivanovic too). Besides, the goal was created against 10 men... People are saying that he creates much more than Oscar and Willian, this is just is not true (in last season stats it was 1.Hazard 2.Willian 3. Oscar in chances created), the thing is he finds himself more often than not in the positions to finish those chances other players create (his biggest talent). I dunno now if he's really necessary for the system we play, now that we have a striker that is also making those runs. Alot of the times now they just run in each others way. The same was true against Sporting where André intercepted a ball that was pointed towards a player in a better position (Hazard to Oscar i think it was).

never said anything related to any of this. Just that people forgot the last two goals he's scored... which is true. His fault at City's goal has nothing to do with the goal he's scored. We aren't discussing his work-rate and ability to defend. We're discussing how people have short memory. He was awful last season, then a hero after the WC, then a hero starting the season, then now he's absolutely useless, a squad player that should be behind Willian in the pecking order. That's fickle.

While I can't disagree with Mourinho's point about Schurrle's inconsistency in his presser earlier, why has he like suddenly criticised him in the media?! :rant:

I don't get it either. Mourinho criticized Hazard, Oscar, Ramires, Etoo, Schurrle and probably others I can't remember to the media this year... That's something he normally didn't do and I don't know why he's been doing it lately. I don't like it.

It funny how quick opinions change on here, during the WC and pre season he was the man of the moment, now because he had a few bad games he's gone back to not being good enough...

What do you expect to shape decisions on a player? current form or the World Cup performances? He's been poor, Chelsea isn't the type of club where poor performances are tolerated. We have loads of options on the squad, the competition is fierce... Schurrle has to do better, its that simple.

Ultimately Schurrle is what he is, expectations off him after the world cup were way way to high.

We have our world class untouchable at AM in Hazard, the rest are good players who offer different things to the table, which means they will be rotated depending on the opposition and which suits the game plan.

We have real good variety behind the forward, there's not one tactic which doesn't suit atleast one of them (not including Hazard, if he's fit he plays it's that simple).

Hate to say this, but to me he has shown examples of Kalou.

He has finishing that CAN guarantee goals, but seems 'TOO' determined to go for them. If played correctly could be a good second option, but atm no ware near first choice.