Spike

According to German newspaper Bild, #CFC have identified Real Sociedad's Antoine Griezmann as the man to improve their faltering frontline.

Chelsea interest remains firm and Mourinho could make a late move for Antoine Griezmann before the end of the week. #CFC (Mirror)

The lad scored a hat-trick yesterday against Elche in La Liga. His 2nd goal was great.

He now has scored 14 goals, despite being a winger, in 19 league appearances and only Costa and Ronaldo has scored more goals than him this season - 19 and 22 respectively.

Always looks to be trying to join the centre forward. I like what I see of this guy. Though I think a club like Chelsea might be a step too far for him, especially if he came in as 4th/5th choice. Could be incredible for a side fighting for 4th/5th place though. One to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

We need more finishers in our team. We are not finishing chances from all over.

If opportunity doesn't fall to our strikers or hazard we won't score. Its pissing me off of late.

I was against getting him but if we expect only our strikers to score while the rest of our player keep throwing their chances we won't advance that much.

As some have mentioned above, since we already got Salah, don't think we'll be looking to get Griezmann anymore and that is a tad unfortunate (prefer him over Salah personally). He mainly plays on the left but is always constantly rotating position which he sometimes appear on the RW or even the centre forward position. Moreover for someone who isn't that tall, he has a decent heading ability and always look to get at the end of passes, crosses etc inside the penalty box and that is certainly reflected in the number of goals he has scored for Real Sociedad this season. It has gradually increased each season. In fact, Griezmann is in the Top 6 of the highest goalscoring player in the Top 5 leagues with 15 goals, only Suarez, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Costa and Sturridge are ahead of him. And not to mention, he's one of the only 2 players in Top 20 who isn't mainly a ST that has reached double figures in the goal tally (Yaya Toure being the other).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You