Andre Gomes

cujo101

Or maybe we shouldn't give absolute judgemenets on players based on a few international games at all? If we were to do that, then we'd be calling Ronaldo and Messi wank.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronaldo and Messi are actually performing well at international level, and in these Euro and Copa tournaments. For the prices players like Gomes are going for, I expect them to be very good day in day out, with a rare off night. But they are actually consistently average. 

18 minutes ago, nono said:

Ronaldo and Messi are actually performing well at international level, and in these Euro and Copa tournaments. For the prices players like Gomes are going for, I expect them to be very good day in day out, with a rare off night. But they are actually consistently average. 

All the prices quoted to us are ridiculous without exception. Ronaldo isn't performing well, he's an anchor dragging down the whole Portuguese team and always has. Messi at Copa I've heard has been doing great, but I don't watch it and don't really count that as he's not playing against equal opponents (I mean they won the semi-final 4-0 or something?). In World Cups he's been pretty average, undeservedly got player of tournament award last WC iirc.

I can understand, and I agree to the argument of him not being worth 42 mill. He's absolutely not worth that money.
But he has produced a few good moments out there, and during the course of the two matches out there he's never been below a solid 6. (I didn't watch the match from yesterday.)
He's obviously not the finished product, quite raw still, but the boy has potential to become a very,very solid player under the right coaching. And already is a more than decent player the way I see it.

9 hours ago, the wes said:

The person reading the offer was high and saw 4m instead of 40m. When he sobered and saw the 0 he missed out, he must have shat himself.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You