Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate all this 'fanboy' talk that gets thrown around. I own both a 360 and a PS3, and have done for a while. Whenever a cross-platform title is released, I usually buy it for the 360, so does this make me a fanboy because I prefer the interface, the controller and the achievements of the Xbox?

I think the majority the 360 owners that originally wanted to buy the One, but were put off by the restrictions, will likely be sticking with Microsoft now, whereas if someone is buying their first console, they will likely opt for the cheaper console considering the exclusive games aren't great (I don't think). That's where this 'console war' will likely be won by Sony because of Microsoft's insistence on bundling the Kinect with the One and raising the price.

And whilst the Kinect is technology with amazing potential, I really couldn't care less about it when i'm playing. We're a long way off motion controlled gaming being standard, and as we've seen by Microsoft's recent u-turn, this generation of gamers aren't willing to dramatically change the way in which they play games.

For the record, i'm still undecided.

Either. I meant that my decision in regards to which console i'm going to buy won't be based on the exclusive titles.

If you were to base it on the exclusives though there'd be only one winner. :) In fact Microsoft probably comes behind even Nintendo in that department.

Translation: "Fuck, those points he brought up are spot on. I don't really have any reply. Better throw an insult his way and run away".

Bye Bye :wank2:

No, it means you're nothing but a product of rather transparent marketing practices who has nothing of interest to add except for calling people fanboys.

You'll grow out of it eventually but until then, you stick to one platform which you'll vigourously defend and I'll play the best games on both systems.

Good guys.... :wank2::wank2:

Im a big 360 fan but regardless of the DRM 180 im still sticking with the PS4 the price is appealing to me and I will mainly play it for FIFA and other sports titles and maybe one FPS like COD or Battlefield.

To all UK gamers im not currently in the UK but if anyone knows someone who works in a GAME store OR if you are popping into a GAME store can you find out what the preorder limit is and whether is is per household or rewards card ? (My household will be getting 2x PS4's) .....this will be hugely appreciated

CJT26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, i've been on Playstation since 1997 and i will stop on the Playstation too whatever number that will be. PS3 on release was around £500 (I didn't spent that much though). The PS4 on release is looking to be around £350. THAT'S INSANE. If i can get some birthday money, xmas money and trade in my PS3 along with games, accessories etc, this PS4 will be an easy thing to get.

I got my first PS3, the 60 GB big one with a bundle probably around the £380 mark. The newer one i got for £120 as i traded in my 60 GB PS3 which had the YLOD. I got it repaired but knew by past experience that it woulda came back after about a week so really screwed GAME over there but the slimline PS3 at that time was about £250 so i would be mad not to get the PS4.

Also the PS4 has a built in capture card i hear for recording so i can't wait. I will get this undoubtedly.

Well, i've been on Playstation since 1997 and i will stop on the Playstation too whatever number that will be. PS3 on release was around £500 (I didn't spent that much though). The PS4 on release is looking to be around £350. THAT'S INSANE. If i can get some birthday money, xmas money and trade in my PS3 along with games, accessories etc, this PS4 will be an easy thing to get.

I got my first PS3, the 60 GB big one with a bundle probably around the £380 mark. The newer one i got for £120 as i traded in my 60 GB PS3 which had the YLOD. I got it repaired but knew by past experience that it woulda came back after about a week so really screwed GAME over there but the slimline PS3 at that time was about £250 so i would be mad not to get the PS4.

Also the PS4 has a built in capture card i hear for recording so i can't wait. I will get this undoubtedly.

I could have posted the same thing word for word.

Only thing is i will target PS4 in spring time, wait to see if there are any glitches with the first batch that go on sale.

I waited around one year to buy the PS2 and the PS3 (bought it on Feb/2008) and I didnt regret doing so at all. You still enjoy the late tripleA games that usually comes to the current gen and already have a decent variety of next-gen games to choose from.

I will definitely do the same with the PS4. I am thinking of buying it with a supposed Uncharted IV bundle in late 2014 (when I am predicting it will launch) to get the most out of it. Dont think I will regret it...

I do love their launching lineup and it does offer a good cost benefit, so I wouldnt blame anyone who decides to buy it at day one!