Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Xbox has to get this right but there are two ways thing could be seen:

developers will think, we will gain more money with xbox one and ps4 will have to adapt to the modell

or xbox one has to go back and let ppl just play and share (my favourite outcome)...

Xbox had some nice exclusives but PS4 did win

and for that guy haveing a go at xbox one design... a big big HAAAA, HAAAA, they basically look the same 'boaring' design...

Price was won by ps4, if xbox one doesnt allow shareing games 4 free, maybe I'll switch to ps4 too

Pretty much sums it up:

original.jpg

Surprised tbh, I didn't think Xbox would be this foolish. Sony on the other-hand ticked pretty much every box. Better specs, better price, less restrictions, better games (atm), no used game fee etc etc. Even in the lesser departments, such as being region free (Xbox One is region-locked :rolleyes: ), Sony blew Microsoft out of the water.

Here's a comparison chart:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

Now the question is, pre-order it now, or wait closer to release for some packages? :dunno: .

tumblr_ls4awvTEBa1qjadyxo1_400.gif

Yep. No matter how you look at it. Sony blew Microsoft out of the water. No...Actually, they burned Microsoft into ashes, collected the Ashes and burned them again, into nothingness. That's the best way to describe this ownage. A lot of Xbox fans will switch over to PS4 now. Good that they've seen the light. They'll be much happier.

Xbox may have shown some new exclusive games but let's not fool ourselves, they've produced quantity not quality. Sony's exclusives are lightyears ahead.

People will be impressed by how much Xbox One will still sell...

It's still gonna sell as it will probably be the 16 year olds console of choice. Especially with its Halo exclusivity and extras that COD gamers will get. But i think this Gen the PS4 will be top dog where xbox was in the last gen (from sales). I mean, slightly better features, less annoying ones and 100 dollars cheaper would make it the neutrals easy choice. Ofc the fanboyism will still be rife, as many new what they were gonna be buying before announced (me included, as i couldn't abandon PS now).

People will be impressed by how much Xbox One will still sell...

Of course Xbox will still sell but Sony clearly have the upper hand now. They've got a few neat exclusives coming out - but Sony's got plenty of exclusives in the making too - they just chose to not show them off. I think Sony are going to steal the next E3 with their exclusives.

Breakdown of Exclusive Games:

XBOX ONE:

- Metal Gear Solid 5: I know this isnt an exclusive, but it is massive that Xbox brought a majorly Playstation franchise to the Xbox One and even more so to show the premiere in their press conference. I feel sorry for Sony, who backed up Kojima in the beginning and now are kind of getting a back stab. It will definitely prevent Xbox fans from buying a PS4 just to play MGS5. Great move by the guys on Microsoft.

- RYSE: The game looks stunning and it has a very promising environment to explore. The combat shares mixed feelings, I like the GoW type of gameplay, but I hated these arrows stuff they added. Also, why did they choose a created main character over an existing one? I mean, many incredible ones to choose from: Julius, Octavio, Caligula, etc. Anyways, it looks like it could be a hit, but it still depends on many questions marks, specially how the story will unfold and if the combat will be good or not.

- Killer Instinct: A very solid first party fighting game, it looks good, it has fame and Xbox fans will love it. I personally dont care and I dont think it sells console, but it is a great addition to Microsoft's library.

- Sunset Overdrive: It looks a lot like PSN's exclusive PAIN. Not that the game itself is similar, but the graphics does look like an improved PAIN. It has both the potential to be a fun game and the potential to be a total disaster. Not a tripleA game, but if it is any good, it will keep gamers distract at the always dull launch window.

- Forza 5: Man, is this amazing or what? Holly shit, without a GT6 for PS4, this will grasp the racing fanatics full attention. The realistic cars, vast variety of models, the Human AI, etc. However, this is only a racing game and there aren't so many racing fanatics if compared to RPGs, MMOs and FPSs. It will still sell consoles though!

- Quantum Break: I honestly think this is the best launch title there will be for both Xbox One and PS4. It from the creators of Alan Wake. For me, it has a bit of Beyond Two Souls essence, where story comes first and the game itself later (without compromising its quality of course). I have the highest of expectations for this game. It will most probably be a huge hit and it is launching with Xbox One.

- Project Spark: I dont know what to say about it. I am sure this is a creative game, but I dont know if anyone will be interested in it. Overall, it just seems fucking boring. I bet it will have decent reviews and no sales at all...

- Crimson Dragon: Seems cool, I just hope it isnt a mute game, lol. Anyways, not much to talk about it, you ride a dragon and kill other dragons. If it has cool scenarios, great mechanics, nice bosses, cool multiplayer integration and long gameplay; I will want to play it. If it doesnt have any of that, just a stupid game to make it to 15 exclusive titles.

- Dead Rising 3: Well, great move by Microsoft in making it an exclusive. Looks very cool, an open world of zombies with excellent graphics doesnt need much more introduction. Could be a very bold addition to the Xbox One's lineup, not too shabby!

