Eliaquim Mangala

ah NO! simply a partner for luiz, our best deffender.

Luiz isn't a defender, he is much better in midfield. On his day Luiz is up there with on of the best midfielders in the world so why would you want him in defense. Brana and Cahil are better defenders than Luiz

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz isn't a defender, he is much better in midfield. On his day Luiz is up there with on of the best midfielders in the world so why would you want him in defense. Brana and Cahil are better defenders than Luiz

Name me one "world class" midfield performance Luiz has given us.

Cahill and Ivanovic better defenders? Have you watched us at all this season? Luiz has been our best defender.

Name me one "world class" midfield performance Luiz has given us.

Cahill and Ivanovic better defenders? Have you watched us at all this season? Luiz has been our best defender.

Luiz performance during the europa league were outstanding. Luiz is up there with the best long passers in the world and if you were pay attention to games that midfield is his best position by far.

Cahill and Brana are technically better defenders. They don't go wondering out of defense and they put in a good tackle. Cahill last ditch challenge in the final is a great example so how is Luiz is our best defender.

According to L’Equipe, Mourinho is ready to battle with Monaco to sign Porto's highly rated defender Mangala for Chelsea.

piss off monaco you cant compete with jose

article-0-00F1B4FD0000044C-885_468x392.j

JOSE MOURINHO wants Porto centre-half Eliaquim Mangala as his first Chelsea buy — but not at the £30million asking price.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4948980/Eliaquim-Mangala-targeted-by-Jose-Mourinho-for-Chelsea.html#ixzz2Ur7ezNLU

I could be wrong here having not seen too much of him, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in case you're completely clueless about this guy, he's basically the player Carvalho used to be I believe. I think he's got more strength on him however but not quite as good positioning. His tackling and interceptions are pretty much the same technique and to the same standard.

He's generally believed to be one of the paciest centre-backs currently in professional football.

He's yet to be capped for the senior France national team (he turned 22 this year) but the idea is that he will one day form a rock solid partnership with Varane.

Varane - Mangala will be like Terry - Carvalho basically.

He is a threat from attacking set pieces when it comes to headers, however he pulls players too much in his own box when defending a free-kick.

His pace, and the fact that he played there for some of his career, meaning he's perfectly capable of filling in at left-back.

This is the sort of deal where you're getting a player who could be one of the best in his position in 4-5 years. He'd be worth whatever we pay.

Mangala played for the Belgium team Standard de Liege before joing Porto in 2011.

I must say he did rather well in de Belgian League and quickly got his place in the first team after former coach Laszlo Boloni gave him his chance in the 1st team at age 17-18.

I remember him as a quick and strong CB + trustworthy. After two seasons at Standard he was on his way to Valencia. Both teams had an agreement but the transfer was cancelled because one of (this might be a problem!!) his managers wasn't involved in the negotiations. Luciano D'Onofio (Standards Manager and n°1 back then) had good connections in Portugal. Mangala and Defour were both transfered to Fc Porto. Transfer price = €7 million

So I haven't really followed him at Porto but I know he's a good defender. But to say he's a GREAT defender that would easily fit in our starting line up????? I don't know about that! Pay €30 million for Eliaquim??? Give me a break please!

He was good in the Belgian League but it was not that he really stood out like (for example) Vincent Kompany did.

Defender for our starting line up? I don't know.

€30 million? Foolish price. I guess Porto is trying to cash hard this summer! Floating a little after Monaco brought the $$$ signs in their eyes when buying Moutinho & Rodriguez!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You