Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

I think the PS4 slightly has a nod ahead simply because they're using 8GB GDDR5 compared to Microsofts 8GB DDR3 RAM - PS4s memory is more graphically intensive which could allow a slight difference in quality.

We'll have to wait and see though.

there you go thats much more debateable, I don't know if MS really has DDR3 RAM, couldn't find this, but you're right GDDR5 is what is uses by graphics Cards these days and indeed is FASTER then DDR5, but then you have still the problem you have right now, its about using that GDDR5 efficiently, the latencys get slower but you have shared memory for CPU and GPU on that part, and it will be interesting what AMD and SONY plus MS too have here up they're sleeves.

no the speed of the Operation is faster, the capacity of it won't change much you can do more operations in a Second but thats the old arguement, from 60 fps onwards your human eye wont see any difference...

maybe thats why SONY has shifted focus to the TFLOPS just to show what it CAN do just it effects you slightly.

Like I've said it it will be close as ever and you have to see if there will be any real difference in the graphics... allthough the ps4 has in theory a slight slight nod (Capacity is the same but faster operations)

I know that not everyone has broadband, but I'm not on about cloud gaming, I'm on about streaming games e.g. letting other people see what you're doing, like on uStream (we were discussing the social side of the PS4 right?) - just to reiterate - I'm not talking about the cloud gaming aspect. The cloud gaming aspect is still very interesting though as Sony are going to allow people to stream PS3, PS2 and PS1 games from the cloud which isn't bad at all.

Thats another point, yeah its right that allowing to stream old games is ok, because both consoles won't be able to let you play you're old stuff on it (cause the different architectures of them (CELL and X86), so this can be good, because you don't have to buy them again (or do you?) its interesting what the xbox will do.

Yeah but you can see it this way, you can stay in the game like what I've understood in the presentation and just get skype next to it and have a video/voice chat while both of you are play'n you can watch random shows next to a game while playing, you can do different stuff while play'n and I couldn't see this on the PS4. So you're right its about the social media in PS4, and I've drifted away a bit, there is no indication on Xbox one there won't be the same level, maybe thet taeking over from someone else will be a favour for PS4, but you now have that Status on Xbox for your avatar, that Messages (somebody has started to play Batman and wants you to play it too), that Videochat while playing, so there is no real difference apart from to aspects there, takeing over a mission and sending a video directly.

There is good stuff on the PS4 never doubted it, but we had 10 Mins of an Xbox presentation and ppl go nuts but there is no reason to it really, they just showes how much they've improved Kinect and the random stuff, I think personally they will show the big bang on E3 and the gameing part of it, Sony is donig many things what they should've done befer (Cross Chats etc) and I won't ever belive Xbox has just stayes where it already was, in fact because Xbox is the prefered console for Ego-Shooters and there the communication and interacting with each other has a big part to play.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about? I never once said that the Xbox controller was shit. I simply said that I liked the dualshock more. Okay, is that alright with you? Okay.

PS3 Exclusives that I liked: God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni, inFamous, Resistance, Killzone, Heavy Rain, LittlebigPlanet, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remake, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid 4, among a few others.

You ask me what's my point about the price when it doesn't matter to you? Well, I actually don't care if it if the price is no argument to you or not, because it does in fact matter to me.

You do seem like you are looking for an argument, you know?

nvmd

missunterstanding and I clearly DON't argue about this stuff, I only argue about ppl whom have a point, won't come down from it and talk stuff thats weired (like about ppl asking why you have to recode old games to play them on a NEW architecture... yeah maybe because it is a new architecture?)

I'm a big SONY fanboy and don't Rate MS but I give credit where its due to... and I see no point in just starting such a thread.

Still there are no more that much exclusives like before...

you said besides being for free there is no difference and I said it has more quality and costs 0,08333 € a day, just smoke one cigarette less a day so I will pay fo it.

you said 70€, I posted a link where you can get it for 31 €

I have always, always been a Playstation boy, so I'd naturally go with the PS4. However, does anyone know if the PS4 will have PS3 compatibility? If it doesn't then I would consider switching.

Edit - a quick Google search is saying no. I've got about £900 worth of PS3 games that would be completely wasted, then. Fuck you, Sony!

I have always, always been a Playstation boy, so I'd naturally go with the PS4. However, does anyone know if the PS4 will have PS3 compatibility? If it doesn't then I would consider switching.

Edit - a quick Google search is saying no. I've got about £900 worth of PS3 games that would be completely wasted, then. Fuck you, Sony!

"The technology is so advanced that some day we could easily stream PS1, PS2, PS3 and the PS Mobile games on any device, including the PlayStation 4," Perry added.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a460439/ps4-has-no-native-ps3-backwards-compatibility-gaikai-to-take-place.html

XBox Live is light years ahead of PSN, for the reasons Rambo stated. If however.. Playstation improve that aspect I'd consider switching back to Sony.

Although, personally I've had the same XBox since 2006, no red ring of death, no problems whatsoever. Microsoft well and truly delivered.

PS4...

I had a ps1. Ps2. Ps3.

I can't start cheating on them now...

And anyway, their system is apparently more powerful, not that it would make a difference to me as i couldn't get myself to switch anyway, but i prefer that the Ps4 seems to be focussing on the gaming aspect. Sure it has a Blu-ray player as well which is great etc, but i have a TV etc, so i don't need my playstation to do any of that stuff.

