Intense pre-season to cost us next season?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The games against City were far from intense, and we played with a lot of subs, a strong pre season is necessary to win the league.

So no, I dont see a pre season costing us the next season.

As it stands we will have a near 40 man squad for pre season, i highly doubt any one will go out on loan early as Jose will probably want to access who to keep, who to loan out again and who to get rid off.

The players who went to the Confederations most probably won't be there for most of it.

One obvious positive is that the loanees and possible new signings would start to gel with the team so that we can beat Bayern in August and of course a strong start in the PL.

When you have the right players the season will be promising. We survived 2 post-WC seasons by finishing 2nd in the league in both, and winning 2 cups in one. Not to mention the Euros and CAN's.

Played golf yesterday, who would of thought you'd have sore muscles after golf!?

I completely agree that it will have some sort of effect. Usually id say 'They are fine tuned pros who get paid a shit tonne, they will be fine'. But this is ridiculous!!

Any other season it would of been all good, just not this one FFs.

If our squad depth increases by next season I don't think it would be much of a problem to have such an intensive pre-season because then we would have the option of rotation. We also have our youth players to utilize so our first team will hopefully see less of the action. Now if our squad does not increase immensely for next season and we are playing yet another game intensive season we might have some of the same problems of this season. A lot of tired legs in the future <_< . We are Chelsea however so we will get through it some how (with heartache for supporters)

The pre-season won't cost us next season..as long as we have the right amount of squad depth.

Getting rid of players like Yossi & Marin....and bringing in squad players like Schurrle, maybe KDB will definitely help our three amigos stay fresh next season.

And anyway, our reserves and loanees should be playing most of those games in the USA...with our stars coming off the bench when needed.

I realized that some people concerned about this, mainly because lacked squad depth we have last season. But if we add some player out on loan, reserves and academy. Take a look at this squad list we have :

GK
Petr Cech
Henrique Hilário (Possible Released)

Thibaut Courtois

Jamal Blackman
Matej Delač

DF
Branislav Ivanović
Ashley Cole
David Luiz (Confederations Cup)
Paulo Ferreira (Possible Released)
Gary Cahill
John Terry
César Azpilicueta
Ryan Bertrand
Sam Hutchinson
Patrick van Aanholt
Jeffrey Bruma
Andreas Christensen
Nathan Aké
Tomáš Kalas
Nathaniel Chalobah
Kenneth Omeruo (Confederations Cup)
Wallace
Todd Kane

MF
Oriol Romeu
Ramires
Frank Lampard
Juan Mata
Oscar (Confederations Cup)
Mikel (Confederations Cup)
Eden Hazard
Marko Marin
Yossi Benayoun (Possible Released)
Michael Essien
Kevin De Bruyne
Josh McEachran
Gaël Kakuta
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Billy Clifford
Thorgan Hazard

FW
Fernando Torres
Demba Ba
Victor Moses (Injury)
Romelu Lukaku
Lucas Piazón
Islam Feruz
Patrick Bamford

Other Reserves and Academy :
Sam Walker
George Saville
Daniel Pappoe
Alex Davey
Adam Nditi
Amin Affane
Tika Musonda
Lamisha Musonda
Alex Kiwomya
Milan Lalkovič
Ulises Dávila
Anjur Osmanović
Jhon Pírez
Joao Rodríguez

Released :
Florent Malouda
Ross Turnbull
Archange Nkumu
Aziz Deen-Conteh

I think we should be fine. :eyebrows:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the long pre season could benefit us. It would give Mourinho an opportunity to figure out the best formation and which youngsters to keep for the season. Plus the games are played at a pretty low intensity which won't really affect players stamina. Plus our main players probably won't play much. I think a longer pre season is quite a good idea. However I might be completely wrong in the end. :sweating: