Premier League attempting to block First Row

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't get why they don't try and make money from it.

They know that most big football fans watch these streams, the majority of whom would be more than willing to pay 100 quid a year for proper coverage of all the premier league matches online.

It would damage the ticket sales because people will still go for the atmosphere etc.

And they could even exclude any matches shown on sky to avoid them getting pissed off by it.

It's a win win. The cameras and commentators are already there. The demand is definitely there. Seems like a no brainer.

Baffles me in this day and age with all the technology and hd and 3D etc, that they can't show all the premier league matches.

This exact thing has happened in New Zealand. Sky NZ has lost the rights and somebody else has picked them up.

We have to $150 NZD a season to watch all 380 PL match, (even four matches at once on the same screen lol).

http://premierleaguepass.com/

I don't know how common this is around the world, but I think its a great idea!

firstrow is one of the few places who don't charge anything. but it's like the time mininova torrent site was closed. if one closes, 2-3 others will come up. I doubt the Premier League can do anything to stem the rot completely.

Mininova [*] RIP :(

I paid the past couple of season to watch EPL online, similar to first row but of course in HD. But now that US is going to have pretty amazing EPL coverage next year I'll be able to watch everything via cable.

are you in the US or Canada.. cause with Rogers sportsnet World I never missed any game for anyteam I cared to watch cause they added 9 additional channels to sportsnet world play a different match on each one

As someone else said:

VPN

I pay 5 month for an awesome VPN service I can select over 100 countries on it - block me? I don't fucking think so....

It's very annoying moving back to the UK - I still have my place in Salzburg, but moving back in a few months...

I now have 50mb broadband in Austria and 100mb in England - but I can use my Austrian broadband for whatever i want!

Our civil liberties in the UK are being fucked over at an alarming rate :(

Don't bother me..I've been at around 95% of Chelsea games for the last 32 years and will continue to do so..so there.. ;)

Well AWESOME for you too!!

Not so much for those unable to do so. It's an unfortunate situation with nothing official in place (access passes) for those who are genuine in their support. but for whatever reason can't attend matches. Hopefully some other website will take its place

Well AWESOME for you too!!

Not so much for those unable to do so. It's an unfortunate situation with nothing official in place (access passes) for those who are genuine in their support. but for whatever reason can't attend matches. Hopefully some other website will take its place

Yeah I agree there should be official streaming allowed like Hutcho suggested earlier.it would raise lots of money for the clubs and would make Platini come up with something else other than FFP to screw the English clubs over.it would also help the FA to invest more into grass roots football and allow those who for whatever reason can't go to games,contribute more to their football club than just buying jerseys.

they will block this site, another will pop up straight away.. happens with piratebay and many other sites. No need to fear.

I actually only use that website for saturday 3pms as there is no other way of watching them but i watch all other games through Sky because it's in HD

There already are the firstrow mirrors prepared.

• 3 weeks later...