Spike

Honestly do people even know Griezmann is left winger and partly a striker? And apart from his goals, he is quite useless? Cant create much, isnt great at hold up etc. In big games he was often invisible for majority of the match. And physical difference between laliga and PL would only make it worse...but he wouldnt even play on his favourite position, yet he would bring us to next level?

He has great runs in open space, top finish, but playing against spanish defenses is easier because there is more space. He started Atletico career on wing, but wasnt convincing. Simeone started him as striker or second striker and he was alot more influental.

Yet people think he is typical winger, complete change of his playing position wont affect him much, and because he scored 22 goals, he is going to be great hit for us on right side...more like another Cuadrado, but with alot better finish.

First thing for any attacking player coming to PL is to have good balance. Take a look at Hazard, Alexis, Cazorla, Silva who all did well. Griezmann doesnt have great balance, he is pushed off the ball alot, we need to keep the ball more when in possession, as was clearly evident from last season that we cant. Griezmann wont solve shit in that aspect...

We need goalscoring winger, but Griezmann is not solution. Bale or Alexis type of winger will work for us, but not Griezmann.

I like Griezmann, he is good player, but I would never play him as RW, never mind in Mourinho Chelsea, where he would have to work his ass off and cover for Brana.

Honestly do people even know Griezmann is left winger and partly a striker? And apart from his goals, he is quite useless? Cant create much, isnt great at hold up etc. In big games he was often invisible for majority of the match. And physical difference between laliga and PL would only make it worse...but he wouldnt even play on his favourite position, yet he would bring us to next level?

He has great runs in open space, top finish, but playing against spanish defenses is easier because there is more space. He started Atletico career on wing, but wasnt convincing. Simeone started him as striker or second striker and he was alot more influental.

Yet people think he is typical winger, complete change of his playing position wont affect him much, and because he scored 22 goals, he is going to be great hit for us on right side...more like another Cuadrado, but with alot better finish.

First thing for any attacking player coming to PL is to have good balance. Take a look at Hazard, Alexis, Cazorla, Silva who all did well. Griezmann doesnt have great balance, he is pushed off the ball alot, we need to keep the ball more when in possession, as was clearly evident from last season that we cant. Griezmann wont solve shit in that aspect...

We need goalscoring winger, but Griezmann is not solution. Bale or Alexis type of winger will work for us, but not Griezmann.

I like Griezmann, he is good player, but I would never play him as RW, never mind in Mourinho Chelsea, where he would have to work his ass off and cover for Brana.

hear hear!!! :clap::clap:

And I think this is 1 reason we need to look at our defence as Bane gives us a problem with that. Putting Dave back on the right makes much more sense seeing how Eden has progressed defence wise lately

And I think this is 1 reason we need to look at our defence as Bane gives us a problem with that. Putting Dave back on the right makes much more sense seeing how Eden has progressed defence wise lately

I would like that but its up to Mourinho.

Azpi-Zouma(Iva)-JT(Cahill)-Luis

Matic-Fabregas

RW-Hazard-Willian

Costa

Here you have your perfectly balanced team, Willian would help Luis as much as he does now, Dave attacking on his strong foot is really good ( Mallorca ) so Azpi + Luis on the wings is a better combination offensively than Iva-Azpi, defence won't be a problem since we have Willian to cover for Luis and Azpi can quite handle a whole wing by himself.

This is why i wanted Arda, on the right, perfect balance.

Sadly, don't think it's gonna happen, don't see Jose dropping Iva nor promoting Luis to a regular starter.

Azpi-Zouma(Iva)-JT(Cahill)-Luis

Matic-Fabregas

RW-Hazard-Willian

Costa

Here you have your perfectly balanced team, Willian would help Luis as much as he does now, Dave attacking on his strong foot is really good ( Mallorca ) so Azpi + Luis on the wings is a better combination offensively than Iva-Azpi, defence won't be a problem since we have Willian to cover for Luis and Azpi can quite handle a whole wing by himself.

This is why i wanted Arda, on the right, perfect balance.

