Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

That's why I'm saying the Xbox will clearly still sell - it's a good console but all I'm saying is PS4 clearly has the upper hand. It's naive to think the PS4 will completely outsell it, but I think it'll be something like for every 4 Xbox Ones bought, 6 PS4s are bought (and that's even being a bit too optimistic).

Exacly, I think a 6-4 advantadge for the PS4 would be a homerun for Sony!

What pleases me (as a Playstation fan) is that Sony is coming out and saying - "look, we know we screw up last time, so here is everything we can do to get you, the gamers, back with us".

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I said otherwise? ;)

All I did was say Xbox One will sell way more than people on the internet are expecting, they are acting like it will sell one for every 10 Playstation 4s. Which will clearly not happen and, because of that, they will be surprise by how much it still is going to sell!

Also, there is a slight mad move Microsoft can still make. They can come and say the U$499 price was for a premium model and that there will be a U$399 low-end Xbox One. On top of that, they can tweak their very complicated and unclear Always-Online and Used Games strategy to minimize Sony's impact. Very improbable move, I know. But we never know, its best to admit a mistake (and looking bad in the media) than letting Sony take all the consumer hype and initial maket share!

Have i said, you said otherwise. :D

I think it will be a lot closer in terms of overall sales. Individual markets will greatly depend. I.e. in Japan Sony just dominates so i wouldn;t be surprised to see it outsell it 10-1. In the UK and the US the 360 was by far the bigger seller, so this gen i reckon they will be more level. As several will switch over and there may be some newcomers who would pick sony, but in the US/UK i would expect them to be even in terms of sales even though technically playstation would have stolen a large chunk of xbox's market share.

Final Fantasy XIV/XV: An important game to have in Playstation's portfolio, especially for their japanese fans. I have had my share of Final Fantasy, but I would still play it depending on the reviews. Definitely a good move by Sony to partner up with Square Enix.

I think FF15 could be a huge seller. Like Kingdom Hearts, people have been waiting for FF15 (Or Versus 13 as it was called up until now) for about 6-7 years! It looked awesome. Almost like God of War meets FF Crisis Core. Another one of those games that will be one of the most anticipated of the PS4.

It kind of sucks MGS5 is no longer an exclusive.....really sucks. I don't think Xbox one deserved it. Hope to god they don't do this Uncharted. Do they get Kingdom Hearts? I hope not...

PS4 UI. Very nice.

Sony have done a great job with all the sharing side of gaming. Looks really interesting and definitely something I'll be using with my friends :D

I had a PS1 & now I have a xBox 360, but after reading all of the bs for the xBox 1 & don't forget about purchasing a Gold member so you can play online or purchasing ms points so you can have upgrades for you games, I am thinking PS4 might be a better route for me in the future. Or I can go back to the PC games cause they are cheaper :Goober:

I think FF15 could be a huge seller. Like Kingdom Hearts, people have been waiting for FF15 (Or Versus 13 as it was called up until now) for about 6-7 years! It looked awesome. Almost like God of War meets FF Crisis Core. Another one of those games that will be one of the most anticipated of the PS4.

It kind of sucks MGS5 is no longer an exclusive.....really sucks. I don't think Xbox one deserved it. Hope to god they don't do this Uncharted. Do they get Kingdom Hearts? I hope not...

Definitely agree, Final Fantasy can be a huge seller and their new engine looks amazing. Looking foward to it.

However, Xbox getting MGS5 and KH3 is very frustrating. The problem is that Sony couldnt do anything about it, as Konami and Square Enix are third party studios and Microsoft probably offered them tons of money to get them.

The good thing is that the best studios that made games for PS3 are owned by Sony, so there is absolutely no chance they will appear on Xbox One. And there are many studios owned by Sony (called first party), most of them with two teams working on different games. Have a look:

- Studios with games announced:

1) Japan Studios (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and Patapon) = Knack

2) Santa Monica (God of War) = The Order 1886

3) Sucker Punch (Infamous and Sly Cooper) = Infamous Second Son

4) Guerrilla Games (Killzone) = Killzone Shadow Falls

5) Evolution Studios (MotorStorm) = DriveClub

6) Housemarque (Dead Nation) = Super Stardust HD

- Studios without an announced game:

1) Polyphony Digital (Grand Turismo) = They have only done GT games for all their history and GT4 is the best selling PS3 game of all time, so I dont think there is any doubt what they will do next...

2) Naughty Dog (Crash, Uncharted and The Last Of Us) = There is obviously a team working on Uncharted 4 (and I bet it will be more than a killer game, maybe the first 10 review of next generation), but what about the other team? I guess a crash game might wow people, but I dont know...

