Spike

read this !

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/5900563/the-antoine-griezmann-rumors-are-a-bunch-of-nonsense-at-this-time

Which is where Chelsea come in, as one of the usual suspects. Need to link a player for a transfer rumor? Call Chelsea!

true story :halo::D

That site's authors can be quite arsey though. Like "know it all's" and if you question them in the comments they dont like it

People are thinking, that because we arranged this friendly, it's part of an agreement to sign their best player?

While we're at it, can we schedule a friendly with Zenit so we can take Witsel off their hands? Maybe even Real Madrid, that Bale kid isn't bad.

People are thinking, that because we arranged this friendly, it's part of an agreement to sign their best player?

While we're at it, can we schedule a friendly with Zenit so we can take Witsel off their hands? Maybe even Real Madrid, that Bale kid isn't bad.

Arranging a friendly with a small team as part of a deal for a big club to sign one of their players is not unheard of and happens quite a lot actually so I can see why some people have begun speculating. I also found it odd for the club to announce a game at Stamford Bridge out of the blue because Chelsea rarely play these pre-season games at the Bridge nowadays. Maybe if it was a testimonial to Lampard or something like that it would make more sense but now it just looks out of place with all the other pre-season games in the last five years or so being played away from home. But, with Griezmann being a player we most certainly have no use for I'm pretty sure there's nothing more to this story than just another friendly match, unless it's something like us sending one of our fringe players on loan to El Real.

Arranging a friendly with a small team as part of a deal for a big club to sign one of their players is not unheard of and happens quite a lot actually so I can see why some people have begun speculating. I also found it odd for the club to announce a game at Stamford Bridge out of the blue because Chelsea rarely play these pre-season games at the Bridge nowadays. Maybe if it was a testimonial to Lampard or something like that it would make more sense but now it just looks out of place with all the other pre-season games in the last five years or so being played away from home. But, with Griezmann being a player we most certainly have no use for I'm pretty sure there's nothing more to this story than just another friendly match, unless it's something like us sending one of our fringe players on loan to El Real.

I just think it's a coincidence, I really do, pal. For me, it's like putting 2 and 2 together and getting 43.

I'd attach some weight to that theory if it was an away friendly in their stadium where we don't take a participating fee and let them keep all the match revenue in return for knocking a few million off the transfer fee. Not sure how them playing here connects with Griezmann.

wouldnt a match at SB get them more money? , more fans , more expensive tickets ect.

(not saying I believe it)

wouldnt a match at SB get them more money? , more fans , more expensive tickets ect.

(not saying I believe it)

I think how it works is that the home team keeps the gate receipts and pays the visitor a participating fee (lumpsum or as a % of the gate). Us going there would be a sell-out and waiving our fee would also benefit them. I'll ask around, though.

Didn't the Spuds arrange a friendly with Real Madrid as part of the Bale deal?

It's not unheard of. Don't think there's anything in this. Has now been proven that this rumor originated to some bogus fan account.

I just think it's a coincidence, I really do, pal. For me, it's like putting 2 and 2 together and getting 43.

Yes and that's pretty much what I also just said, that I understand why people would speculate because these things have happened in the past with other clubs, but that I'm still sure there's nothing in it this time.

read this !

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/5900563/the-antoine-griezmann-rumors-are-a-bunch-of-nonsense-at-this-time

Which is where Chelsea come in, as one of the usual suspects. Need to link a player for a transfer rumor? Call Chelsea!

true story :halo::D

That site is garbage. They know little but preach like they are some sort of authority on all things Chelsea. Nothing against Americans but I really don't think any of them have their fingers on the pulse of what is happening in the UK. Furthermore I doubt any of them have even stepped foot inside Stamford Bridge.

Bunch of fanboys with a popular site for other fanboys

dont need him!!! dont want him!!! we are set in the AM department, if we really wanna go out and do a luxury signing, we can do so in getting a 3rd CB (rather than having zouma/omerou play the 3rd CB role) or buy vidal/pogba.

dont need him!!! dont want him!!! we are set in the AM department, if we really wanna go out and do a luxury signing, we can do so in getting a 3rd CB (rather than having zouma/omerou play the 3rd CB role) or buy vidal/pogba.

I dunno about that.

No team that struggled to score like we did at points last season are completely set in the AM department.

If a griezemann was able to come in and help Fabregas ease some of the scoring burden off of Willian and Oscar(who both struggled to score and create goals as the season went on) then it wouldnt be that bad of a move.

Hell, Manchester city brought in Navas and Jovetic to a midfield that already had Milner,Yaya Toure, Silva, and Nasri.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You