Sadly, don't think it's gonna happen, don't see Jose dropping Iva nor promoting Luis to a regular starter.

i dont want this to happen.

shift our best player from his favoured LW position to CAM. shift our RW/CAM to LW and moreover, i think another reason of having a proper defensive fullback like azpi as a LB is to cover for JT's pace (or lack of). we should not be uprooting half the team, and changing the way we play so that filipe can get an oppurtunity. i hope we sell luis for as much as we got him for and buy a defensive LB so as to shift azpi on the right.

shift our best player from his favoured LW position to CAM. shift our RW/CAM to LW and moreover, i think another reason of having a proper defensive fullback like azpi as a LB is to cover for JT's pace (or lack of). we should not be uprooting half the team, and changing the way we play so that filipe can get an oppurtunity. i hope we sell luis for as much as we got him for and buy a defensive LB so as to shift azpi on the right.

Or, you know, just buy an RB and accept Azpi will be on the left for almost all of the rest of his time here.

Hazard likes the left because it's less congested than the centre.

I'd imagine that if we buy Reus or whoever we'll go with 2 proper fullbacks - I don't think that's actually been done since the early 2000s tbh. Not against it, though. In that case, it'll almost certainly be another converted centre half - Christensen, Zouma, Kalas in the short term comes to mind.

Hazard cuts to the 10 spot anyways, he's more unpredictable in that position.

Willian is 10 times better when he's on the left or in the middle.

Won't be a problem on the left since we have Willian covering for Luis.

Atm, we have a very offensive fullback ( Ivanovic ) which lets players past him ( quite normal for a FB ) but isn't covered ( since Cahill is shit in that role ), JT is just the best covering defender you can get in the league, and he still does it pretty well.

All I'm saying is :

Zouma-Azpi-RW on the right and JT-Luis-Willian on the left

is way better and more balanced than

Cahill-Ivanovic-Willian on the right and JT-Azpi-Hazard on the left.

Hazard cuts to the 10 spot anyways, he's more unpredictable in that position.

Willian is 10 times better when he's on the left or in the middle.

Won't be a problem on the left since we have Willian covering for Luis.

Atm, we have a very offensive fullback ( Ivanovic ) which lets players past him ( quite normal for a FB ) but isn't covered ( since Cahill is shit in that role ), JT is just the best covering defender you can get in the league, and he still does it pretty well.

All I'm saying is :

Zouma-Azpi-RW on the right and JT-Luis-Willian on the left

is way better and more balanced than

Cahill-Ivanovic-Willian on the right and JT-Azpi-Hazard on the left.

Cahill has been a great defender, it's ivanovic who should be blamed to leave his full back position and is never able to recover on time

Nope, that's Mourinho's decisions, Ivanovic is the one with the most freedom of the FBs.

When Zouma plays alongside JT, Ivanovic has less trouble, because the frenchmen actually covers, Cahill is extremely slow and can't read the game well.

Nope, that's Mourinho's decisions, Ivanovic is the one with the most freedom of the FBs.

When Zouma plays alongside JT, Ivanovic has less trouble, because the frenchmen actually covers, Cahill is extremely slow and can't read the game well.

it is a poor decision by Mourinho to send ivanovic in attack because he has so less pace that he can't track back.

it is a poor decision by Mourinho to send ivanovic in attack because he has so less pace that he can't track back.

WTF? He can't send out Azpi in attack because strikers and wingers will rape Terry in broad daylight. Azpi must tuck to form a back three, all to protect Terry. Cahill is the one who is shafted in the team. He is basically covering for Terry's lack of pace, and also getting exposed because Ivanovic has to provide width that Willian and Hazard can't.

It's not that difficult to see where our problem lies. But we have to make due. It's why managers get huge wages and all the publicity. They have to look at a team and find a way to make it work. Jose has done that. We just won the league from the first time in 5 years ffs.

This team isn't set for the next 5 years. It's only next season. Terry will have to leave after this year, or accept being 3rd choice. No two ways about it. It's only for so long that you can sacrifice three players to protect one. Sooner or later, you have to reassess the team and move forward.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You