Aymeric Laporte

BlueLyon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chelsea were to exercise buy-out clause on Amyeric Laporte's contract, CFC will be forced to pay hefty buy-out taxes. Seems v unlikely.

Athletic Bilbao is notorious for forcing clubs to exercise buy-out (rather than agree to fee for same amount), which carries massive taxes.

Think we certainly could've had him weeks ago if we wanted him. Now, I highly doubt it.

Think he's as good, if not better than Stones is currently so he'd be a fantastic signing.

I certainly would be doing whatever it takes to get Kalas back even if we sign another CB we need players at Fullback too but then I didn`t want him to be loaned out in the first place this season.

Azpi is the only sure thing at fullback. Baba may hit the ground running,he may not..and then there`s the daily possibility of injuries. I don`t want Bran to play another game at RB unless we playing a team whose coach and players has no access to game film.

Amazing prospect. Countless times I was doing "Laporte watch" when I was watching Bilbao.

Are Bilbao expect to reject 50m€ offer ? They only bumped his clause recently from 40m€ to 50m€ - to still have this in affordable range. I mean, they could just increase it to 150m€ or whatever if they really wouldn't want to sell but I think they want to get more for him, that's why they only increased this clause to 50m€, which is a lot but still affordable. At least I hope so !

the price+the incredible tax fee +salary negotiations makes me think this is not a deal that could be done with so little time,even tho the buy out clause is better than haggling with a team who has a player without one.

i think we are looking at more of a stop gap/cheaper option with the idea of going back in for Stones at a later date. buying Laporte would almost certainly count out going back in for stones in the near future unless we are planning on playing a back 3 ,due to us already having Zouma aswell as other highly regarded young defenders. if we as fans would be happy to have Laporte or not instead of Stones makes no difference. if the club thinks otherwise.

i see some mention of us looking at Nicolas N`Koulo in the press today..

Amazing prospect. Countless times I was doing "Laporte watch" when I was watching Bilbao.

Are Bilbao expect to reject 50m offer ? They only bumped his clause recently from 40m to 50m - to still have this in affordable range. I mean, they could just increase it to 150m or whatever if they really wouldn't want to sell but I think they want to get more for him, that's why they only increased this clause to 50m, which is a lot but still affordable. At least I hope so !

Let's not forget the player also has a say in it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You