Spike

That could be a huge dent in our transfer plans if true. Supposedly our top two targets. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Koke signs a new contract since he loves the club.

The bad thing about signing player with a release clause, is that it will depend on what the player himself want. If he want to force the move, he just need to refuse any offered contract his club given. Basically the club are fully realized it when they sign that player with particular release clause, they couldn't do anything if any other club meet the sum anytime.

In other words, they are already too late.

I like last season Atletico, and I think that the best team they have for years. Winning La Liga was a huge achievement. But I don't think they could repeat that again with Barca and Real Madrid domination and continuous spending. Also in CL. Copa del Rey might their only best chance for silverware in every season since now. Griezmann should have realized this, if he is clever enough, he wouldn't pass the chance we offered. Joining Chelsea much more promising for silverware, including CL. And more money of course.

still dont get why he would leave after spending only a single season with them? when was the last time this happened for a player on a long term [first] contract.

The first class train will not passing by your station twice. Better go in when you have a chance.

If he can cope physicaly with PL, I think he will be a hit once he gets used to team.

Fact that he played for atletico for whole year is definately plus.

The physicality of England is a myth. If he can do it at La Real and Atleti he will be fine in England.

I like last season Atletico, and I think that the best team they have for years. Winning La Liga was a huge achievement. But I don't think they could repeat that again with Barca and Real Madrid domination and continuous spending. Also in CL. Copa del Rey might their only best chance for silverware in every season since now. Griezmann should have realized this, if he is clever enough, he wouldn't pass the chance we offered. Joining Chelsea much more promising for silverware, including CL. And more money of course.

Apart from trophies and money, players want to play football. He would not be a guaranteed starter here. Of course money can sway anyone, but look how long its taking Cuadrado to gain a starting position.

The physicality of England is a myth. If he can do it at La Real and Atleti he will be fine in England.

Yea, if Mata can do well here anyone can.

Tell that to Hazard. [emoji38]

100+ fouls on him.

That's not cause of the physiciality, it's cause of Eden's style. He gets fouls in Europe too.

Apart from trophies and money, players want to play football. He would not be a guaranteed starter here. Of course money can sway anyone, but look how long its taking Cuadrado to gain a starting position.

That sounds familiar case to me. It's back to the player himself to choose, whether he want to stay at 'smaller' club to be a starter or ready for a challenge at 'bigger' club. Willian for example, as the one who take that challenge and could 'survive' in here. Yes there are others who have 'failed' like Salah for example, or the player who choose to stay at his club and afraid to take that challenge, in other words 'playing safe'.

If Griezmann believe in his own ability he could be better than Willian or Oscar or Remy (why I picked three names because he is versatile player therefore his chance to get minutes will be bigger), he might would want to join us for a chance of 'better' life. Top flight football at elite club, play with among the best players in the world, more competitive league, better chance of silverware, Jose Mourinho, more money, guaranteed called up for France, etc, would be the prizes if he could 'survive' here. It's all worth it imo.

Costa = 32 mln

Hazard = 32 mln

Willian = 32 mlln

Cesc = 30 mln

Griezmann =43.5 mln???

It's his release clause number, not that means he is worth that much of course. Basically the minimum price anyone could get him without have to bother about his club. You could always think he is only worth 25m for example, but Atletico will have every rights to reject it. Pay it or leave it price, nothing wrong with it imo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You