test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Chelsea Kits 2018/19

Started by Steve,

6,032 posts in this topic

Kaveh Solhekol@SkyKaveh
Chelsea sign 15-year deal with Nike worth £60m a season. Chelsea paid £40m termination fee to get out of £30m a year Adidas deal

OCTOBER 13, 2016

CHELSEA AND NIKE ANNOUNCE LONG-TERM PARTNERSHIP

http://news.nike.com/news/chelsea-nike-partnership

Chelsea Football Club today announces a new technical partnership with Nike, which represents the largest commercial deal in the club’s history.

The long-term agreement will see Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company, become the official kit supplier beginning with the 2017/18 season. Nike will produce strips for the first team, Academy and Ladies teams, as well as a full range of clothing for Chelsea’s millions of supporters around the world.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: “This is an incredibly exciting and important deal for the club. Like Chelsea, Nike is known around the world for its excellence and innovation and we look forward to working together in what is sure to be a successful partnership. We believe Nike will be able to support our growth into new markets as well as helping us maintain our place among the world’s elite football clubs.”

Trevor Edwards, President of the Nike Brand, said: “Chelsea is a world-class club with a rich tradition and passionate fans across the globe. The partnership with Chelsea reinforces our leadership position in football. We are excited to help grow the club’s global reach, serving players and supporters with Nike innovation and design."

Chelsea Football Club today announces a new technical partnership with Nike, which represents the largest commercial deal in the club’s history.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/10/chelsea-and-nike-announce-long-term-partnership.html

8 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I really hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I have full faith in the club hierarchy when it comes to making money. It's spending money that I'm worried about. 

This.

Absolutely great deal, but what bothers me alitttle is that deal is for 15 years. In 5 years from now, 60m a year could look small, never mind in 15. And we will have little negotiation space.

the wes and MefiX19 like this

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Absolutely great deal, but what bothers me alitttle is that deal is for 15 years. In 5 years from now, 60m a year could look small, never mind in 15. And we will have little negotiation space.

I agree mate sure we could termination early like we did with adidas and we did in the past with umbro as well 

4 hours ago, AndersonBLUE said:

Shame that Nike kits look like ass but whatever, money matters in this game 

They did generaly realy well with Psg and Barca kits. Inter, brazil, france, croatia all looked nice in many versions they made.

As long they keep them simple, they make them classy. I loved Umbro kits we had and hopefuly they take inspiration from there.

Adidas fitted us well, but it got kinda boring with those three stripes every year on shoulders. You just cant make clean kit with that. Now they are under arm pits but still very visible.

https://www.google.si/search?q=chelsea+nike+kit&client=ms-android-htc-rev&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjr7pj2wtrPAhVDSRoKHRocAxMQ_AUIBygB#imgrc=o0RsDDdDwS84JM%3A

This one looks great

kmk108 likes this

Well now that I see Nike struck deal with Barca for unbelievable 150m per year, it leaves us quite behind. 

And where is that guy who was saying that top clubs always get top sponsors? And if you have like UA or unknown sponsor your not big club? Barca made deal with Rakuten (never heard of them before). So yeah its all about money. 

Why did we cut the deal with adidas this year and not wait for end of contract?

If Nike is giving us 60m per year, but we will have to pay adidas compensation of 40m, this means we would only get 20m actual income of that Nike deal in first year (under adidas we got 30m per year). 

Unless the expenses for adidas compensation are seperated and therefore, not connected to new nike deal. 

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Why did we cut the deal with adidas this year and not wait for end of contract?

If Nike is giving us 60m per year, but we will have to pay adidas compensation of 40m, this means we would only get 20m actual income of that Nike deal in first year (under adidas we got 30m per year). 

Unless the expenses for adidas compensation are seperated and therefore, not connected to new nike deal. 

The adidas deal would have lasted till 2023 so it was more profitable to end it immediately and sign a better deal with Nike. 

MefiX19 likes this

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

The adidas deal would have lasted till 2023 so it was more profitable to end it immediately and sign a better deal with Nike. 

Oh I see I thought we had Adidas only until 2018 for some reason. But I remember now we signed 10 year deal back in 2013. 

That strikes me why did we sign for 15 years with Nike tho? Its clear that in 5-10 years, 60m per year will become "small" amount and then we will need to do same we did with adidas this year.

Right now we have brilliant deal, but Barca signed for 100m p.y., while Madrid, Bayern, etc will soon follow I think.

Tautvix likes this

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Oh I see I thought we had Adidas only until 2018 for some reason. But I remember now we signed 10 year deal back in 2013. 

That strikes me why did we sign for 15 years with Nike tho? Its clear that in 5-10 years, 60m per year will become "small" amount and then we will need to do same we did with adidas this year.

Right now we have brilliant deal, but Barca signed for 100m p.y., while Madrid, Bayern, etc will soon follow I think.

I don't think we're quite to that level yet, but perhaps we can renegotiate a few years into the contract.

I'm going to hate how Chelsea will look in Nike.  Don't like Nike, love Adidas, but money is money.  Lets hope they keep the kits the same color, none of this BS darker color sleeves and shoulders.

Im the only one who thinks the current blue kit is a classic one? If not for the little lions, probably the best kit Adidas produced for us. I wasnt a big fan when it was revealed, but I really loved the stripes in the sides instead of shoulders, and the full kit look really great.

66989d5a435d7b2cbb4c882a2eabf475.jpg

3BF4531600000578-0-image-a-45_1483889259

chelsea-diego-950-ok.jpg

Blue Armour likes this