Andre Gomes

cujo101

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomes will end up at utd Mata is the key for utd getting Gomes off Valencia utd will offer Mata and money for Gomes and Valencia have always z they would welcome Mata back to Valencia 

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Mate I am half Romanian half Chilean, speak Spanish fluently and I follow La Liga and all the TV shows in Spain through sattelite TV. No one in Spain holds Andre Gomes in such high regard as you do, stop making things up. Half the world, lol.....  He's getting the same type of hype Dani Parejo used to get years back. One fabulous match and he was the next Xavi Hernandez and then 5 matches in a row when he was pure crap. Andre Gomes did nothing so far to be valued at over 40m. He's a 20m player at most.

I find it hard to believe this news because he's not even a Conte type of midfielder, he's something of an attacking midfielder that likes to dribble like mad and looks like a donkey when things don't go his way because he is tall, does not have a low centre of gravity and of course can't dribble 4 players at a time....

Edit - and because he is owned by Jorge Mendes and apparently wanted by Mourinho, that doesn't make him a must buy lol.

The Spanish fellas I chat with say he isn't that overrated or terrible but a fairly solid player that could improve immensely in the future. I do however, agree that he isn't worth 40m. Sounds a little like Dembele, shame he doesn't have the balance. Shows flashes of Kaka, but nothing more than flashes.

A single good game in the Euros people who have only seen him play once are hyping him.

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

But it would be dumb to make that choice off of one game.

I'm just confused by the targets we've outlined. What exactly are we looking to play?

I know who the media, fed by a combination of agents working for players, agents working for clubs and sooth-sayers, tell me have been identified as targets by Chelsea but I'm not prepared to judge the club on such scanty evidence.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

The Spanish fellas I chat with say he isn't that overrated or terrible but a fairly solid player that could improve immensely in the future. I do however, agree that he isn't worth 40m. Sounds a little like Dembele, shame he doesn't have the balance. Shows flashes of Kaka, but nothing more than flashes.

A single good game in the Euros people who have only seen him play once are hyping him.

Shows flashes, yes, but a 40m player should be close to a finished article, a player ready to make instant impact, rather than wait for him to develop for years. Andre Gomes gets a lot of hype because of Jorge Mendes' influence, too. And his close relationship with Valencia CF. He is the super agent and has a lot of journalists on his payroll. The breaking news that Sky Sports ran this morning, they did not hear it from Valencia, the information was leaked to them by some journalist, instructed by Jorge Mendes. He knows that by using Chelsea's name, his player's value will escalate quickly and he is using this tricks to inflate prices. 

Think he'd be a nice luxury player to use in a 3 man midfield but definitely wouldn't be worth the huge fee to play in a 2 man midfield.

If we were to sign a beast of a DM like Kante, signing Gomes to play as the box to box #8 would be nice. Cesc/Gomes/Kante would be fantastic if Nainggolan doesn't happen.

Great thing about Euro 2016 is that it's exposing so many of these overrated players, which is quite the opposite of what many here were fearing would happen.

2 hours ago, nono said:

Great thing about Euro 2016 is that it's exposing so many of these overrated players, which is quite the opposite of what many here were fearing would happen.

Or is it exposing the value of the opinions of those who are doing the overrating?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You