Spike

You act as thigh Oscar has been much better. Of course Willian isn't world class but Oscar has been average for a season and a half now.

Oscar in the first half of the season was still better than what Willian currently does in my opinion. But each with they're own i guess.

Watch and weep.

Willian has no room of improvement at 26. 8 goals in 2 seasons, equally as atrocious records in nothing Leagues like Russia & Ukraine he's a squad player next season. It isn't a coincidence we've signed Salah, Cuadrado and are now chasing Griezmann since Jose's been here. He knows he isn't good enough & desperately wants a replacement.

Oscar on the other hand is highly rated by not only his fellow teammates but managers as well. The likes of Cesc, Neymar, Deco, Pele, Marcelo, Hazard to Jose, Dunga, Scolari, AVB, Wenger all speak very highly of him.

Griezmann has been a winger for the majority of his career. Jose isn't signing him as a striker because of one year at Atleti.

Forget the stats, watch him. He helps in the build up and has been our 2nd best performer since February.

Wonder what world these lads live in. World Class #10 that has never shown he can score or create on a consistent basis. I can't wait for Oscar to make them inevitably backtrack next season.

Imagine thinking Jose is signing Griezmann to play with 2 strikers upfront. The same Jose that's never in his entire career played in that fashion. He'll obviously be played outwide just like Pandev, Eto'o & Cristiano Ronaldo were.

Only until January, then he'll disappear for 6 months, as usual.

Is slaughtering willian the only way to stick up for oscar? Cmon , willian has been one of our best players in 2015. As for his stats , he deserves more assists but lately , people have mucked up his service.

Only Gilvorak who, for some reason, is in love with Oscar.

He has far more balance/strength on the ball than salah and is a better finisher. Salah is just faster but griezmann is as fast as Hazard or faster so he's no slouch.

I was just talking shit tbh. I haven't seen a whole lot of Greizmann recently.

So the Oscar fan boy moved on to the Griezmann thread, jog on with Oscar he'll probably come to say that it's Jose's third season, so that is why Oscar will be better, but we will be a side battling for relegation.

Imagine this being already done like the Fabregas deal, and we are just gramping at straws from rumours. :ph34r:

Griezmann will give us option for RW, second striker or striker position, and it will come in handy later along next season. Willian, Cesc, Oscar could play as no 10 role. Griezmann, Willian and even Oscar could play as RW. Not that important who is 'world class' in which position and who doesn't, as long as the team could play well and getting the right results.

Is slaughtering willian the only way to stick up for oscar? Cmon , willian has been one of our best players in 2015. As for his stats , he deserves more assists but lately , people have mucked up his service.

So the Oscar fan boy moved on to the Griezmann thread, jog on with Oscar he'll probably come to say that it's Jose's third season, so that is why Oscar will be better, but we will be a side battling for relegation.

Imagine this being already done like the Fabregas deal, and we are just gramping at straws from rumours. :ph34r:

Might want to re-read the thread and see who the people who brought up Oscar actually are. I've already said I'm going to play the waiting game with Oscar and clown his detractors when he inevitably explodes next season and makes the haters backtrack on their words.

Re. Willian. These are hard hitting truths not vitriolic abuse like our "fans" give Oscar. Unlike Oscar there's no room for improvement with him & Jose knows it which is why we're chasing after Griezmann and not another attacking midfielder.

Mr. 8 goals in 2 seasons will have to make do with a squad role ala James Milner, Ji Sung Park, Dirk Kuyt & other utility players of that fashion.

What the actual fuck.

Willian's best games have been as a number 10 and 11 ( Shakhtar and this end of season ), RW is his worst position and i thought it was pretty established since it's amazingly obvious.

It's amazing how media can affect people's judgements, gen an opinion yourselves ffs.

People have never seen him play as 10 for Shakthar, they just go to google and check his statistics and say :''hmmm not good for a 10.''

That's typical 2015, having an opinion just because you want to have one, without knowing enough about the topic.

For us, his best attacking games are indeed at 10, but how many were given? Max 10 and he shined almost every time, just imagine when he's given a run of games there.

Might the most stupid comment i read on here. Willian world class? :blink:

Your name is for sure the most stupid one I've seen on here.

Yeah Willian is an amateur player, his ability to hold the ball under pressure, his body strength, his cross passing, his technique, his dribbling, his pace, his stamina, his pressing, his defending. All of this amateur level, good one clown.

