Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

So with the announcement of Xbox One, it seems we will have a continuation of the console war going on between Sony and Microsot.

Both are to be released in 2013, Microsoft has shown what Xbox One will look like while Sony hasn't.

So, which one are you planning to get???

Specs:

SPECS-CHART.jpg

I have the Xbox 360 at the moment, but I have always been a Playstation boy since the days of PS1 & 2. Not sure why i chose Xbox instead of PS3, you have to pay to play online which i think is ridiculous.

I might get the PS4 this time round and sell my X360.

Your thoughts??

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS4, as they seem more focused on the actual gaming aspect compared to the Xbox who were focusing more on how their console is well rounded (TV, sports etc.). I'm buying a gaming console to game. I've got my TV/laptop/mobile for everything else.

"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play." - Microsoft.

PS4, I suppose. Gaming will never reach the heights of the late 90s and early 00s again. I've always had Playstations and I always will because I'm a sucker for brand loyalty.

I wish my PS3 never died, sigh.

they haven't even come out doh....

really guys... wait and see...

they probably have the same jaguar architecture of AMD same graphics same RAM.... there willl only be marginal differences... but xbox one seems better option of what it can do and what it can replace all in all in your livingroom...

plux xbox live > PSN as mentioned

plus kinect what is a great fun with friends and your wife is convinced you not only have bought it for yourself

plus no way not in hundred years the dual shock will be as good as the xbox trigger... never ever... even though SONY enlarged that freakening hand destroying little piece of shit called controller and got closer to the xbox controller, and every one denying it as a matter of fact that the controller is the best thing around is a fanboy or talking nonsense... no other way to describe...

so I personally will wait and see

they probably have the same jaguar architecture of AMD same graphics same RAM.... there willl only be marginal differences... but xbox one seems better option of what it can do and what it can replace all in all in your livingroom...

plus kinect what is a great fun with friends and your wife is convinced you not only have bought it for yourself

plus no way not in hundred years the dual shock will be as good as the xbox trigger... never ever... even though SONY enlarged that freakening hand destroying little piece of shit called controller and got closer to the xbox controller, and every one denying it as a matter of fact that the controller is the best thing around is a fanboy or talking nonsense... no other way to describe...

So what if its not out yet, its not like we are speculating about their existence. The specs are already out, and people can already start to think about which one to choose based on that and what each company said about the products.

I have no idea of what you said about the jaguar Ram etc, not a tech guy really..

I guess it depends on what you want, alot of people seems to prefer PS4 because it prioritise gaming.

Why is Xbox live better? in what way?

dont know about the controllers either(dualschock, triggers...), the xbox controller is very nice and comfortable indeed, but cant really compare since ive never used Playstation ones.

Javohl mein kommandant

So what if its not out yet, its not like we are speculating about their existence. The specs are already out, and people can already start to think about which one to choose based on that and what each company said about the products.

I have no idea of what you said about the jaguar Ram etc, not a tech guy really..

I guess it depends on what you want, alot of people seems to prefer PS4 because it prioritise gaming.

Why is Xbox live better? in what way?

dont know about the controllers either(dualschock, triggers...), the xbox controller is very nice and comfortable indeed, but cant really compare since ive never used Playstation ones.

I prefer the dualshock to the xbox controller.

PSN is better in my mind, only because it's free. Other than that it's exactly the same and anyone who says different is an idiotic fanboy.

I prefer the dualshock to the xbox controller.

PSN is better in my mind, only because it's free. Other than that it's exactly the same and anyone who says different is an idiotic fanboy.

Yeah it being free is what really attracts me, since im cheap....

Heard cases where people's credit card info got stolen through the PSN.

- So what if its not out yet, its not like we are speculating about their existence. The specs are already out, and people can already start to think about which one to choose based on that and what each company said about the products.

- I guess it depends on what you want, alot of people seems to prefer PS4 because it prioritise gaming.

- Why is Xbox live better? in what way?

- there are many factors, exclusive games, your social environment (where do your friends play at), exclusive games, graphics of the games (which was really weired because the xboxdevelopers got more out of the graphics for many many years although the PS3 had more power in theory, but this doesn't count, optimized code runs better and nicer then code that is too complex to implement, what was the case with PS3 the xbox360 had slightly worse specs technical wise but got the better graphics mostly... ) the xbox360 had that price of 399 while the playstation 3 did cost about 499 at the beginning or 599 don't know exactly so they screwed it there from SONYS view, lets sum it up, yes you know the specs but:

- which games will be there

- whom delivers the better graphics

- which price

- where do your friends choose to go to

- no it depends what kind of fan boy you are with most ppl, because (although the blue ray was a huge plus) PS3 wasn't even close to the Xbox360 when you compared price and delivered product, they where close to each other and the xbox360 had better graphics most times but for that price there should have been a clear shift to xbox360 from the gameing fans, but you still got enough PS3 sales, so there is no foundation on choosing in an rational way right now, yes you've heard the specs and som feats plus what? right, nothing, a little demo of what xbox one can do ELSE then gameing and some gameing previews for the new engine on PS4 and? thats not enough to decide, you don't even know wht the Xbox one will do for gameing do you? they just said, we want an great all round expirience

- Xbox 360 was better graphicswise and that PS-Move is shitty compared to Kinect where you actually don't need any trigger at all you just use you're body, and the voice commands in Xbox360 are sublime, so that one implemented in Xbox One should be perfect for you're need to command without controller. The Trigger is 100 times better, better grip, better haptcs better useability of the joysticks everything is placed on ergonomical right places. The Kinect is a huge plus to PS-Move, that new beamer that is developed whom enlarges you're screen via Kinect and then just makes you're whole living room like bein in the game and so on... don#t get me wrong PS3 is great but there are aspects where the Xbox clearly gets the nod...

-

Kinect and the Move are irrelevant for me. There are no great Kinect or great Move games out there.

The new Dualshock looks interesting though. I think it'll be on par with the new Xbox One controller.

I'm very sure PSN will gain ground on Xbox Live in the next couple of years as well since they have added features like streaming your games or taking over from someone's PS4 to do a mission or whatever for them in your own homely comfort.

MS's presentation for the Xbox One really bored me whereas Sony's one really excited a lot of people.

I think as it stands, PS4 has the upper hand. E3 will be interesting.

Yeah it being free is what really attracts me, since im cheap....

Heard cases where people's credit card info got stolen through the PSN.

Sony was hacked and card info was stolen. That was over a year ago and nothing has actually happened since. For instance, I didn't lose any money whatsoever.

1. I prefer the dualshock to the xbox controller.

2. PSN is better in my mind, only because it's free. Other than that it's exactly the same and anyone who says different is an idiotic fanboy.

1. thats what most ppl say when they're playn regularly with the dual shock, bot one whom has shifted to the xbox controller won't miss it just try it for some time, you will see, there is a reason why there are PS3-Controllers in the style of Xbox360 triggers and they're sold quite well

2. Yeah right so its not possible to you to pay 30 Euros a Year for Xbox Live, this sums up to 2,50 a Month, which comes to 0,08333period Cents at a day, I have no money at all, I'M a student have a wife and a child, so there is no excuse for that amount of money, its like with pralines, there was a nice study on it, if the better choclate costs 1 cent and you place the worse one next to it for free, ppl will choose the free one. They're pretty same thats right but the price for me is no argument...

Neither. A beast PC :ph34r:

PCs aren't comparable with the new gen consoles at all because you won't get a PC that gives you what the new gen consoles will at the same price.

There's no way you'd get a gaming PC that packs what the Xbox One or PS4 does for the same price (rumoured to be around £300).