Eliaquim Mangala

Seems strange that Sakho (who looked pretty shit at Liverpool) starts over him for France.

Won't say he's overrated. I think he's got the talent and ability to be a beast of a defender.

Think he and Kompany will form a great partnership once he settles in there. Doubt we're even considering him at this point. Just lazy journalism at work here.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems strange that Sakho (who looked pretty shit at Liverpool) starts over him for France.

Won't say he's overrated. I think he's got the talent and ability to be a beast of a defender.

Think he and Kompany will form a great partnership once he settles in there. Doubt we're even considering him at this point. Just lazy journalism at work here.

Deschamps loves to play with one left footed and one right footed in the defence. Varane/Mangala and Sakho/Koscielny.

I would be very angry if we sign him. Center back is at least one position I feel where we have good youth prospects who can make a step up to the starting 11 in Zouma and Christensen

If anything it is more surprsing that Koscielny is not favoured over Sakho considering the season he has had. Mangala is like 4th choice CB but in Sakho's defence he has looked very solid for France and I think he will succeed at Liverpool eventually.

Im okay with opponents getting the hell money to get their players, if we are to "Bargain" what we get. Costa and Fabregas are perfect examples of smart decision, and weighed options. So let City spend that money on Mangala, he's good. As long as they decide to do it, and not get a normal CB for 10 to 15 mil. from a lesser team.

If he can't start ahead of Sakho, who after seeing him this season in the PL and in the world cup, is one hell of a average defender then we don't need him.

It doesn't work like that, using the same theory's Sturridge is average because he couldn't dislodge Torres or Fernandinho is average because Paulinho is played more by Scolari.

Furthermore Sakho is a decent prospect, even Thiago Silva would look half the player he is in a system like Liverpools which pretty much neglects defending.

It doesn't work like that, using the same theory's Sturridge is average because he couldn't dislodge Torres or Fernandinho is average because Paulinho is played more by Scolari.

Furthermore Sakho is a decent prospect, even Thiago Silva would look half the player he is in a system like Liverpools which pretty much neglects defending. Of course he would, Silva is overrated

Kompany and Mangala now, is this physically strongest CB partnership in world? Must be, thats beast pairing. Anyways we didnt need CB and we got what we needed so I am confident in next season

So as things stands they start the season with

Hart

Zabaletta Mangala Kompany Clichy

Toure Fernandinho

Navas Silva Nasri

Aguero

On paper that team should walk the league easily. Well balanced with combination of genuine world class players, physically dominant and great technicians. clichy and hart are the only weak links.

Hart

Toure Fernandinho

Navas Silva Nasri

Aguero

On paper that team should walk the league easily. Well balanced with combination of genuine world class players, physically dominant and great technicians. clichy and hart are the only weak links.

With a bench of Caballero, Sagna, Demichellis, Fernando, Milner, Dzeko and Negredo. Pretty strong.

Hart

Toure Fernandinho

Navas Silva Nasri

Aguero

Walk the league easily? Really?

Don't think anyone is now capable of walking the league. If/when we finally sign Filipe Luis then our first XI is just as strong as theirs. They may have more depth, but they did last season too and needed our help to win the title by only a few points. I also don't see Yaya having another ridiculous year like that.

I think they have to be favorites entering the season, but to say they'll walk the league is ridiculous in my opinion.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You