👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

Odd, not sure how that info managed to slip by me, 2012 too.. wtf.

Yeah, your point about City is a fair one though. Almost all the elite clubs have Nike or adidas, there are very, very few exceptions. I don't know if you'd include Arsenal - I know I certainly wouldn't. Dortmund are perhaps the best team out there that don't belong to either kit manufacturer, although their position as Germany's second-best team is severely under threat from Schalke and Leverkusen.

All the biggest (and best) teams in world football - Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Juventus, AC Milan, PSG, Benfica etc. etc. - are all either Nike or adidas. The tick and the three-stripes are a sign of prestige. If we were to leave adidas, the only kit manufacturer I'd like to see us go for is Nike. Puma make a good kit once in every ten, Warrior are utterly horrendous, Umbro are usually placid, uninventive designs.

People might be bored with adidas' constant employment of black away kits, but I'd rather have kits like this, this or this, than some Warrior-horror like this or this. adidas are consistent with 7/10 or 8/10 kits, and once every now and again you get a 9.5. Like I say, it's a prestige thing, and their kits are genuinely better than most manufacturers.

I love the yellow kit. Arsenal's yellow kit last year oozed class, so I'm glad we went back to yellow. 3rd is meh, they'll all grow on us though, so it doesn't matter haha.

I've always liked the yellow on Cech than the players but the kits this season look really nice, I would have preferred the following though:

Blue = Home | White = Away | Blue/Black = Third.

Really disappointed with the yellow away kit. Just got it today, and I must say the color looks a little different in person - almost with a slight neon hue to it. Not a fan.

Returning it for the new home kit.

Really disappointed with the yellow away kit. Just got it today, and I must say the color looks a little different in person - almost with a slight neon hue to it. Not a fan.

Returning it for the new home kit.

I noticed the neon thing during preseason. Very sad. I'm now getting the home and third kit instead.

I noticed the neon thing during preseason. Very sad. I'm now getting the home and third kit instead.

I picked up this bad boy; http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=0&N=4294959212&Product_Id=11948242

One of our best away kits in recent memory.

The yellow kit doesn't look as good in person as it does in all the shiny promos. It's too bright a shade, I wish it was like the gold we had in 2008/09. Not bad though, its an 8/10 effort. The design is great, it's just the colourway - too bright. And the blue highlight/trim is almost neon. A real shame, it could have been a classic kit.

Can't see myself buying any of the kits this season, the three we had last year shit on them. The best of the four is the keeper kit, but even that is ruined by the Spiderman webbing on the chest.

Just goes to prove we shouldn't put too much stock in the shirts before we see the kits in person. Have to say our third kit is the best-looking of the three so far.

cfc-1010302.jpg?width=380&height=380&qua

cfc-142773.jpg?width=380&height=380&qual

I picked up this bad boy; http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=0&N=4294959212&Product_Id=11948242

One of our best away kits in recent memory.

I do think that is the best away kit too. But the new third kit is the best third one haha.