Gareth Bale is....

Chelsea?

Well aren't goals important? very important... ?

Tottenham are nothing without him .

Yes, but for someone who's touted as a potential all time transfer record signing you'd expect him to be a global superstar who would sell millions of shirts worldwide, score unbelievable amounts of goals, and makes the players around him better.

This was Bale's best ever season and his stats were worse than Theo Walcott. And the only reason he scored as many as he did was because there wasn't anyone else in his side to score them.

If you're paying Ronaldo money or even more, I'd expect to have a player who is unstoppable and transcends the game.

In our games with them this season he was largely invisible.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but for someone who's touted as a potential all time transfer record signing you'd expect him to be a global superstar who would sell millions of shirts worldwide, score unbelievable amounts of goals, and makes the players around him better.

This was Bale's best ever season and his stats were worse than Theo Walcott. And the only reason he scored as many as he did was because there wasn't anyone else in his side to score them.

If you're paying Ronaldo money or even more, I'd expect to have a player who is unstoppable and transcends the game.

In our games with them this season he was largely invisible.

I agree that he isn't worth like 80m or anything like that.. thats just crazy.

But he is worth the 50m in my opinion.

...A lad from Wales, few say he's up there with the best, others say he only has a couple of things to his game, I am sure once (and only if) he moves from Spurs, we'll see either the explosive up there with the best Welsh number 11, or just a 2-3 dimensional player that failed to prove himself in a much bigger side.

That being said, I think alot of you who say he is very over-rated are wrong.

No were not, just because people say he is over rated doesn't mean we don't rate him.

This is why people find it hard not to believe he is over-rated

Micheal Dawson 'Gaz is up there with Ronaldo and Messi in terms of ability - he’s one of the best players in the world at the moment, and probably the best in the world for me right now,' Dawson said in a promotional interview for Topman.

'Some of the things he does would have Ronaldo blush. His goal this season against Norwich where he picked the ball up in his own half and dribbled past all those players before having the calm and composure to put in the bottom corner... He’s been brilliant and credit to him.'

Absolutely brilliant and has the potential to be world-class. People only fail to acknowledge that because they are threatened by him, and thus want him to move to Spain. He's a fantastic player. I wouldn't mind having a "one-dimensional" player who can dribble the ball upfield, beat four men and thrash the ball into the top corner from 25 yards.

From the matches I've seen of him, when he roams in midfield, he often does nothing great.

For me he's a forward with good shooting range and pace. If he would be less selfish, he could set-up players around him in good position by using the fact that he draws defender to him.

He lacks very good close control, quick change of direction and using the fact he draws defenders to make space for other.