André Schürrle

BlueLion.

One thing I gotta say, thanks to his hat-trick and subsequent goal celebrations, there is finally some decent pictures of Schurrle that I can use as an avatar! :lol:

Finding it a bit strange that 5 people have liked that post. :carlo:

Surprised that nobody's yet to have said anything in this thread after the game. I thought he pressed well and did his defensive duties, but was poor on the ball giving it away too easily. I fear that offensively he is really only good at 1v1s and doesn't offer much otherwise. Very similar to a certain Brazilian midfielder of ours!

A player for special missions, not a starter, technically he isn't good enough for a Am in Chelsea imo.

Willian is very different, because even if he isn't contribute in attack, he still offers great passing, link up play, and he'food on the ball.

Schurrle is a lot like Willian. Outstanding defensively, but in an attacking sense he can one game be absolutely magnificent, and the next offer next to nothing. A very frustrating thing to see, but he is a young and in his first season in English football. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt before we write him off.

To be fair his first intention pass for Etoo led to Hazard dribbling Lloris and almost scoring. Eden should have, but he was not in a good day... He lacked creativity and confidence in his ability, so he was too slow. Having the most creative midfielder and best passer in low form is very bad news for the Schurrle type player whose best weapon is off the ball runs. And when Hazard started to play faster and simpler, with beautiful passes behind the defense, Schurrle had already been subbed.

Also he made a great run in first half, but Etoo chose to ignore him and went for himself and failed. He was probably thinking about how much he wanted to do hislittle celebration, may have cost an opening goal for Andre.

I think he did very well in the 2nd half until being subbed off. also pressured verthonghen for that slip. in the 1st half our whole team wasnt good, hazard also and our midfield was lacking control so its obviousluy hard for a winger to get in to the game. He will be very important in the next weeks