Something you spotted "before it was cool"

Tomo

There are many opinion's in football that are the general consensus but are there any that you spotted before it became that ? if that makes sense.

There are two for me that stand out.

After the Copa America in 2007, i said Messi could become as good as Maradona. 2 years later that became the general opinion.

The same year i was raving about Moutinho when he wasn't well known (i was desperate for us to sign him in 2007), skip forward a few years and he was one of the most sought after players on the market.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr who before it became huge-huge owo

Oh yeah, i remember the name Falcao before he even joined porto, even prefered falcao while lots of people were getting boners about Hulk remember he was beast in FM 06, but yeah :3 i've known that name for years.

HS too before it became HUGE HUGE too, but if you are going for more footballing terms,

Also since this topic has taken on a remembering stuff, I still fondly remember where gareth bale and chris gunter (though gunter would go) were going to get sold to nottingham forest years and years ago? but the move never materialized for bale, Giovani dos santos and Bojan were to be the next huge things in football around that time too, But it went not so well for both, i even fondly remember hype around dos santos being the next Ronaldinho, Hell i remember too a guy called Lulinha who used to play for corinthians i had a friend in brazil who supported them and told me lulinha was going to be a epic player, but seems like he has long dissapeared, i also remember a lot of people getting ......GIANT FREAKING spazzes about Gullermo Ochoa even putting him up with cechs and buffons and all that, he dissapeared (i know he plays in france but still?)

also seeming to dissapear im sure you remember Daniel guiza also? remember people got quite raving about him too post Euro 08.

I also fondly remember suarez growing to become something large-ish rather back when he played for gronigen cx,

I also remember here being all :OOOOOOO When AVB was appointed, yet i couldn't ever help but feel it was going to be a bad reign...and it was, i was lobbying for hiddink at the time.

HS too before it became HUGE HUGE too, but if you are going for more footballing terms,

Also since this topic has taken on a remembering stuff, I still fondly remember where gareth bale and chris gunter (though gunter would go) were going to get sold to nottingham forest years and years ago? but the move never materialized for bale, Giovani dos santos and Bojan were to be the next huge things in football around that time too, But it went not so well for both, i even fondly remember hype around dos santos being the next Ronaldinho

I also fondly remember suarez growing to become something large-ish rather back when he played for gronigen cx

Delicious ...

Delicious ...

Nyum 8DDDD *Nums on your head*

OOOOOOOH BIG BIG BIG ONE

I remember when LDN Blue joined, and usually you get tons of members going away and being forgotten about, I predicted rightly that Peace and LDN would stay on and well become well known around here C:

That Torres would be a big flop in Chelsea

I cursed everyone and their mothers for days, not only for the signing itself, but the outrageous amount of money

If it wasn't so long ago I would try to find my rants on twitter.

That Torres would be a big flop in Chelsea

I cursed everyone and their mothers for days, not only for the signing itself, but the outrageous amount of money

If it wasn't so long ago I would try to find my rants on twitter.

On similar lines, I knew that Didier Drogba would outshine Torres after he came to Chelsea, showing what exactly a complete forward really is..

Bale at Southampton.Wish we could find the thread on the old CFC-Fans, I was incandescent. I knew he'd make it, I was gutted when he signed for Spurs.

I had a similar feeling about Jack Collison few years back :lol:

I have made some shocking predictions in the past, but i think ive embarrassed myself enough already.

For every good football prediction I've had, I've probably had two or three very wrong ones (thought Kagawa would be a star at United his first year, a good recent one, lol)

But I'm an absolute wizard at spotting good music before it becomes popular. Well "good," meaning it becomes very popular on the radio, etc. But I attribute it to the fact that I must have the most mainstream American music taste, so whenever I hear a band just starting out, if I like them, probably everyone will.

You'd think I'd be able to profit from that somehow...