Spike

You ask me have I watched him play even though you don't even know what is his stronger foot?

He can be a successful Robben for us on the right wing. He can also rotate with Hazard and Oscar.

And ultimately be could play as a striker in 4-4-2 when we are chasing result.

Yes I do know what his stronger foot is! And no he can't be like Robben for us, he isn't a great dribbler, he is nothing like Robben, he is more like a left footed Schurrle, except he isn't very good on the right, we simply don't need him.

And you want him to be a 40+ million bench warmer who will occasionally rotate with Hazard and Oscar?

You ask me have I watched him play even though you don't even know what is his stronger foot?

He can be a successful Robben for us on the right wing. He can also rotate with Hazard and Oscar.

And ultimately be could play as a striker in 4-4-2 when we are chasing result.

I wont act like I know a lot about him but he doesn't seem to be some sort of a Robben

I am crying. You do realise Griezmann provides something we don't have, right? Something Mourinho may utilise. The same people that constantly don't want other players, because that would probably mean that Oscar's place is in jepardy. I am no expert on Griezmann, don't get me wrong, but he has goals from the right, as well as the left. His game, far as I know, is built around movement, intellegent runs an good finishing. Making it sound like he can't pass anybody, doesn't mean he's a bad dribbler. Yes, Arda is a better dribbler, but Antoine is pretty good on his feet and can cut in or pass by opponents if need be. Schurrle couldn't be utilised on the right, because he was a right footer. Griezmann can adapt, I'd bet my balls on that. He's still young, his growth is amazing. If we can tie up the deal, so we don't pay taxes, this should be done ASAP.

Yes I do know what his stronger foot is! And no he can't be like Robben for us, he isn't a great dribbler, he is nothing like Robben, he is more like a left footed Schurrle, except he isn't very good on the right, we simply don't need him.

And you want him to be a 40+ million bench warmer who will occasionally rotate with Hazard and Oscar?

I haven't meant that he plays LIKE Robben with pace, but rather that he can offer goals and do a decent job as a winger with a lot of freedom to move around.

And what was what made Schurrle so interesting? Cutting inside and shooting. What made Robben great? Cutting inside and shooting. So they some have similarities. When Schurrle was deployed on our RW he struggled to position himself well and shoot due to his stronger foot being right.

If you check Willian, Oscar and Cuadrado goals and assists and compare them to Griezmann I think he's worth the hassle. I'm not saying he's worth the money, but take into consideration that Atletico don't have to sell him so obviously he's going to be pricey.

you're right he ain't a diver

Hope he dont go asking Falcao for lessons.

Diving is my pet hate and it really winds me up no matter who does it. We have had our fair share of lads that like to give it a go and Ive always wanted to shake them warmly by the throat.

I haven't meant that he plays LIKE Robben with pace, but rather that he can offer goals and do a decent job as a winger with a lot of freedom to move around.

And what was what made Schurrle so interesting? Cutting inside and shooting. What made Robben great? Cutting inside and shooting. So they some have similarities. When Schurrle was deployed on our RW he struggled to position himself well and shoot due to his stronger foot being right.

If you check Willian, Oscar and Cuadrado goals and assists and compare them to Griezmann I think he's worth the hassle. I'm not saying he's worth the money, but take into consideration that Atletico don't have to sell him so obviously he's going to be pricey.

I don't recall Schurrle ever cutting inside and shooting as he always played on the right...

His goal stats means nothing to me as he didn't score those goals from the RW.

Personally think that if we buy him he'll play just behind Diego rather than out wide on the right like people are suggesting here.

Not after the comments Jose has made about Oscar, the number 10 role is his, and next season Jose expects big things from Oscar

Not after the comments Jose has made about Oscar, the number 10 role is his, and next season Jose expects big things from Oscar

True. But if that's the case then I doubt we'll be after a new attacking midfielder at all.

All we really have a need for is an upgrade on Oscar. Willian and Cuadrado will compete for the right side spot so I doubt we spend huge money for another winger.

True. But if that's the case then I doubt we'll be after a new attacking midfielder at all.

All we really have a need for is an upgrade on Oscar. Willian and Cuadrado will compete for the right side spot so I doubt we spend huge money for another winger.

I know that is what I have said, it doesn't make any sense to buy another AM/Winger especially if Traore is coming into the team also.

I want us to just spend big on a CB and CM

I don't recall Schurrle ever cutting inside and shooting as he always played on the right...

His goal stats means nothing to me as he didn't score those goals from the RW.

Andre had a few games in which he had a chance to play on the left and he definitely left me under the impression that he would've been awesome for us had we not had Hazard to play there.

You have a point that Griezmann hasn't played as a RW and got those stats, but I think we can both agree that he a great goalscorer and a big talent. That wouldn't change if he was playing for us rather then Atletico. Especially considering we are a team who doesn't put the pressure on only 1 player (read striker) to score.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You