27 this year and he's played in virtually everygame this season and John Terry has outscored him while Ivanovic has bagged more assists. World Class #10 that.

8 goals in 2 full seasons. EIGHT!!!!

I thought only fans of other clubs will judge our own clubs purely based on statistics, by your logic Iniesta is just an average player, Modric is just a stupid player cause they average 4 goals per season too.

Willian was our best attacking player, at the second part of last season. And this year again, many agreed, along with Terry and Hazard our best performers. His games aren't purely based on stats, cause he is vital for our build up play and overall game.

Oscar and his potential, he's been here for 3 YEARS!! and people keep speaking of potential, just a joke.

And you should change your avatar to a Oscar on holiday picture cause you're so in love with the player who is always taking his holiday 4-5 months earlier than the rest of the players.

people on here comparing Griezmann to Salah is kind of a joke... griezmann plays for the french NT, he has proven himself at the highest level of european football with simeone and atletico, he scores loads of goals in a top 2 league in the world in la liga.... salah was an egyptian playing for a swiss team who had a few decent moments in the europea league lol... not to mention nothing in their style of game is similar either, salah relies on his pace and that's pretty much all he has, griezmann is technically gifted, smart player who scores a lot to boot

Willian is just a glorified workhorse, with good technical ability but nothing more. His chance creation/key passes etc.. are even worse than an off form Oscar who is considered one of the worse creative #10. And yet people say he's a world class #10. Jesus.

I know he plays at RW and not at #10, but this shouldn't be the excuse, cause I doubt he'd ever play at that position since we have 3 better players than him for that i.e Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard (Hazard, considering we signed Girezmann).

It must hurt that Willian with his terrible stats is still twice the player Oscar is.

Might want to re-read the thread and see who the people who brought up Oscar actually are. I've already said I'm going to play the waiting game with Oscar and clown his detractors when he inevitably explodes next season and makes the haters backtrack on their words.

Re. Willian. These are hard hitting truths not vitriolic abuse like our "fans" give Oscar. Unlike Oscar there's no room for improvement with him & Jose knows it which is why we're chasing after Griezmann and not another attacking midfielder.

Mr. 8 goals in 2 seasons will have to make do with a squad role ala James Milner, Ji Sung Park, Dirk Kuyt & other utility players of that fashion.

Maybe if Willian played in the no.10 role for majority of season his stats would be better. Anyway, Willian's stats may not be as good as Oscar's but it is clear for me who has put in better performances. I don't know how true it was about Iniesta but heard his assist against Cordoba a fornight ago was his first in a year or something. Does that make him a bad player? Of course not because we know the quality he has. Willian is the same. He does not get the goals and assists but he brings so much to the game. Willian has been fantastic in 2015. I remember Villa in particular when we beat them 2-1 this season. Absolutely ran their team ragged. Oscar just has not been at it this season. I think that is because like Lionsden pointed out, he is a jack of all trades, master of none.

As to the 'haters' comment. Grow up, seriously. We all want the best for our club and because some criticize him that makes them (us) haters? Pathetic. The criticism is fair and nothing to do with 'hating'. We all want him to grow into the player we saw against Juve but as of now he just fails to inspire me. He lacks consistency big time.

Same as the Torres fans. Putting a certain player above the club, at which Willian has managed to make himself big when most needed. Read my post in the Oscar thread.

Stop spamming about Willian and Oscar, this is Griezmann's thread, really trust Kike Marin, hope it goes through.

A RW that can win headers, make runs and put in some good crosses would be nice given that Diego doesn't jump when the ball comes in the air from deep. FFS, isn't there one strong, tall winger with good feet out there to buy who also isn't over-valued? How is it that Chelsea are left to looking at players who are all 5'9" or less, not very strong and not terribly good on the ball? I would prefer buying upgrades for the fullback positions (or depth), one top CM, another striker possibly and just waiting to see who emerges during next season. I don't dislike Griezmann and he CAN score, but there's got to be a better way to approach this. None of the players being discussed for winger/AM are top-notch players and none of them are strong. Nice to get more players that can stick in some goals, sure. But I'm thinking "pass" on all these guys.

Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong and a move like this is simply about goalscoring for next season. Too bad it looks like Chelsea will pay a premium price for a sub-optimal signing. Bad timing, I guess. On the bright side, we're not Bayern deciding to buy Goetze instead of Neymar LMAO.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You