André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Liked the intent, hated the execution. He even wiped Remy out of the pitch with that approach. I mean, at least practice your long shots to perfection Andre if you're going to have a shot festival.

If it weren't for the goalkeeper and some last ditched blocks, he would have scored a few and people wouldn't even be complaining.

If it weren't for the goalkeeper and some last ditched blocks, he would have scored a few and people wouldn't even be complaining.

True, but most of the shots were either badly executed like he did it randomly like a machine or it wasn't even the right decision.

You simply can't play praying that the goalkeeper is mediocre because last season i remember clearly some brilliant goalkeeping performances that kept us from winning points with us having 70 shots on target but this is not the right kind of excuse to use apparently as we all clearly see now.

True, but most of the shots were either badly executed like he did it randomly like a machine or it wasn't even the right decision.

It was only a few, not most.

You simply can't play praying that the goalkeeper is mediocre because last season i remember clearly some brilliant goalkeeping performances that kept us from winning points with us having 70 shots on target but this is not the right kind of excuse to use apparently as we all clearly see now.

Yes but who on earth thought the goalkeeper would suddenly turn into a superhuman and start saving shots after shots (not just talking about those from Schurrle)? Moreover, it's not like the shots were comfortable in any way for the goalkeeper to save, instead we actually worked and forced him to make some really good ones.

That's not true. The vast majority of the shots were way off target. The only two I remember that were on target was the FK and the shot that the keeper almost spilled into his own net. Not nearly good enough from about 15 shots.

It was only a few, not most.

Yes but who on earth thought the goalkeeper would suddenly turn into a superhuman and start saving shots after shots (not just talking about those from Schurrle)? Moreover, it's not like the shots were comfortable in any way for the goalkeeper to save, instead we actually worked and forced him to make some really good ones.

The point i want to make is that it doesn't help the team to have selfish players obviously. Forget the goalkeeper, let's say he is Neuer. Individual efforts, unless you're Messi or Hazard kind of player who can dribble yourself to the goal, are mostly long shots. And if it's not going to be perfect then why waste the chance? Why work the goalkeeper from outside the box when there are options to link up and have a clear cut chance from 4 yards? Andre just ignored the others blatantly, it's plain and simple to my eyes. Even if he scored that one shot that hit the post this was still going to be an issue.

He's right footed, and has been playing mainly on the right wing for two years now. I like him on the right wing where he does not take 10 shots from 30 yards out every match...

If hes right footed, he would play left winger......

For Germany, he played on the left wing and that was his best position, the game where he scored the hattrick, he played left wing.

Willian and Schurrle play right side because hazard is on the left side.

If hes right footed, he would play left winger......

For Germany, he played on the left wing and that was his best position, the game where he scored the hattrick, he played left wing.

Willian and Schurrle play right side because hazard is on the left side.

Well, I disagree. I think for us that his best position is on the right side. If you play with only inverted wingers then you become too narrow and easy to defend against. It's just a trend, like number 10s and could end soon.

You guys must not watch Cristiano play, because what Schurrle did midweek is exactly how a Madrid game is minus the aerial threat and the diving.

Exactly why I wouldn't want Ronaldo in our team.

That's not true. The vast majority of the shots were way off target. The only two I remember that were on target was the FK and the shot that the keeper almost spilled into his own net. Not nearly good enough from about 15 shots.

That's not what I have in mind from what I remember. But I'll hold my hands up if you can provide a detailed stats of his shooting against Bolton; on/off target, saves and blocks made against him.

He's right footed, and has been playing mainly on the right wing for two years now. I like him on the right wing where he does not take 10 shots from 30 yards out every match...

True but think we all know that's not exactly his position, no? It may have been annoying for some to see take 10+ shots versus Bolton without scoring but it's only one game. People are reacting as if he has been doing this in every game or alternate matches.