3) San Diego (ModNation Racers) = They are fucking creative, absurdly creative. Yoshida said they were the frst to start working on a PS4 game and it will be huge. I think they are saving it or when its needed (aka when Xbox comes with a big title).

4) London Studio (PS Home) = Something similar for the new PSN? I dont think so, but they are competent and have confirmed to be working on a game. Big question mark over what it will be...

5) Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet) = Their designers are superb and they announced its not LBP3, so huge expectations to what it is!

6) Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls) = Obviously something related to that Old Man with lots of polygons on it, lol. They are more than prolific story tellers, always an indie kind of game with resources.

7) Insomniac (Resistance) = More Resistance, enough said!!!

8) Bluepoint (Battle Royale) = They are keeping their focus on the fighting genre, definitely a segment Sony havent explored much. It will be good to add some diversity.

9) Bungee (Destiny) = Not a first party, but a huge partnership that almost makes like one. Sony and Playstation betting gigantic on its success. Very important to counter attack CoD.

So...without the inclusion of sports games (that EA takes care of), the PS4 has a lineup of studios Xbox One just cant compete with, it has everything from RPGs to Racing and Multiplayer shooters to New Creative Ideas. Microsoft showed some great exclusives, but Sony havent even brought the big guns yet. It is impossible to rival with SCE First Party Studios!

EDIT: One if the reasons Microsoft bound down to publishers asking for user games restrictions was the lack of quality studios they have (only a few). And because of that, they are also inventing big on third parties partnerships.

Sony have done a great job with all the sharing side of gaming. Looks really interesting and definitely something I'll be using with my friends :D

THE NEW PSN LOOKS AWESOME! :D

I am glad they kept the same trophies system, it makes my brother and I very happy we didnt waist our time. Also, they now have integration with smartphones and tablets, which reminds me of an interactive 21st century MSN for Playstation users, it will be great to share stuff and keep in touch with friends!

The Gaikai cloud ideas also looks promising, but MS are still ahead...

People think, probably rightly, that no matter how inferior the Xbox One is, Halo 5 alone will sell many units of the Xbox one. Fair point but I say just wait until Uncharted 4 is announced. The sales are likely to sky rocket. I'm salivating at the thought of Uncharted 4's graphics on the PS4.

Seems this is gonna get interesting, MS is going to announce a price BELOW PS4, despite an integreatet KINECT.

further its said they'll remove that DRM-Mechanism

Plus they'll remove that you have to be online once every 24 Hours.

This would be 75% of what I was criticising about the Xbox one...

let's see what happens

Seems this is gonna get interesting, MS is going to announce a price BELOW PS4, despite an integreatet KINECT.

further its said they'll remove that DRM-Mechanism

Plus they'll remove that you have to be online once every 24 Hours.

This would be 75% of what I was criticising about the Xbox one...

let's see what happens

Link?

And even if they do that, they will still look like idiots who have had to drop there price by 20% to match it to the PS4.

That UI looks great. Do you reckon PSN just carries over, or will it be completely new do you reckon?

If you mean whether reputation is reserved i.e. trophies, yes they will be ported. I'm assuming the new home layout will be similar'ish to the updated Playstation store.

If you mean whether reputation is reserved i.e. trophies, yes they will be ported. I'm assuming the new home layout will be similar'ish to the updated Playstation store.

I meant more screen name etc. But if all that carries over then so would your screen name obviously. Of course you can just create another one, but was wondering whether everyne had to or not.

Link?

And even if they do that, they will still look like idiots who have had to drop there price by 20% to match it to the PS4.

Not to me, If they where changeing that facts I would buy the xbox again and the xbox is more then just a gamecenter plus like I've said they've both very good games comeing for both sides.

It's in german mate.

http://www.arrcade.de/microsoft-zieht-nach-xbox-one-fur-349-euro/

That UI looks great. Do you reckon PSN just carries over, or will it be completely new do you reckon?

Think you can carry over as Rmpr was saying but I hope everyone has to start fresh because I have an awesome PSn name I waanna use lol.

It will be half and half. For instance, the trophies and media purchases will be automatically transfered, but you will need to do certain steps to adapt to the new UI (real names and not gamer tags, photos and not avatars, etc)...

I imagine there will be a step by step tutorial when you first log in or create a new user on PS4 and PSN. Another possibility is for you to integrate the PSN with Facebook, so it matches your profile info with both services.

Either way, it will be an easy transition, nothin to worry about! :)