Andre Gomes

cujo101

He has this essien like ability to drive through the middle with the ball with strength and good ball control. He has decent passing and decent long shots, looks like a box to box type of player so if he has stamina he could be better than ramires.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it is an interesting option. Maybe you do not have the level of Koke or Pogba, but it is also true that we can continue to have a major player like Matic Mikel as the first replacement. In this way our final is to finish the season without gasoline or totally tired Matic Fabregas.

He is a young player with a tremendous future with perfect features to suit our team.

Maybe Gomes would have to fight at first to be in our starting eleven, but over time would end up being important. He is 21 and change Ramires by Gomes can be a good step in the process of regeneration that we slowly going to have to go rushing to extend our project.

Regards.

I watched him once vs Real this season and he did fine. Nice passing, quite strong and good with ball, but a bit slow and not too mobile imo.

He almost scored two screamers, I heard he has good long shot in general.

I think he has potential, but right now I would rather someone more established, ready to be thrown in fire and perform well.

are we really saying Andre Gomes do not have the quality to play in this Chelsea team? i bet he will do better than Oscar on his current form

They are different type of players. Gomes is very talented but he is definetly not the man to play behind the striker. Nuno tried him there a few times but it's not his real position. He'd play in the pivot or we'd change to 4-3-3 if we signed him.

They are different type of players. Gomes is very talented but he is definetly not the man to play behind the striker. Nuno tried him there a few times but it's not his real position. He'd play in the pivot or we'd change to 4-3-3 if we signed him.

There isn't even that much different between a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 except namesake. Oscar drops deep a lot so it's like a 4-3-3 anyway.

There isn't even that much different between a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 except namesake. Oscar drops deep a lot so it's like a 4-3-3 anyway.

That's right, we usually attack in 4-2-3-1 and defend in 4-3-3. My point is that Gomes is a more defensive player than Oscar, who is a constant threat, so if we make this change we could be more stable but less dangerous, especially against small teams that park the bus against us.

Is he realy that good? I mean he has potential, but I feel bringing another inexperienced player in such position to chelsea might not be best thing. He will be under huge pressure and who knows how he performs.

Last thing I want is 30m midfielder who will be wasted here and one year wasted for us too.

Is he realy that good? I mean he has potential, but I feel bringing another inexperienced player in such position to chelsea might not be best thing. He will be under huge pressure and who knows how he performs.

Last thing I want is 30m midfielder who will be wasted here and one year wasted for us too.

I think he's having an impressive season, but is still a work in progress. 30m would be a dangerous risk

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Bullshit rumour probably, but we are apparently trying to negotiate a move for him and Cancelo(the RB, dunno his name). Can't be optimistic, but him to next to Matic and Fabregas? I'd cream my pants.

Sadly as you said, probably is bullshit, because both players would be good for us. Gomes would fit perfect in what we need to midfield and Cancelo is a good prospect, for me, one of the best young RB attacking. Maybe has a lot of problems in the defence, even Neville has used him as a winger, but is still young and can develop his defensive abilities.

And talking about portuguese players and product from Benfica, his last kid, Renato Sanches, looks promising. Insane stamina, strong, great technique, dribble. Still has a lot to improve, for example he looks all the time at his 100%, is frenetic, sometimes need to control better the times, but sure he will understand this better while grow. The type of player who is this guy, fit 100% with premier league. Will be good keep and eye on him.

Only the time will say if this litter of young players from Benfica could be named as a golden generation, but they have produced many talent in the last years; Bernardo Silva, Renato, Guedes, Cancelo, Andre Gomes, Semedo, Nelson Oliveira (Sadly stagnant for his bad head).

• 3 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You