André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Still think he is done here as a player bar a miracle and surge in form. Kind of see it in his expression, he knows it to be the case too and probably fighting a losing battle.

if he does his job this season by a couple of important goals /assists. I would be happy

At first I thought he 'stole' Oscar's goal. But all he was really doing is trying to get to the front post for the potential tap in, he didn't have a look at Oscar (it appears.)

I'm sure Oscar is furious because he was prevented his first hat-trick ever.

Still think he is done here as a player bar a miracle and surge in form. Kind of see it in his expression, he knows it to be the case too and probably fighting a losing battle.

To be honest when he was signed I was expecting him to be the player he is right now: someone who would play in the final 20 minutes of some matches, would start cup games, would play league games in order to rest other guys or would get more playing time when someone was injured.

But it seems he believes he can play more games. I remember one game last season (final result was 2-2, he scored both), right after he scored the first one he celebrated pointing his fingers to the pitch, like saying (this is my place, I must be on the pitch).

I also believe he trusted in the WC hype. His performance in the tournament was way overhyped, specially by our fans, just remember that in the beginning of the season everybody were saying he was going to be a starting XI beyond doubt. I'm not sure why he would leave. He is playing in one of the best teams in the world, he gets some playing time, and still can score some goals. Not to mention he can get a more important role when someone is not available, like in the 2nd leg against PSG in UCL last season.

But I get the feeling he believes he is too goo to sit on the bench for most part of the season.

To be honest when he was signed I was expecting him to be the player he is right now: someone who would play in the final 20 minutes of some matches, would start cup games, would play league games in order to rest other guys or would get more playing time when someone was injured.

But it seems he believes he can play more games. I remember one game last season (final result was 2-2, he scored both), right after he scored the first one he celebrated pointing his fingers to the pitch, like saying (this is my place, I must be on the pitch).

I also believe he trusted in the WC hype. His performance in the tournament was way overhyped, specially by our fans, just remember that in the beginning of the season everybody were saying he was going to be a starting XI beyond doubt. I'm not sure why he would leave. He is playing in one of the best teams in the world, he gets some playing time, and still can score some goals. Not to mention he can get a more important role when someone is not available, like in the 2nd leg against PSG in UCL last season.

But I get the feeling he believes he is too goo to sit on the bench for most part of the season.

Naaa I am not saying he will demand to go, just think a team like Wolfburg will come in and bid 25m for him and we will sell, he will also happily go in that case. Clearly he is a good player to have, maybe even too good to be a sub but next summers imo there are too many better wingers available for reasonable fees(Reus, Cuadrado...etc) that Jose and the club might seek to move him on.

I'm sure Oscar is furious because he was prevented his first hat-trick ever.

Yeah I understand that, but I don't think Shurrle was confident of leaving it. We've seen many times players miss when a ball like that is sent across goal

Yeah I understand that, but I don't think Shurrle was confident of leaving it. We've seen many times players miss when a ball like that is sent across goal

I swear I tried to take your comment on Oscar's thread seriously - when you said he could have missed the goal.

No, that's a lie, I didn't try because there's no way to make sense of it. Even if he wanted he wouldn't have missed that goal.

I think Schurrle needed the goal and I think you people are paranoid about players not liking him.

We have a great dressing room environment... José insists on giving him many chances to recover his confidence. I think he has the manager and the group's support - I don't see us having even the slightest dressing room problem. Oscar was disappointed, but he had two other chances to have his hat trick. And to be honest that shot that he took in the second half that grazed the post deserved to be a goal.

I swear I tried to take your comment on Oscar's thread seriously - when you said he could have missed the goal.

No, that's a lie, I didn't try because there's no way to make sense of it. Even if he wanted he wouldn't have missed that goal.

I think Schurrle needed the goal and I think you people are paranoid about players not liking him.

We have a great dressing room environment... José insists on giving him many chances to recover his confidence. I think he has the manager and the group's support - I don't see us having even the slightest dressing room problem. Oscar was disappointed, but he had two other chances to have his hat trick. And to be honest that shot that he took in the second half that grazed the post deserved to be a goal.

Lmao you read way too far into that than you should have.

I was simply saying that Schurrle's run was instinctively to the near post. Regardless of who or what was behind him, he had to score. Not for him, for the team. Leaving that wasn't an option because the assumption of 'the guy behind me will score' is seldom one that enters a footballers brain.

af039c91c365.jpgbb5851550807.jpge8063c14ecd7.jpg

I still maintain that Schurrle is and always will be an impact player from the bench. That's how Loew used him in the World Cup and he was an absolute boss when coming on. He's essentially a better version of Kalou, and there is nothing wrong with that. You cannot expect 20 goals a season and an obscene work rate from all of our players.

I still maintain that Schurrle is and always will be an impact player from the bench. That's how Loew used him in the World Cup and he was an absolute boss when coming on. He's essentially a better version of Kalou, and there is nothing wrong with that. You cannot expect 20 goals a season and an obscene work rate from all of our players.

Yep, and whilst I may be in the minority when I say this, I still believe Andre has a role to play at Chelsea for many years to come as that impact player you speak of. Let's not forget the man only turned 24 a couple of months ago. I'm keeping the faith.

Some of you lots here would seriously be great additions to the tabloid papers in England. Over-analyzing the little incidents in a game and trying to create stories/drama when there's none.

Andre does not get picked because of his defensive work and hence why Willian is a starter even though Andre offers what we all want from the Brazilian-GOALS! :lol:

Is there a machine that can allow us to merge them together?

Some of you lots here would seriously be great additions to the tabloid papers in England. Over-analyzing the little incidents in a game and trying to create stories/drama when there's none.

Is there a machine that can allow us to merge them together?

yes,a German made one. I believe its called Reus :P

For those who claimed only Luis celebrated with Schurrle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QtyG71b9rQ

From 4:06 onwards.

I get it you're a Schurrle fanboy, fair enough. God forbid I dare say anything against him you'll make sure to put me down as quickly as possible, if that makes you feel better go for it.

Didn't see Oscar running to congratulate your boy, though....

I get it you're a Schurrle fanboy, fair enough. God forbid I dare say anything against him you'll make sure to put me down as quickly as possible, if that makes you feel better go for it.

Didn't see Oscar running to congratulate your boy, though....

That's my title I'm the biggest Schurrle fangirl around here [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

I don't like competition.

I all honesty though Oscar was frustrated, that's normal