👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

All four articles taken from www.chelseafc.com.

Chelsea Football Club today reveals the inspiration for the new home kit for next season which captures the spirit of unity and collectiveness within our team.

With the club one match away from the Champions League Final and level on points at the top the league after Saturday's memorable win over Manchester United, the message, 'Together, Impossible is Nothing' could not be more apt as we prepare to face Liverpool on Wednesday night.

The kit will be worn for the first time by the team for the last Barclays Premier League game of the season against Bolton on May 11 at Stamford Bridge.

And you can pre-order now by using this link. It is on sale to the public from May 8.

Coloured in traditional Chelsea reflex blue, the kit is a retro throwback to those of bygone years.

The thinking behind the new white polo collar came from various kits of the past while the gold trim on the collar and sleeve hems makes an immediate colour connection with the club crest.

Following a thorough review of the domestic and international markets, a joint decision has been made by Chelsea FC and adidas, our official sponsor and sportswear supplier, to change our home kit every year.

It is our belief that this will become the football norm, with several Premier League clubs already doing it, and we would prefer to be open with our fans rather than introduce this measure by stealth.

As well as demand domestically there is now a significant demand for Chelsea outside of the UK where all our main European rivals took this step several years ago.

We would like to assure our fans that the replica kits will be of the highest sporting, technology and design standards as well as offering value for money with the recommended retail price being the same as the 2007/08 season.

Chelsea takes the views of our fans seriously and we always try to balance those with the realities of our business. This has been demonstrated by our dialogue over ticket prices which has led to a freeze on non corporate ticket prices for three consecutive seasons and other discount price policies for cup matches.

To ensure full transparency, the club's Customer Charter has been amended to take into account this change and all replica shirts at retail will carry a swing tag that makes the shelf life of the shirt very clear.

As always for adidas and Chelsea, technology is at the forefront of the kit design. The shirt incorporates the world-renowned ClimaCool? and ForMotion? technologies which allow heat and sweat to escape and give the athlete the freedom and movement to perform.

ClimaCool? mesh panels run down the side of the shirt and have been highlighted by sleek embossing to create a dynamic and powerful look to the shirt.

Two interesting points in that. Firstly the expected that we will wear the shirt against Bolton on May 11th, and the confirmation that it is only for one season.

I think alot of people will be unhappy with that, especially parents as its going to mean 3 new kits (+ GK kits) every year unless they keep away/third kits for longer. They say many clubs already do this, but I cant think of any that are to be honest.

Cant see this being a popular choice by the club and as its only a 1 season kit that i'm not particularly fond of, I'll wait for the next one. Cheers Chelsea. £40 saved.

-------------------------

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm that we will carry the global company brand Samsung on the team's shirts next season.

The Chelsea FC shirt and merchandise currently carries the company's Mobile Division brand, Samsung Mobile.

However the Korean multi-national has opted for the change, a measure of Chelsea's ability to deliver world wide exposure for our sponsors.

Samsung Electronics currently has a European turnover of £12 billion (US$23.5 billion) and their mobile business has increased by more than 50 per cent since the Chelsea sponsorship began in the 2005/6 season.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said: 'Samsung have been a fantastic partner for the last three seasons and we take this latest move as a measure of the strength of that relationship and the ability of Chelsea to deliver global exposure, value and brand awareness for its partners.'

IS Kim, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics Europe said: 'Samsung has already enjoyed great success in our partnership with Chelsea and we continue to extend our support, as well as engaging in marketing activities with the club across the whole business.'

As a result of the change Chelsea will have three new kits next season, home, away and European. It is standard industry practice to change all three kits when a sponsor name changes.

Samsung picked up the prestigious Sport Industry Award in 2007 for Best Sponsorship of a Team or Individual and has also been shortlisted for 2008 in the Best Integrated Sponsorship category at the same awards.

The new home kit will be worn for the first time by the team for the last Barclays Premier League game of the season against Bolton on May 11 at Stamford Bridge.

Something that I think most people expected to happen sooner rather than later.