- Halo 5 (?): Well, this is faaaaaaar from being released. It is just to tease fans into buying the Xbox One. It is like if Sony had teased Playstation fans with an Uncharted 4 or God of War 4 logo. I bet it will be holidays 2014 or later.

- Titanfall: This looks like a real NextGen shooter. I was amazed by how cool and realistic it looks, the gameplay was fantastic, out of this world. I absolutely love multiplayer futuristic shooters. Definitely a good option before Halo comes out!

PLAYSTATION 4:

- The Order 1886: Looks absolutely stunning, never seen nothing like it running on real time on a PS4. Santa Monica is just sooo good, cant believe they have split the team in two and still make out of this world video games. The best in-engine trailer from this E3, as good or better than MGS5. I am hoping this is far from launching, maybe summer 2014? We all hope so!

- Killzone Shadow Fall: It looks bright, which is weird, but I guess they did so to show off PS4's graphics capability. From what I saw, it looks a lesser fun Titanfall, with better graphics. Lets wait and see, I think it will be a decent game, but not spetacular. It could surprise us but I dont know, afterall, Resistance is the real tripleA shooter for the PS4!

- DriveClub: A good rival to Forza 5 and its good that Sony launches with a realistic racing game that is exclusive. However, I doubt the social media thing will be of any improvement. I think of this as a downgraded Forza 5 for PS4. Not that is a bad game, but it really is difficult to try to beat one of the best racing franchises of all time.

- Infamous Second Son: Holly shit, this is HUGE! According to people who saw the gameplay, its the best game from first party studios that will be launching within a couple of months from the consoles launch date. Going by the first to Infamous games: it will look awesome, it will be immensely fun, big open world and the possibility to play good and/or evil.

- Knack: Like Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One, could be a fun hit or a total disaster. Definitely not a tripleA (selling consoles) game, but it is still a shot. Nice opportunity to show how second screen works.

- Final Fantasy XIV/XV: An important game to have in Playstation's portfolio, especially for their japanese fans. I have had my share of Final Fantasy, but I would still play it depending on the reviews. Definitely a good move by Sony to partner up with Square Enix.

- Kingdom Hears 3: EXCITED!!!! Do I need to say anything?

- Indie Games: Well, we all know PSN is the place for high quality indie games and every year we have a couple of jaw dropping surprises and the guys at Sony Entertainment are making sure it will still be. Some of the 10 exclusive 'mini' games shown in the press conference will definitely be worth playing!

- Destiny: It is a very big ambitious project from Bungee and Activision. It looks great in every perspective and I bet it will be a success (just dont know how big). The fact they will have an exclusive open beta and first hand DLC for the Playstation 4 is amazing, could rival with Call of Duty and Battlefield 4 if it becomes just as big!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

It's still gonna sell as it will probably be the 16 year olds console of choice. Especially with its Halo exclusivity and extras that COD gamers will get. But i think this Gen the PS4 will be top dog where xbox was in the last gen (from sales). I mean, slightly better features, less annoying ones and 100 dollars cheaper would make it the neutrals easy choice. Ofc the fanboyism will still be rife, as many new what they were gonna be buying before announced (me included, as i couldn't abandon PS now).

Of course Xbox will still sell but Sony clearly have the upper hand now. They've got a few neat exclusives coming out - but Sony's got plenty of exclusives in the making too - they just chose to not show them off. I think Sony are going to steal the next E3 with their exclusives.

Have I said otherwise? ;)

All I did was say Xbox One will sell way more than people on the internet are expecting, they are acting like it will sell one for every 10 Playstation 4s. Which will clearly not happen and, because of that, they will be surprise by how much it still is going to sell!

Also, there is a slight mad move Microsoft can still make. They can come and say the U$499 price was for a premium model and that there will be a U$399 low-end Xbox One. On top of that, they can tweak their very complicated and unclear Always-Online and Used Games strategy to minimize Sony's impact. Very improbable move, I know. But we never know, its best to admit a mistake (and looking bad in the media) than letting Sony take all the consumer hype and initial maket share!

Have I said otherwise? ;)

All I did was say Xbox One will sell way more than people on the internet are expecting, they are acting like it will sell one for every 10 Playstation 4s. Which will clearly not happen and, because of that, they will be surprise by how much it still is going to sell!

Also, there is a slight mad move Microsoft can still make. They can come and say the U$499 price was for a premium model and that there will be a U$399 low-end Xbox One. On top of that, they can tweak their very complicated and unclear Always-Online and Used Games strategy to minimize Sony's impact. Very improbable move, I know. But we never know, its best to admit a mistake (and looking bad in the media) than letting Sony take all the consumer hype and initial maket share!

That's why I'm saying the Xbox will clearly still sell - it's a good console but all I'm saying is PS4 clearly has the upper hand. It's naive to think the PS4 will completely outsell it, but I think it'll be something like for every 4 Xbox Ones bought, 6 PS4s are bought (and that's even being a bit too optimistic).