The new Xbox is a disappointment thus far. Here's' some of the things I didn't like.

1) Used games are blocked.
2) The can't play offline forever rumours were true, you have to log in once every 24 hours!
3) The lack of focus on gaming itself and rather all round entertainment is another unsurprising disappointment.
4) No backwards compatibility (tbh this one isn't that big a deal).
5) Not aesthetically pleasing, looks like an old 80's VCR.

That added with the lack of interesting exclusives compared to what Playstation has to offer, means I'll be sticking with Sony.

I think sony has really benefited from not showing the console even though at the time i was disappointed. Right now Xbox has pretty much shown most of thier cards and people are still weighing up the two, and sony still has one of the biggest things to show for E3.

The new Xbox is a disappointment thus far. Here's' some of the things I didn't like.

1) Used games are blocked.

2) The can't play offline forever rumours were true, you have to log in once every 24 hours!

I am not getting into a console war because they are absolutely childish! However, these two statements are wrong...

1. They are not blocked, but you will have to pay a fee to let it work on your console. The fee is yet to be announced, but I am guessing it will vary from 5-10 dollars!

2. This is bullshit, it wont be always-on nor will you have to log-in every 24hrs (that of the once a day login is even more ridiculous, not every turn on their Xbox everyday).

I voted both as I'm getting each eventually.

As a 10 year Xbox LIVE member and a huge online multiplayer gamer, LIVE trumps anything Sony offers so I'm getting the Xbox at launch.

I've always used my Playstation systems as a single player console.

I am not getting into a console war because they are absolutely childish! However, these two statements are wrong...

1. They are not blocked, but you will have to pay a fee to let it work on your console. The fee is yet to be announced, but I am guessing it will vary from 5-10 dollars!

2. This is bullshit, it wont be always-on nor will you have to log-in every 24hrs (that of the once a day login is even more ridiculous, not every turn on their Xbox everyday).

I'm also not going to get into a console war for the same reason :). Just to point out though, I owned a 360 for a good few years so I'm not at all biased towards Sony. In regards to your response to my first point, even if that is the case, there still is a block out is there not?, albeit it can be lifted. And the second point is true check out Ign and all other gaming websites,

heres the exact quote from Kotaku...

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

I'm also not going to get into a console war for the same reason :). Just to point out though, I owned a 360 for a good few years so I'm not at all biased towards Sony. In regards to your response to my first point, even if that is the case, there still is a block out is there not?, albeit it can be lifted. And the second point is true check out Ign and all other gaming websites,

heres the exact quote from Kotaku...

Well, technically it is 'blocked', but once you say like that it sounds as if you wont be able to play it no matter what (which isnt the case). And besides, we don't know if Sony will do the same (it might be something the developers asked both to do), so it may not even be a Xbox disadvantage and rather a NextGen one...

IGN and Gamestop are reporting this is bullshit and the Xbox One and PS4 will work on the same basis as the Current Generation (you will be able to use it offline no matter what)...

I am not arguing which one is better or anything like it, I am just discussing facts and how it will be or not! :)

Well, technically it is 'blocked', but once you say like that it sounds as if you wont be able to play it no matter what (which isnt the case). And besides, we don't know if Sony will do the same (it might be something the developers asked both to do), so it may not even be a Xbox disadvantage and rather a NextGen one...

IGN and Gamestop are reporting this is bullshit and the Xbox One and PS4 will work on the same basis as the Current Generation (you will be able to use it offline no matter what)...

I am not arguing which one is better or anything like it, I am just discussing facts and how it will be or not! :)

As you say IGN and Gamestop are reporting the "once every 24hrs" info', not sure what makes you think that they're all wrong and you're correct.

Here's exactly what IGN are saying for those interested:

Does it require an internet connection?

YES. Xbox One will need to connect to the internet frequently in order to let you play games, watch TV or do anything else. According to Microsoft's Phill Harrison it will need to do so approximately every 24 hours at least, more frequently for games and services that rely more heavily on the cloud. If you are somewhere without any Internet connection at all, such as a military base, you will NOT be able to use Xbox One. It is reasonable to infer from this, and the other information Microsoft has provided regarding game-sharing, that Xbox One will need to connect to the Internet to authenticate you as well as connect to the Cloud. Games appear to be tied to your Xbox Live account, so without connecting to the Internet the Xbox One won't be able to verify that you own them.

Also just realized this too:

Can I play my friend's games on my console?

NO, not unless you're signed in as them. Otherwise you will have to pay, full-price, to access that game. The clearest stance on this comes from Eurogamer's interview with Harrison: "I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game. The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play. The bits that are on the disc, I can give to anybody else, but if we both want to play it at the same time, we both have to own it. That's no different to how discs operate today." Microsoft's Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) put it this way: "Should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile." But then if you go home and leave the disc with your friend, they will have to pay for that game if they want to play it on their own profile.

That sucks!

As you say IGN and Gamestop are reporting the "once every 24hrs" info', not sure what makes you think that they're all wrong and you're correct.

Here's exactly what IGN are saying for those interested:

No, go to the video section and see they talking about it will not need an internet connection at all!

https://twitter.com/notaxation

Xbox One isn't always-online. Just like I told you it wouldn't be. BOOM. #trustcolin