Petr Cech has a 'Warning' for all Chelsea's opponents next season, the colour of the goalkeeper's home shirt.

The new kit revealed today for the first time is the latest striking colour to feature on the Chelsea kit.

Officially the orange colour is called 'Warning' and it follows this season's very popular 'Electricity' yellow European kit.

Cech said: 'When we were talking with adidas about the new shirt for the new season, someone mentioned the orange colour because there were some studies about the orange colour and they said it is the most disturbing colour for the strikers, because they don't have much time and orange attracts everything so I hope it works.

'When I signed for Sparta Prague I heard similar so I had an orange shirt, and this was one of the best seasons I ever had.

'When I came here it was impossible because José hated bright colours for goalkeepers. But we had bright colours during this season with the yellow kit, which I think is a lot brighter than this, then I thought okay we might get back to the subject of the orange colour and in the end everybody like the idea so here we are.'

The kit will be worn for the first time by Cech for the last Barclays Premier League game of the season against Bolton on May 11 at Stamford Bridge.

Nice to see he likes it, and has a say in the kit.

Chelsea's players have given a unanimous vote of approval to the new home kit for next season and the inspiration behind it.

The message, 'Together, Impossible is Nothing', the look, design and feel were all aspects the players immediately felt an affinity with.

The kit will be worn for the first time by the team for the last Barclays Premier League game of the season against Bolton on May 11 at Stamford Bridge. And you can pre-order now by using this link. It is on sale to the public from May 8.

Coloured in traditional Chelsea reflex blue, the kit is a retro throwback to those of bygone years.

The thinking behind the new white polo collar came from various kits of the past while the gold trim on the collar and sleeve hems makes an immediate colour connection with the club crest.

John Terry and Didier Drogba were in agreement that the spirit of the team is summed up in the message.

Terry said: 'Yeah I think we have sort of installed that, especially with our home record over the last four years, been exceptional from the players and the fans play a large part in that as well.

'Us being a goal down a few times, never giving up, always battling until the end and the fans sing along right until the 94th, 95th minute and play a really big part of what we have done at the Bridge.'

While Drogba added: 'That is exactly the spirit Chelsea has and has had for the last few years. Not even in the last few years, but since the club was created because we waited a long long time to win the league and if we did it is because the club and the structure didn't give up.'

The Ivory Coast striker also noticed the retro look in the design as did Ashley Cole.

Drogba said: 'Well, it is different, it looks like we are getting back to the old Chelsea, with the little lines. That is not bad, this is the identity of the club so we need to bring it back.'

Cole said: 'Really nice, really comfortable and I think it is a good look from the last kit.'

Whats Drogba on about at the end: 'with the little lines'??? All 3 players quotes here sound abit weird.

Despite what Chelsea want, I won't be buying any more kits than usual. I generally go for one per year, before that meant a home kit and then an away kit, but now it'll just be a home kit every summer. Whatever.

i dont rush out and buy replica shirts anymore. use to and as a result have a tangerine and graphite number loitering somewhere( may even have spencers name and number on it )

not sure i like the new kit can decide if its retroesque or not

My top arrived yesterdee....

The only problem being is... it's in Littlehampton, West Sussex, and I'm in Adelaide, South Australia... <_<

Oh well me old Ma will send it on. :thumbsup:

Should be here for the final.

I'm pissed off that we're changing every year because this shirt is absolutely awesome. The best shirt ive ever seen Chelsea produce and i buy them all. I guess i just have to spend over £100 a year on 3 shirts now.....Fuckers! I really hate that. I wish we could vote and let us fans have a say because its utter fucking bollocks. Still anyway, regardless, i will buy all 3 forever.

I'm wearing the new home shirt now and it really is soooo nice. Puts the last one to shame. Thats shirt number......24 for me :lol:

Edited by OllieCFC

Disagree with you greatly. Saw the shirt in town, and whilst I like it, it doesn't even compare with the shadow of the kit of 06/08. Can't actually believe you think its the nicest kit we've ever had, either...