test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Chelsea Kits thread

Started by Steve,

6,192 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

Lol im like a proper eastern european men have an adidas trousers, tracksuit and boots from sports direct :D

They either have sneakers or formal shoes aka "lakierkos". That sums it up pretty much :lol:

17 hours ago, manpe said:

Nah man, that pic of me is ace! Squatting like a pro...

how come i've never heard of him? now the internet still has so much to offer mer... and I thought I've surfed the internet till the end.... thank you man.

manpe likes this

6 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

But you said you don't care what the kits look like so you're not allowed an opinion Jakey xxx

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't hate. Sort of how I feel about you. Besides, I'm an equal opportunist, I'll give Nike all the hate I gave Adidas.

5 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Brand awareness is massively important, it is ignorant to dismiss that. If Macron offered £65 million, would you go with them?

stoke-city-fc-2016-2017-macron-kit-7.jpg

No, I wouldn't either. 

Make that plain blue with a white collar and white piping on the sleeves and hell yes I would.

Seriously a Basketballer worth a Billion Dollars and NIKE wants to be taken seriously no matter how good Lebron James is. One Man/Basketballer worth a Billion Dollars.

Meet Maverick Carter, the Man Behind LeBron’s Billion-Dollar Nike Deal

BY : MARK ANTHONY GREEN - May 17, 2016

He’s LeBron’s business partner. One of the famous Four Horsemen who grew up with King James in Ohio. And one of the only people on earth who knows if that lifetime Nike deal was really worth a billion dollars. Here, Maverick Carter shares his battle-tested tactics—and the big secret.

http://www.gq.com/story/lebron-james-nike-deal-bilion-maverick-carter

21 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Brand awareness is massively important, it is ignorant to dismiss that. If Macron offered £65 million, would you go with them?

stoke-city-fc-2016-2017-macron-kit-7.jpg

No, I wouldn't either. 

Why not.....the kit wont vary that much.  It will still be blue and considering the variations we have had in the past we cannot do much worse.

Chelsea are a huge brand already so brand awareness and all that mumbo jumbo sales pitch is a load of guff and irrelevant.

Money talks.....not what a shirt looks like

1 hour ago, Rhino's Skin said:

Chelsea are a huge brand already so brand awareness and all that mumbo jumbo sales pitch is a load of guff and irrelevant.

Money talks.....not what a shirt looks like

The Chelsea brand is only stronger in collaboration with the other big brands. Switching from Adidas or Nike only represents decline in European football. Even if Nike had offered less than UA, we would have made more revenue in the long run with Nike, due to their reach and status.

You're out of your depth discussing a top like this tbh, clearly you no nothing of marketing/brand awareness. 

BlueLion. and Amblève. like this

58 minutes ago, Term-X said:

The Chelsea brand is only stronger in collaboration with the other big brands. Switching from Adidas or Nike only represents decline in European football. Even if Nike had offered less than UA, we would have made more revenue in the long run with Nike, due to their reach and status.

You're out of your depth discussing a top like this tbh, clearly you no nothing of marketing/brand awareness. 

If Chelsea switched to any known brand the shirts would sell no matter what....and the club shop would still sell the branded clothing.

Chelsea dont make money on every shirt sold.....only the ones the club shops sell.  

Under Armour, Puma etc etc would all work.

As you do not know me please dont speculate on what I know about marketing and all the buzz word bollix associated with it.

Was in the game for years

kmk108 likes this

3 hours ago, Rhino's Skin said:

If Chelsea switched to any known brand the shirts would sell no matter what....and the club shop would still sell the branded clothing.

Chelsea dont make money on every shirt sold.....only the ones the club shops sell.  

Under Armour, Puma etc etc would all work.

As you do not know me please dont speculate on what I know about marketing and all the buzz word bollix associated with it.

Was in the game for years

Image is everything, Chelsea being associated with a status symbol makes us more desirable for incoming fans, and this isn't just for 'selling shirts', I'm referring to all levels. Nike & Adidas are worlds apart from the rest and can market the Chelsea brand the most effectively.

BlueLion. likes this

As a kid you want the Nike shirts, the Adidas boots Beckham/Messi is wearing, so your mind is already on that brand level. Chelsea not being with one of the big two would be suicide and would scream 'small time'.

The football world knows the cycle..

Arsenal - becomes shit... loses Nike

Liverpool - becomes shit... loses Adidas

BlueLion. likes this

20 minutes ago, Term-X said:

As a kid you want the Nike shirts, the Adidas boots Beckham/Messi is wearing, so your mind is already on that brand level. Chelsea not being with one of the big two would be suicide and would scream 'small time'.

The football world knows the cycle..

Arsenal - becomes shit... loses Nike

Liverpool - becomes shit... loses Adidas

Arsenal didn't lose Nike. They changed to Puma because Puma provided them with the (at the time) largest contract in Britain. Same goes for Liverpool when they went with Warrior. Neither club "lost" their sponsor because they were shit. But please, don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Rhino's Skin, ChelseaFSee and Spike like this

1 hour ago, Term-X said:

Image is everything, Chelsea being associated with a status symbol makes us more desirable for incoming fans, and this isn't just for 'selling shirts', I'm referring to all levels. Nike & Adidas are worlds apart from the rest and can market the Chelsea brand the most effectively.

USA under armour would dispute ypur claims having some of the worlds highest paid and highest profile names on their books.

Puma have Arsenal on a similar deal to the Adidas Chelsea one but over 5 years.

Anyway this is about Chelsea makng them look more desirable....not the other way round......hence the big bucks

Spike likes this

1 hour ago, We Hate Scouse said:

The kit pitched to the board is similar to the away one here (obviously in home colours). It has the crew neck but it has double piping on the sleeves and also along the bottom of the shirt.

It does look very nice and sleek. 

Nike as our next kit sponsor is Done?

31 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Nike as our next kit sponsor is Done?

It's just the kit that they pitched to the board. Mock kits were obviously created to sell the brand to the board.

I don't know who has been chosen yet.

MichaelDance likes this

17 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

It's just the kit that they pitched to the board. Mock kits were obviously created to sell the brand to the board.

I don't know who has been chosen yet.

there are number of competitors?